Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Carmel Highlands Coastal Escape $129/night [targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:42 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Just received this via snail mail:

- 2 nights in the one-bedroom suite from $129/night (weekday), $149 weekend

- 10,000 GP points

- no stay credits

- Mandatory attendance of a 90 minute time share pitch

There is a Priority Reservation Number included which is being verified by the agent & address.

Weekend rates for the property in October are in the $500-600 range. I was planning an award stay before but I'd rather take the 10k HGP points...

Last edited by MightyTravels; Sep 19, 2012 at 4:53 pm
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
hmm - haven't seen that offer in a while - looks better than the current one online

http://www.hyattvacationclub.com/hvc/en/properties/highlandsinn/retreattothisbigsursanctuary.html
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Can't remember what I got. I'll look when i get home. IIRC I think your offer is better
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
I got this same offer and am really considering it. Has anyone attended before? How hard a sell is it?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I got this same offer and am really considering it. Has anyone attended before? How hard a sell is it?
Just smile but be very firmly NO at the end. Don't even consider buying regardless what they say.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you will be asked an invite code for the promo rate

both carmel and sedona (much cheaper) were available so this aligns with standard offers
http://www.hyattvacationclub.com/hvc...sanctuary.html
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just smile but be very firmly NO at the end. Don't even consider buying regardless what they say.
Not sure if I agree with the above... With options of investing slim, I think my purchase here was pretty solid. I think this property is different from other time shares in that the maintenance fee is not too bad and prices seem to have been increasing. And you can purchase using the Hyatt Visa which will give you x3. Overall, I was able to get >200k points having purchased a week here with points they give out when you go with the purchase. Another thing is that I have been getting really sweet upgrades after my purchase at other Hyatt locations. I am a diamond and expect some upgrades, but the suites I have been upgraded to after my purchase are way better than what I used to get before the purchase. I think I read somewhere that even with diamonds there are different tiers so think I might have been bumped up. Maybe I have been lucky this year. Overall, I really am enjoying my recent purchase here as I would never dream of spending $500 / night at the hotel portion. I pay ~$1200/yr and can spend more than 7 nights spread out over the year. Recently visited again during the concurs d'Elegance. Also have received diamond amenities at this property of 1000 points per stay and free breakfast. No stay credit though. Will recommend.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by coterie
Not sure if I agree with the above... With options of investing slim, I think my purchase here was pretty solid. I think this property is different from other time shares in that the maintenance fee is not too bad and prices seem to have been increasing. And you can purchase using the Hyatt Visa which will give you x3. Overall, I was able to get >200k points having purchased a week here with points they give out when you go with the purchase. Another thing is that I have been getting really sweet upgrades after my purchase at other Hyatt locations. I am a diamond and expect some upgrades, but the suites I have been upgraded to after my purchase are way better than what I used to get before the purchase. I think I read somewhere that even with diamonds there are different tiers so think I might have been bumped up. Maybe I have been lucky this year. Overall, I really am enjoying my recent purchase here as I would never dream of spending $500 / night at the hotel portion. I pay ~$1200/yr and can spend more than 7 nights spread out over the year. Recently visited again during the concurs d'Elegance. Also have received diamond amenities at this property of 1000 points per stay and free breakfast. No stay credit though. Will recommend.
I have yet to see an instance where purchasing a time share would have made any financial sense, sorry. I am glad that you are happy though.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
There are some good resale opportunities for the Hyatt Carmel vacation club. I paid about $1500 for an oceanview unit that sells for over $25,000 from the developer.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by holtju2
Oh, I definitely have no interest in purchasing. I have interest in 10K points and hanging out down there for a couple days.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
I received a similar offer for the vacation club in Sedona AZ. I called to see if I could swap to this property. Could not because I do not live in CA...I live in AZ. You only qualify if you live in state...according to the agent I spoke with.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
I received a similar offer for the vacation club in Sedona AZ. I called to see if I could swap to this property. Could not because I do not live in CA...I live in AZ. You only qualify if you live in state...according to the agent I spoke with.
being from CA i was offered both AZ or CA when i called (original mailing was for Sedona property)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.