Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
This promo is a return to realism. The party's over!
Then why is Marriott giving me 3 Cat 4 nights for 6 stays? Granted, Cat 4 nights are not the Park Hyatt, but they're easily worth $100/night if you use them on weeknights in urban locations instead of bidding NYOP on Priceline.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yes, it's a very nice hotel .. I've stayed there.

If you can use it at properties like that before the certs expire, sure. There's a few international JWs that are cat 4.

I've used mine at some Marriott branded hotel at SEATAC, and also once at the REN LAX. Neither hotel is a property I would use on a paid stay.

Yes, I get your point, some free nights are better than no free nights. And for some people that might dictate which promo they go for. I would not be very happy with a cat 1 - 3 free night promo at Hyatt though.

-David
I am still loyal to Hyatt. It was the foot print issue that forced me to have some of my stays at Marriott this summer, and I got the bonus out of it! However, that said, Hyatt's push for the Hyatt Card, by bundling their promo to their Card has me frustrated.

To make matters worse, I don't appreciate how I don't have the option of amenities when staying at Hyatt's regionally.

In all fairness, I would take Cat 1-3 free night from Hyatt after 2 stays if they gave it out because there are several worthwhile properties in my mind:
  1. Hyatt Regency Tokyo
  2. Grand Hyatt Fukuoka
  3. Grand Hyatt Jakarta
  4. Grand Hyatt Bali
  5. Grand Hyatt Taipei
  6. Park Hyatt Ningbo
  7. Grand Hyatt Melbourne
  8. Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
  9. Park Hyatt Mendoza

I will probably end the year with about 80 nights with Hyatt (chum change to some of you). But, I can't roll over 30 nights like MR

Last edited by DHalltheway; Aug 5, 2012 at 9:48 pm
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by bbbb
Please wake me when Hyatt comes up with a promo worth returning to the chain for.
I'll take that wake-up call as well. If they need to find me, I'll be in a bed at a Club Carlson property.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:06 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
Pretty weak. Stay 5 nights and get 1 night in the lowest end hotels? Carlson's SOGO promo blew this out of the water.
I think it's still better than SPG's current promo. And don't even mention Club Carlson. I got all the free night bonuses, but too many of their properties are dismal and their program/benefits are a joke, not nearly in the same league as Hyatt GP or SPG. They have a long way to go to compete in the big leagues, it's no wonder they have to give points away to lure customers. I have only banked the bonus points for a back-up at some rare properties they might be useful.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ldsant
Well quite frankly, I could very well complain since I have just finished my 120th night with Hyatt for this year and have not received any promos this year. So yes, a 5% bonus points or any other promo would be welcomed.
120 Hyatt nights and you did not signed up for a promo - now who's fault is that

Marriott Fall promo - some folks been getting:

Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights + 15,000 points after 25 paid nights—up to 50,000 bonus points

Now that is pretty weak! 50K is just 1 night at some big city properties.

I am waiting for spg's fall promo if any. After the Choosey early announcement misstep on these boards, I doubt they will announce anything anytime soon.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Yes, it's a very nice hotel .. I've stayed there.

If you can use it at properties like that before the certs expire, sure. There's a few international JWs that are cat 4.

I've used mine at some Marriott branded hotel at SEATAC, and also once at the REN LAX. Neither hotel is a property I would use on a paid stay.

Yes, I get your point, some free nights are better than no free nights. And for some people that might dictate which promo they go for. I would not be very happy with a cat 1 - 3 free night promo at Hyatt though.

-David
At least you seem to understand that your first comment was somehow ridiculous..., SEATAC area can be pretty pricy. The Ren Lax is probably a Top 3 property in the area, which is somehow infamous for old and run down chain hotels from all competitors...

2 stays resulting in a Cat.3 free night would probably be appreciated by quite some GPP members...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
At least you seem to understand that your first comment was somehow ridiculous...
I still have no idea what you are talking about or why. Are you still taking my first reply out of context?

SEATAC area can be pretty pricy. The Ren Lax is probably a Top 3 property in the area, which is somehow infamous for old and run down chain hotels from all competitors...
Those certs did save me some money, but neither property is one I would ever pay to stay in, both were available relatively cheap. I may have even used the cat 1 - 5 cert from the credit card for one of those stays. Can't remember.

Top 3? According to whom? Everybody in the SPG forum seems to be in love with the Sheraton LAX now. The Renn was just "ok" to me, nothing more than that. The Westin LAX is much nicer than the Renn was (at least the room I got at the Renn), larger rooms, heavenly beds, etc, but most people complain about the Westin. Go figure.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 6, 2012 at 5:31 am
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
In all fairness, I would take Cat 1-3 free night from Hyatt after 2 stays if they gave it out because there are several worthwhile properties in my mind:
  1. Hyatt Regency Tokyo
  2. Grand Hyatt Fukuoka
  3. Grand Hyatt Jakarta
  4. Grand Hyatt Bali
  5. Grand Hyatt Taipei
  6. Park Hyatt Ningbo
  7. Grand Hyatt Melbourne
  8. Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
  9. Park Hyatt Mendoza
Cat 1 - 3 was pretty generous, and looking at the list there are some decent cat 3s in the US sprinkled in the list. Cat 1 - 2, for the most part with a couple of exceptions, gets you Hyatt Place, Hyatt House only level in the US. that's what I was going for. Don't know how fair the comparison is to Marriott's cat 1 - 4 though.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that would like that promo.

I can understand your frustration with the credit card links in the promos.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 6, 2012 at 5:44 am
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Allright people!!! - Last night I deleted a few posts that were primarily members bickering - I see that has continued later on last night and this morning. STOP IT!!! Discuss the promotion (pro or con) not each other.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:42 am

Cat 1 - 3 was pretty generous, and looking at the list there are some decent cat 3s in the US sprinkled in the list. Cat 1 - 2, for the most part with a couple of exceptions, gets you Hyatt Place, Hyatt House only level in the US. that's what I was going for. Don't know how fair the comparison is to Marriott's cat 1 - 4 though.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that would like that promo.

I can understand your frustration with the credit card links in the promos.

-David
For me personally, I won't redeem any Cat 1-3 hotel in the US, because the price, hard product, and soft product of the Hyatt in Asia Pacific make it more worthwhile in my experience.

As my stays in US Hyatts are usually a month, I often get/negotiate a long stay rate, which reduces the rack rate often to be more affordable.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Aug 6, 2012 at 8:10 am
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Jeff,

a friendly reminder at the beginning of the work week...

What about your non US customers?

There must be something in the books for us as well, right?

What do I have to do in order to get the 66000 points? ( the equivalent of two free nights at a Park Hyatt ) or to be eligible for the additional 20%

Thanks a lot in advance !
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by RLG
Does anyone know whether nights will count toward this promo if I check in before the promo starts but stay past 9/1?
I have the same question. Have a stay starting on 8/31 for 3 nights and it is a get the third night free rate. Will I receive any credit towards this promo from that stay?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
I have the same question. Have a stay starting on 8/31 for 3 nights and it is a get the third night free rate. Will I receive any credit towards this promo from that stay?
My guess is you'll probably only get credit for the night of September 1. The night of August 31 is not an eligible night since it's out of the promotion period and the night of September 2 is a free night, which (technically) is not eligible for stay/night credit.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
My guess is you'll probably only get credit for the night of September 1. The night of August 31 is not an eligible night since it's out of the promotion period and the night of September 2 is a free night, which (technically) is not eligible for stay/night credit.
I agree, if you can try to move your free night to the first night.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Another Boooo from me. What a weak promo! Is Hyatt trying to drive its loyal customers away with this? Bring back FFN~!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.