FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Best way to book stay using 3 types of award? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1372087-best-way-book-stay-using-3-types-award.html)

Cohall Jul 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Best way to book stay using 3 types of award?

Hi All,

I'm planning on booking 7 nights at a Park Hyatt. To pay for the stay, we will be using 2 free night credits from my account, 2 free night credits from my wife's account, and 66K GP points from my account (transferred in from ultimate rewards).

I'm wondering if any on here has insight into the best way to do this. Should I book 3 separate reservations, and then call the hotel to have them combined? Or would Hyatt reservations be able to book all of these into a single reservation if I call them initially to make my reservation?

Thanks in advance.

Richard1148 Jul 30, 2012 12:33 pm

I would just call Hyatt reservations initially.

traveling_again Jul 31, 2012 4:23 am

The free night awards from the CC are exactly that, one award books one night. So you are actually talking about 5 room bookings. Since you have to call to redeem award nights from the CC, the total number of reservations will be up to the agent (and his/her knowledge/skills). I prefer one reservation and got that when I redeemed my 2 free night awards and attached a HGP points redemption too.

Cohall Jul 31, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks both for your input. It sounds like I should give them a ring and see what we can work out. Much appreciated.

C

Cohall Aug 1, 2012 10:46 am

Just wanted to stop back in and post my experience, in case anyone else ever is looking for an answer to the question I posted.

I called in this AM, got an extremely competent agent, and was able to book all 5 redemptions as a single reservation. It seemed like it took the agent a decent amount of work, flipping back and forth between screens and my account as well as my wife's, but was able to put it all together without issue. Based on the chain of email confirmations I received, it seemed as though he started with a single night reservation, and then just kept modifying that reservation to add additional nights and payment types.

C

peteropny Aug 1, 2012 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Cohall (Post 19040573)
Just wanted to stop back in and post my experience, in case anyone else ever is looking for an answer to the question I posted.

I called in this AM, got an extremely competent agent, and was able to book all 5 redemptions as a single reservation. It seemed like it took the agent a decent amount of work, flipping back and forth between screens and my account as well as my wife's, but was able to put it all together without issue. Based on the chain of email confirmations I received, it seemed as though he started with a single night reservation, and then just kept modifying that reservation to add additional nights and payment types.

C

Thank you for reporting back!!!

rajuabju Aug 1, 2012 2:36 pm

Most Hyatt agents will be able to make it all in 1 booking.

I recently had a stay in Washington DC that was part paid, part award, part paid again at a different rate. Agent combined it all into a single confirmation #.