Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Fall Promotion - Imagine the Possibilities - bonus points - 9/1/12-11/30/12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
Jeff,

what about your non-US customers without the possibility to sign up for a credit card?

The customers who are paying significantly more for staying at a Hyatt, the customers who do not have cheap Hyatt Place hotels that charge $ 50 a night to earn status..., the ones that do not get free suite nights for signing up for a credit card, in other words your best customers???
Agree 100%.

I guess Hyatt has other purposes; i.e. to boost Hyatt Credit Card popularity in USA. However, it is definitely an incorrect treatment to arguably Hyatt's best customers.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:30 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by peteropny
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
For more information, please look for upcoming details on hyatt.com.

To register today, please visit Hyatt.com or call 1-800-228-3360 on August 15. Registration ends October 31.
I'm assuming that registration opens on 8/15 or thereabouts.
To me it reads quite clearly.. to register today visit the website or call on the 15th.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: status-less.
If they wish to program a G1 bonus for the stays I already had planned in the next few months, that's lovely. Will this entice me to make additional reservations? Highly doubtful.

As far as I can see, the last couple promotional efforts have simply been the return of the G bonus - or in the case of this last one, the A bonus - in a more general and system-wide form as opposed to property-by-property. Nice for what it is, but to my mind simply an easier-to-program return of something we had grown used to and whose removal engendered numerous complaints. To Hyatt's credit, these are potentially more lucrative than the G and A bonuses of before.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:01 pm
Suspended

How about a 10% off promo code...
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It seems like Hyatt is trying to get to where some European hotel programs already went: essentially reaching the program outcome of "stay 10 nights get one night free" just about anywhere in the chain. That too it works for those who can get in on the Hyatt credit card action and have a bunch of cheap Hyatt hotel stays during the promo period.

Not impressed by this promotion, even as a weak promotion is better than no promotion.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 2, 2012 at 7:13 pm
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the original post was unclear in that I went to hyatt.com and couldn't see how to register now. Was anyone able to register? Or do we have to wait until August 15?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Boy some people just need to complain about EVERYTHING. . .Hyatt doesn't have a promo and people complain, they do have a promo and people complain. . .
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by bbbb
Please wake me when Hyatt comes up with a promo worth returning to the chain for.

+1
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ldsant
Boy some people just need to complain about EVERYTHING. . .Hyatt doesn't have a promo and people complain, they do have a promo and people complain. . .
So, if Hyatt came with a promo like "5% bonus points after 20 stays", people shouldn't complain because there is a promo ?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
This promo is nice and I look forward to earning 3 free nights. Lets not complain as its better than nothing.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
So, if Hyatt came with a promo like "5% bonus points after 20 stays", people shouldn't complain because there is a promo ?
If my math doesn't fail me, that's still a better deal than nothing extra at all. I'm sure there was a time when such a promotion would have been greeted with a much greater level of enthusiasm.

The problem with incentive promotions is that they create an escalation of expectations that are unsustainable, and must eventually be dialed back.

Hopefully, you'll get another Great Recession very soon that will result in more desperation deals that will meet your satisfaction.

That said...the Hyatt Free Night promotion was a lot more useful to me than this one will be.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm going to do 11-12 nights to requalify for Diamond, this promo isn't going to get me to go to 15. But then again I have tended to average 1.3-1.4 nights per revenue stay over a number of years and chains, so this promo isn't really aimed at me.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant
And then posts like yours, complaining about the people who are complaining...
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:17 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Well we basically sign up for these programmes because of their core perks right? So anything on top of those are to be taken as a bonus.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Let Diamond lapse, used to stay 25-35 times a year. Not any more. Their promos suck. Enjoying Marriott now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.