Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Card Features

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by puregravy
Hmmmm.... I guess you mean 40k spend on another cards gets you 40k points/miles etc vs 10 nights x $150-$200 Hyatt place?
No. I meant that if you want 10 qualifying nights, you can stay at a Hyatt 10 nights for far less than $40k. And since there's no other reason to spend on this card if you have a Sapphire Preferred (other than when you stay at a Hyatt), that negates the qualifying nights bonus.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by kenbo
The bonus stay/night credit is worthless if you have no plans to go for Diamond. Some incremental spend may get shifted to this card due to the new spending categories but on the whole, the changes just put them head to head against other cards that offer stronger benefits and returns.

Instead of restaurants, airlines and car rentals, I would have liked to have seen restaurants, gas and grocery stores. That would have been enough for me to shift some of my AMEX spend.
+1. Still on the list for the annual free night, but this does nothing to shift spending from CSP + Amex Hilton.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Can I be the first to say 'thanks Hyatt' from all your loyal members outside the US......

I'm starting to feel like the statues...
Trust me, ya aint missin' much.

I still don't have this card, as it seems the only real value is the 2 free nights in a suite, and I haven't figured out an optimal use for them yet.

Overall, it seems like the FT crowd gives this at best a yawn, and perhaps a negative reaction. Where our modern Hyatt Homers telling us how great this is?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 4aks
Can you have Chase.com add an 'annual spend to date' report to the account display to support this card feature?
+1

Do we know if the $20K/40K annual spend threshold for 5/10 nights status credit includes spend prior to this October 1 (the date the new features are launched, according to the announcement)? Obviously it would be the whole calendar year (Jan-Dec) in 2013, I just want to confirm if that is the same for 2012.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
As many FTers pointed out, for most of us the only reason to hold on to Hyatt Card is the free annual night in a Category 4 or lower hotel.
Other than that, given the versatility of Chase Sapphire, this news is YAWN...

I feel like Chase is cannibalizing on its cards since they have so many... UA, Marriott, Southwest Airlines etc.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
No. I meant that if you want 10 qualifying nights, you can stay at a Hyatt 10 nights for far less than $40k.
Apples and oranges. The $40K can pay for OTHER purchases.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
Apples and oranges. The $40K can pay for OTHER purchases.
Well, kind of. If your goal is to get the most bang out of $40k spend, there are other cards that are better. For example, the Citi HHonors Reserve card gives you Diamand status outright for $40k spend, and gives better points per spend (even after considering HHonors points are worth less per point than GP points).

If you want 10 Hyatt qualifying nights, find a Hyatt Place for $100/night and get 10 nights there. You don't even have to actually stay there, just check-in, then check-out 10 days later. Then spend your remaining $39k using other more rewarding credit cards.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:19 am

I'll add to the general air of disappointment with these upgrades. I was pretty excited when the rumors started coming out about enhancements, but this is a non-issue. The card will still sit in the bottom of my sock drawer.

5 stay credits for $40k spending? That is pathetic. Hilton gives you top tear status with that much spending (along with better bonus categories on the amex card). SPG gives you 4 stay credits just for having the personal and business cards.

2 points on restaurants is nice...But I'd rather 2.14 UR points (Sapphire Preferred) or 5 Citi Thank You Points (Forward) - or really 5 UR points from IB/gift cards.

If Chase Hyatt had something like earn Diamond status with $50k spend, I'd seriously consider shifting that spend over to this card...Until then, not a penny.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump

Still not sure why they haven't released a business card.
I agree. Why isn't there a business card?

As for the new improvements, they are better than not having them.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by RTW1
The Hyatt cc is kinda lame... but not having an alternative outside the US is even worst.
Discrimination, Dilution of status, Devaluation of Points earned the hard way...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We are excited to announce that on October 1st, we will launch two new features to the Hyatt Credit Card that will make everyday purchases and Hyatt stays even more rewarding for our cardmembers.

Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies. This is in addition to the current earning structure of 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt properties worldwide and 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

Additionally, cardmembers will be able to earn and maintain Diamond status more easily by using the Hyatt Credit Card for all of their purchases as follows:

- Spend $20,000 annually and receive 2 stay / 5 night credits toward Diamond status
- Spend $40,000 annually and receive an additional 3 stay / 5 night credits (for a total of 5 stay and 10 night credits) toward Diamond status

These features were carefully developed based on Hyatt Gold Passport member feedback and research we conducted with our partner Chase. For more information, please visit http://www.hyatthotels.hyatt.com/newcreditcardfeatures.

We look forward to launching these features to help you earn more points and get closer to Diamond membership.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
Any news of a Hyatt CC with the same benefits for non US residents?
GP concierge, come on, that's becoming more and more a slap in the face for non US residents. For us not residing in the US, the CC with points, promo extra points and now this inflation of Diamond member, it's a devaluation of Diamond status.
If there's no CC coming for at least major EU countries, I'm surely not the only one who will jump off because of this devaluation of non-US Diamond status.

At least a reply from GP concierge would be nice, as my representative at Hyatt Germany is no longer there...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
Discrimination, Dilution of status, Devaluation of Points earned the hard way...
+1

If everyone gets Diamond from the Credit Card then it just becomes another Hilton. Blahville
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I'll give them some credit for realizing the card needs a little spicing up.
And personally, as someone who earns Diamond the "real" way, I'm glad the high spend only gives a "bump towards" Elite and not the status itself. IMHO, why should someone you can put a lot of Corporate spend on their card get the top hotel benefits.
Just another way of sayin' that for a HOTEL company, the emphasis should stay with the beds for sale and points sold to a credit card company

But, like so many others, these changes won't increase my spend on this card other than Hyatt stays. Sapphire still trumps this card on so many levels.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by steve64
IMHO, why should someone you can put a lot of Corporate spend on their card get the top hotel benefits.
I don't understand the "Corporate" reference. Are you saying it would make a difference between whether the CC spend is on personal vs corporate spend? If so, I cannot imagine what that difference would be.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:16 pm

Pretty sure the number of people who would theoretically become a Diamond from spending forty thousand dollars a year on a Credit Card (every year, no less) will be substantially less than the number of people who mattress run (and thus essentially dishonestly) their way to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.