New Hyatt Card Features

Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Thanks for the offer, there really need some improvement for this card.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We are excited to announce that on October 1st, we will launch two new features to the Hyatt Credit Card that will make everyday purchases and Hyatt stays even more rewarding for our cardmembers.

Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies. This is in addition to the current earning structure of 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt properties worldwide and 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

Additionally, cardmembers will be able to earn and maintain Diamond status more easily by using the Hyatt Credit Card for all of their purchases as follows:

- Spend $20,000 annually and receive 2 stay / 5 night credits toward Diamond status
- Spend $40,000 annually and receive an additional 3 stay / 5 night credits (for a total of 5 stay and 10 night credits) toward Diamond status

These features were carefully developed based on Hyatt Gold Passport member feedback and research we conducted with our partner Chase. For more information, please visit http://www.hyatthotels.hyatt.com/newcreditcardfeatures.

We look forward to launching these features to help you earn more points and get closer to Diamond membership.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Another suggestion, even with the new enhancement, there is no sufficient reason for us to switch to this card since we already have other Chase cards such as UA biz card, Citi Forward card which already give u 2 points for restaurant and UA purchases or 5 points for restaurants. If u do some research, Hyatt points worth less than UA miles. So for us there is no sound reason for us to switch to this card. I sincerely hope u guys could consider to improve with 3 points for airlines and hotels or 2 points for grocery stores if u guys really want to attract more customers especially long time loyal customers otherwise most of the people just open the cards and get the two free nights/suites then go. This will give us more sound reasons to switch to this card and keep using it for long time.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We are excited to announce that on October 1st, we will launch two new features to the Hyatt Credit Card that will make everyday purchases and Hyatt stays even more rewarding for our cardmembers.

Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies. This is in addition to the current earning structure of 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt properties worldwide and 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

Additionally, cardmembers will be able to earn and maintain Diamond status more easily by using the Hyatt Credit Card for all of their purchases as follows:

- Spend $20,000 annually and receive 2 stay / 5 night credits toward Diamond status
- Spend $40,000 annually and receive an additional 3 stay / 5 night credits (for a total of 5 stay and 10 night credits) toward Diamond status

These features were carefully developed based on Hyatt Gold Passport member feedback and research we conducted with our partner Chase. For more information, please visit http://www.hyatthotels.hyatt.com/newcreditcardfeatures.

We look forward to launching these features to help you earn more points and get closer to Diamond membership.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Does 2012 spending count?

I've read through this entire thread twice and not found an answer to the question on whether 2012 spending counts for the stay and night credit. I also haven't been able to find out if the spending counts for nights in the year of the spending or the following year.

Can the GP Concierge please clarify these items?

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:19 pm

The extra qualifying nights for $20k/$40k spending is a marketing failure. Whoever dreamed of this as an incentive should be fired for stupidity. I spend $400k a year across several cards and no additional funds are going to maintain this card. The card itself is fine, but their $20/40k carrot is rotten!! I don't even see the carrot on the stick.

Chase/Hyatt should have made $50k spending FOR diamond status. I might have spent $50k on it to get that.

And for all you morons talking about mattress runs, it's wasted money. Spending on your card gets you your product/bill paid. Paying the chain for an empty room and not needed is dumber than the new reward features (unless you just need the bump to reach next level). Yet, I'm not a hard-core analyzer like some on this board. I primary spend my money on my AMEX and send the points to the airlines.

I'll be spending annually $10k on the Ritz card and $30k on the BA card.

Hyatt.....do a better job here. Yet, I am guessing chase and hyatt tried to work out some better benefit here and chase could only get them to implement "this". They might be protecting the diamond status.....but how many people would be added at $40/$50k spending??
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by cashmccall

And for all you morons talking about mattress runs, it's wasted money. Spending on your card gets you your product/bill paid. Paying the chain for an empty room and not needed is dumber than the new reward features (unless you just need the bump to reach next level).
Maybe for you, but not for me and probably lots of other people. I've done several MRs even when I was passed the diamond threshhold because of the point earning opportunities. There have been several times when the various promotion bonuses combined with lounge closures, diamond amenity etc. would generate more $ in points than the room cost. Granted these opportunities have diminished with the demise of Gx bonuses, etc. but I still find them occassionally.

I do agree with you about these "enhancements" being dumb though, and like most people I only keep this card for the free night and to use at Hyatts. It would take a lot more than this to get me to switch spending from my Chase Sapphire card and SPG Amex.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by huskergreg
I've read through this entire thread twice and not found an answer to the question on whether 2012 spending counts for the stay and night credit. I also haven't been able to find out if the spending counts for nights in the year of the spending or the following year.

Can the GP Concierge please clarify these items?

Thanks
I asked Gold Passport Concierge this directly, regarding how much of 2012 spending would count. A "Manager Gold Passport Partners" responded as follows:
"I want to assure you that all of your spend activity for the 2012 calendar year will be used towards the $20k-$40k spend toward Diamond Status. All spend activity through December 31 will count toward 2012 as well."

So all spend from Jan 1 through Dec 31 will count for the year of the spending, and it is not limited to when the December bill closes.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by feeb1
I asked Gold Passport Concierge this directly, regarding how much of 2012 spending would count. A "Manager Gold Passport Partners" responded as follows:
"I want to assure you that all of your spend activity for the 2012 calendar year will be used towards the $20k-$40k spend toward Diamond Status. All spend activity through December 31 will count toward 2012 as well."

So all spend from Jan 1 through Dec 31 will count for the year of the spending, and it is not limited to when the December bill closes.
I've spent over $20k on my Hyatt Visa this year and I notice this morning that my account has been credited with two stays and three nights. There are also two new entries of 5 base points, one for two nights credit nd one for one night credit. I'm still missing the other two nights credit. (should be 2 stays/5 nights)

Last edited by huskergreg; Oct 13, 2012 at 7:57 am
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by huskergreg
I've spent over $20k on my Hyatt Visa this year and I notice this morning that my account has been credited with two stays and three nights. There are also two new entries of 5 base points, one for two nights credit nd one for one night credit. I'm still missing the other two nights credit. (should be 2 stays/5 nights)
Same here. Must be some sort of glitch.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by sensei
Same here. Must be some sort of glitch.
Me too!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
+1 from Canada 😡
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mux41
LOL, $40K spending gets you HHonors diamond status with the Citi Hhonors reserved card and the AMEX HHonors Surpass. With HHonors diamond, you can get very likely suite upgrade upon check-in and free breakfast + lounge access if there is one. Who would spend $40K on Hyatt card to earn 5 stays? Hyatt, you can't compete against your rivals with these "new" features. Try again please.
I've had HHonors Diamond for some years now, and the likelihood of a suite upgrade is far below "very".
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
I've had HHonors Diamond for some years now, and the likelihood of a suite upgrade is far below "very".
Since last year, HHonors removed suite upgrade was excluded for Diamond and it became much more possible to get a suite upon check in. I did get nice suite upgrades in some Asia properties last year. With the HHonors huge devaluation, I do not see Hyatt's Visa offer is too weak now. Still, I wish Hyatt Visa would credit more stays with spending $40K in a year.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:56 pm

I'm also a hilton diamond and i got a suite upgrade a grand total of 0 times last year! (and i've gotten more at hyatt w/o certs) ymmv
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
i disagree

Although sapphire preferred has better point earning structure, the advantage is only 7%. For UR redemption, United is the best and hyatt is the second choice. If you need hyatt points, why bother transfer from UR? 5 stays and 10 nights is valuable for some people, especially you can manufactured spending in US.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.