Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by cs1985
I´m looking forward to visit the Andaz in March. Unfortunately the rates are above 300 $... Has anybody ever found cheaper rates for that property?

Jetsetter.com has a flash sale for the next 5 days for the Andaz Amsterdam. Prices start at $217 and up, and are available from February through August.

Last edited by dgross; Feb 10, 2013 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:17 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Discounts

Don't forget to check membership rates like AAA AARP
Consider point redemption on Gold Passport points or Hyatt stay certificates
But don't miss an experience here its a pretty cool special property
I'm looking forward to a return sometime in the warmer months ahead
Cheers
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by dgross
Jetsetter.com has a flash sale for the next 5 days for the Andaz Amsterdam. Prices start at $217 and up, and are available from February through August.
thx :-)

would this rate be eligible for the BRG ?!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by cs1985
would this rate be eligible for the BRG ?!
I don't think so. Jetsetter is a non refundable, flash sale site.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Jetsetter requires registration..... When that's the case the BRG doesn't apply.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
how did the diamond breakfast work out at this property?

Last edited by austin_modern; Apr 1, 2013 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can simply have anything that's available in the restaurant.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
how did the diamond breakfast work out at this property?
Its a nice selection with beautiful presentation. One day they would have smoked salmon one day they wouldn't.
One day it would be cut terribly thick and other days beautifully thinly sliced. Overall quality is inferior to local Marriott properties/brand breakfast dining.
Quality in general is all over the map with a wide range of select items from excellent to poor. I'd call it a work in progress.
Whatever your personal thoughts are good or bad its at least generous
Eggs Benedict was a stand out even though its not my thing

On the upside great hotel, outstanding caring management and team and a beautiful and unique high design hard product/room and public areas
One of my favorite hotels anywhere especially in a city like Amsterdam where the standard has lagged for years
Don't miss an opportunity to stay here. Brilliant ^
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 1, 2013 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Its a nice selection with beautiful presentation. One day they would have smoked salmon one day they wouldn't. One day it would be cut terribly thick and other days beautifully thinly sliced. Overall quality is inferior to local Marriott properties/brand breakfast dining. IMHO quality is all over the map of select items from excellent to poor. I'd call it a work in progress. Whatever your personal thoughts are good or bad its at least generous
Eggs Benedict was a stand out even though its not my thing

On the upside great hotel, outstanding caring management and team and a beautiful and unique high design hard product/room and public areas
One of my favorite hotels anywhere especially in a city like Amsterdam where the standard has lagged for years
Don't miss an opportunity to stay here. Brilliant ^
Cheers
Thank you. We're staying there in a week and a half for like 4-5 days... trying to make sure I have all my info ready so I dont look like an idiot... or any less of an idiot than I normally do.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why would you.... when you check-in all the Diamond benefits will be explained. The self-serve part of the breakfast I find a little bit quirky, but it's an Andaz. And they have somehow decided it's a good thing to have access to the kitchen :-). But I sure like the lounge/library.

Especially for a holiday it's a nice hotel in a good location. Just hope the weather get's a bit warmer.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why would you.... when you check-in all the Diamond benefits will be explained. The self-serve part of the breakfast I find a little bit quirky, but it's an Andaz. And they have somehow decided it's a good thing to have access to the kitchen :-). But I sure like the lounge/library.

Especially for a holiday it's a nice hotel in a good location. Just hope the weather get's a bit warmer.
One can order directly from a server as well unless something has changed
Despite some shortcomings of the kitchen and occasional execution of the kitchen the serving team tried their best to please all guests.
Mind you the breakfast was sensational compared to anything I've every had at the Pulitzer down the block.
When I make an overall assessment from my own observation I use Hyatt Global International standards and other area chains that have US afiliation in the local region.
Based on those expectations the breakfast fell short of what my hopeful expectations were.
I'm hoping time and polish in the kichen will continue to let this wonderful hotel to shine
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
One can order directly from a server as well unless something has changed
Nothing has changed, that's why I called it the self-serve part. Not everything is meant to be ordered....
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing has changed, that's why I called it the self-serve part. Not everything is meant to be ordered....
Appreciate the clarification
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:52 am

i´m having a stay at the andaz this weekend... any suggestions according to the room etc ?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I like having a canal view.... But you're probably not in your room that often. Can't say I have been in a bad room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.