Wiki Posts
Search

Costco rate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Costco rate

Has the partnership between Hyatt and Costco ended? None of the hotels in USA that I've booked over the past weeks had it available.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:20 pm

No, still widely available. Try code 66267.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Ah that's funny, it works with that code but not with "costco" as it used to. Thanks for that!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: F9, UA, AA, HH, WN
How much does that save over AAA?

Thanks,
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crystak
Ah that's funny, it works with that code but not with "costco" as it used to. Thanks for that!
I think that the "costco" code is for specific promotions for Costco members, while the 66267 code is the regular code for the normal discount rate.

Originally Posted by PlaneAdmirer
How much does that save over AAA?
From what I can tell, the AAA and Costco discounts are identical.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:36 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
From what I can tell, the AAA and Costco discounts are identical.
Most of the time the AAA and Costco rates are the same (typically 10% off the Hyatt Daily Rate). AAA rates sometimes include breakfast. Earlier this year some Costco rates were also offering a $25/night food & beverage credit. For Diamonds who were getting free breakfast anyway, the Costco rate was a nice alternative. I usually check all my discounts before booking as rates and promos vary and change often.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but:

Recently I tried to book rooms using the Costco SET. It generated an error message at checkout.

The Hyatt Concierge on Twitter told me that the Costco rate can now only be booked on the Costco Travel Website.

Also that this rate is not considered an eligible rate and will not earn points/stay credits (but on property Globalist benefits would be provided).

Has anyone else noticed this? Are there any workarounds to book on hyatt.com?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Has anyone else noticed this? Are there any workarounds to book on hyatt.com?
I actually just noticed that the 66267 code for Costco Travel was reactivated after a long hiatus. It was inactive while Costco Travel said they were creating a new hotel program. I haven't booked any since this "new program," because for my stays it is usually the same $ as the Member rate. Of course in the past, Costco rate would always provide benefits, points, and credit, but that may have changed with this new program. I'll be anxious to hear myself if it does indeed provide credit.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I searched the 13665 Costco code and it did pull up hotels. Maybe it's a different one now?
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I searched the 13665 Costco code and it did pull up hotels. Maybe it's a different one now?
When the hotels pulled up on the hyatt site, did it have the tab that said "costco rate"?

I logged into my costco account and tried booking on the costco site, but the price is same as hyatt, no discount like before.

I also tried the 13665 code on the hyatt site. It does pull up hotels in the search results, but there is no costco tab with the costco rate like how it was before. The search results are the same with and without the code. Hmmm, maybe there's a bug somewhere?

Where did you get that code?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
When the hotels pulled up on the hyatt site, did it have the tab that said "costco rate"?

I logged into my costco account and tried booking on the costco site, but the price is same as hyatt, no discount like before.

I also tried the 13665 code on the hyatt site. It does pull up hotels in the search results, but there is no costco tab with the costco rate like how it was before. The search results are the same with and without the code. Hmmm, maybe there's a bug somewhere?

Where did you get that code?
It was one of the (former) Costco Hyatt pricing codes.

Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:24 pm

You can still search using the Hyatt SET, but on the final step when you click to complete the reservation an error message is generated and the reservation is not booked
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:21 pm

You can still search using the Hyatt SET, but on the final step when you click to complete the reservation an error message is generated and the reservation is not booked
Thanks Aventine for the screenshot. I see what happened now. There is a typo in the code above. I see the costco direct rate tab showing up now.

Peatisback - what is the Hyatt SET search?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:30 pm

I was using 13365

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Thanks Aventine for the screenshot. I see what happened now. There is a typo in the code above. I see the costco direct rate tab showing up now.

Peatisback - what is the Hyatt SET search?

Last edited by Peatisback; Aug 25, 2017 at 6:24 am Reason: Corrected SET
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:43 pm

I was using 13665
I think the code is 13365 per the screenshot above...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.