Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:04 pm

I'm sure, but I'll go back and double check the email. Now, I just have to find it

Originally Posted by HookEm
When I bring up a description of the rooms, there is absolutely nothing about a Club Room. They have regular rooms, garden views, canal views and suites. But nothing about a Club Room. Are you sure they said "club room"?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by FD1971
Thanks for the report, RTW.

It is really shocking to read that Swisscom is still around..

I fear Hyatt Int. actually resigned with Swisscom, the original contract should have reached its end by now...

BTW, is the big lamp an original FLOS or just a fake?
Swisscom is back in Paris CDG as well
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:05 pm

Stayed in a large canal view room (diamond upgrade). Here some pictures:

Room:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...daz-amsterdam/

Hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...z-amsterdam-2/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 15, 2014 at 5:54 am
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Am I the only one who wouldn't want to sleep underneath an image of a dead fish?

On a dif note & a heads up. The IBC trade show occurs every September in Amsterdam, it's considered a "citywide event" (close to 50,000 attendees), and ALL the hotels in AMS jack up their rates (think rates like 450-500E). It doesn't matter if you're there for leisure or bizness unrelated to IBC; during that week you will be paying the IBC rate. Dates for IBC 2013 are 09/13-17 (rates will go up on the 12th & go back to normal on the 18th).

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Am I the only one who wouldn't want to sleep underneath an image of a dead fish?
The smell wasn't bad, I slept fine

For the IBC I wouldn't stay here, the location will take you quite some time to get to the RAI. Rates only seem to rise by about 40% though
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
The smell wasn't bad, I slept fine

My guess is those who want Hyatt points & whose expense accounts can handle the increased rate for IBC will stay there, although it will take a while to get to the RAI.

I normally stay at the Marriott @ Leidesplein during IBC. I've started booking through the IBC hotel service (still get points) as the rate, while more than the normal non-IBC rate, is not the inflated rate booked directly through the chain's website (that's true for the Hilton & Starwood properties too).

Since the Andez has just opened, there's the possibility they might get added to the IBC hotel service list in which case I'd recommend someone book through that. My other recommendation is, unless someone is there for IBC, to avoid AMS that week in general!

PS - I still think the dead fish is creepy looking

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:11 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings from Andaz Amsterdam

Hi All,
I am here just for the opening month.Everything is new,clean and beuatiful
It's the hotels 3rd week and the team here is absolutely remarkable!
The pics can not do this property justice
As I stated previously Hyatt has brought on board some of their best talent to get the hotel off to a fantastic start and they are well on their way.
It is the most beautiful Andaz I have seen to date and unlike any Andaz I have ever been in.
The design is out of this world and a bit over the top However that's what makes it fun!
For those that like the cool wow factor you wil be in love,
I wouldn't want to live in it but its fun to visit and stay.

We had dinner last night in the restaurant which for my tastes is a work in progress to be polite despite some nice presentation and friendly hospitable folks
I have pages of notes already on day 1
The room has so many interesting design aspects I don't know where to begin.
The dead fish picture on the wall is art its part fish and part spoon all at the same time.
I don't even notice it or think about it with all the cool elements of the hotel
It's certainly different and it gets your attention from the drab interior of your typical bland hotel.
It's there to provoke conversation and entertain all at the same time
Warning:Long extensive review to follow!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 25, 2012 at 2:20 am
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I was there also this weekend - I shall be interested in your views.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Cool

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

PS - I still think the dead fish is creepy looking

Cheers. Sharon
Art is in the eyes of the beholder
I like my creepy fish in a spoon and I haven't been lonely since we met
They have giant replica copies to purchase in the lobby so I will be sending you one for the holidays
It grows on you
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It's certainly different and it gets your attention from the drab interior of your typical bland hotel.
The hallways to the rooms are the one feature they didn't spend much time on it seems, apart from some screens nothing different than other (bland) hotels. That was a bit of a letdown for me....
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Awesome Hotel

Just spent Thanksgiving weekend there and it was great!

After visiting most of the US properties and the London Andaz, this may be my favorite. The staff is awesome. Stayed in Room 409 and while there were some different things about the room, They weren't terribly challenging. For example, it is difficult to shave using the face bowl (which are great) while looking in the mirror. The color palette throughout the hotel was very pleasing. The bar was great and I enjoyed breakfast everyday.

Manuel is truly an asset to the Hyatt brand and was full of great restaurant and nightlife suggestions.

If you like Thai food check out Rakang which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. You won't be disappointed.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
As predicted months ago already, the Andaz Amsterdam has quite some potential to disappoint....

I would not call it a complete failure yet, but considering the rather mixed-solid reviews so far, it seems that it did not generate the hype one would expect from a new premium Hyatt property in a completely new market.

For a future stay in AMS, the excellent Sheraton AMS quoted me a room rate of Euro 131, while the Hyatt reversed the numbers and played in the Euro 310 range...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FD1971
I would not call it a complete failure yet, but considering the rather mixed-solid reviews so far, it seems that it did not generate the hype one would expect from a new premium Hyatt property in a completely new market.
Where did you see any negative reviews?
I've only seen positive reviews with minor remarks so far....

And really... comparing with the Sheraton Amsterdam, and airport location?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I'll be running a series of reviews over the next few days on the blog. I'll copy this all back over here once it's done -

Part 1 - From Schipol to the Andaz
Part 2 - First Impressions
Part 3 - Room 218 - An Andaz Suite
Part 4 – Room 221 – my ‘Internet’ Room

Last edited by Markie; Nov 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Markie
I'll be running a series of reviews over the next few days on the blog. I'll copy this all back over here once it's done -

Part 1 - From Schipol to the Andaz
h !

Last edited by FD1971; Nov 27, 2012 at 2:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.