Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Jersey City Hyatt Updates (Hurricane Sandy)??

Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

I plan on staying here 11/12 - 11/16 but I believe it's flooded with 5 feet of water. Anyone have an update?

OB
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:12 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
The update at http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/about/pre...tentId=2690416 doesn't mention the JC Hyatt, but I imagine currently it's without power. My company has an office across the street at 101 Hudson Street, and we got an email stating the building is in pretty bad shape.

You should probably call the JC Hyatt directly to get a status update and to see if they have any sort of timeline for cleanup.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I cant remember what is on level 1, other than valet. Checkin, buffet and other services are on level 2, a good 20+ feel above the previous water level
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Half of that floor are rooms, the other parts are the pool, gym, and staff space.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The majority of the hotel's facilities are located on the third floor, the hotel is taking reservations so it must be fine. But take a look at this video, this is the light rail station located a block S/E of the hotel at Hudson and Montgomery, the PATH Station must have been filled with water.

I would avoid staying here if your travels include Manhattan IF THE PATH IS NOT RUNNING, If Grove and Exchange Place Stations are closed your travels into the city will take forever, the lines to the ferries will be very long and travel into the city via car will be a nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsZ1dZIo10
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

I'm glad you said that. I would of thought the ferries would be a good alternative but didn't think about how long the lines will be. I'm sure they'll be crazy.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Ferry service is very limited in NYC you should check the schedules. You think a city located on an island would have an outstanding ferry service, they don't.

http://www.nywaterway.com/FerryRoutesSchedules.aspx

If you are traveling next week things should be better, PATH is suppose to be up and running in a week and hopefully subway service is back in service south of 33rd Street.

I would keep an eye on the situation. PATH has no information on their website, but the MTA has updated their webpage detailing what subway routes are running. NJ Transit also has some info on it's website.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servl...ion=HomePageTo

Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye
I'm glad you said that. I would of thought the ferries would be a good alternative but didn't think about how long the lines will be. I'm sure they'll be crazy.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:18 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I haven't spoken directly to anyone staying there, but I know my company used the Hyatt as emergency lodging for key employees who work in Harborside Financial Center next door this past week.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
It looks like its open lots of traffic in and out the other day. Why not call. The first floor was flooded. Went by the next day and the pool was filled with brown water. The first floor sucked anyways if they put you on that level.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Has anybody who lives on the Jersey City side heard an official estimate on when Exchange Place to WTC PATH might actually be running? Poking around online last night I saw two estimates--one next week and one next month if it goes well. If its the latter I need to start looking for a different hotel.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jayer
Has anybody who lives on the Jersey City side heard an official estimate on when Exchange Place to WTC PATH might actually be running? Poking around online last night I saw two estimates--one next week and one next month if it goes well. If its the latter I need to start looking for a different hotel.
Just saw on the news "PATH service is suspended for Hoboken, Exchange Place and WTC stations; it could take weeks to get those stations up and running again."

If you need to be in the city, I suggest you look for a hotel in the city instead. I think the ferry service is running but there were long lines last week.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:39 pm
Suspended

On NBC NY tonight.... they hope to have PATH service back to normal in 2 weeks. FYI: Jersey City is a mess I would avoid staying there for the time being... as is the area around the Andaz Wall Street, looked like a war zone when I was down there yesterday.

Originally Posted by totmode
Just saw on the news "PATH service is suspended for Hoboken, Exchange Place and WTC stations; it could take weeks to get those stations up and running again."

If you need to be in the city, I suggest you look for a hotel in the city instead. I think the ferry service is running but there were long lines last week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.