Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite

Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Still a pretty great promotion right now for bookings with Virtuoso - valid for bookings through December 22nd. Not as good as the $300 per person, but still a nice extra credit per room.

4th night complimentary at Park Hyatt St. Kitts plus an additional $300 per room additional incidental credit in addition to Virtuoso amenities. Valid for any new bookings for travel until 22 December 2018.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Well y'all really got my hopes up now. Explorist with a 5 night stay in a few months. Booked 4 nights standard room via 4th night free+credit+prive and a fifth night full paid standard rate for a Park Executive Suite (want those 2 free massage treatments). Here's hoping they upgrade our earlier nights too! (Even if not to a P.E Suite).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ribold01
Just completed a 4-night Virtuoso stay and loved this property. Think this represents what the PH brand strives to be very well, and I would easily return.

To the extent there there are some negative comments on this thread, we didn’t find anything to be a real issue at all.

We loved the multiple pool experiences here and had no problem getting friendly and swift service. They also proactively brought us water and fruit shooters. And the complimentary sunscreen is a nice touch.

The breakfast buffet is one is one of the best resort buffets I’ve had, and the outdoor seating at the restaurant is stunning. Very strong pastries, smoked fishes, carved meats, fresh juice, plus all the typical other American breakfast items.

The other property reataurants were at or above what I expected as to quality, with the Stone Barn being the highlight (and I didn’t find it appreciably more expensive).

Great workout facility open 24 hours, and there’s a hidden steam room, sauna, outdoor showers, and heated plunge pool in the spa that anyone can use.

Special thanks to Maurine, Julian, and Shermal who went above and beyond to provide exceptional service.
Glad you had a great time, heading there tomorrow. Few questions. Was the hotel at capacity? Could you estimate a percentage of people? What room category did you book and what were you upgraded to? Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
I gotta be honest, the conversation above stopped being appropriate very quickly.
This forum is predominantly about PH St. Kitts. Your dispute is mostly the topic of Hyatt Prive.
Also, my understanding is that contents of P.Ms should not be shared publicly, no matter the reason.
Is there a moderator that can review/intervene here?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:41 pm

I second this. Once this is completely figured out, I will update with a single post. Please remove my posts numbered;
577, 580, 584, 586, 589, 591, 592

I fear that Hyatt corporate reservations is wrong, and in hindsight, do not want to negatively speak about this in public, and potentially hurt Cityguy1's real business, which I am sure is providing great travel services.

I am phoning the hotel very soon, and have chatted further with Cityguy1 via DM. In the end, we will all learn something. Stay tuned sports fans...

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I gotta be honest, the conversation above stopped being appropriate very quickly.
This forum is predominantly about PH St. Kitts. Your dispute is mostly the topic of Hyatt Prive.
Also, my understanding is that contents of P.Ms should not be shared publicly, no matter the reason.
Is there a moderator that can review/intervene here?

Last edited by factory81; Aug 22, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by factory81
I second this. Once this is completely figured out, I will update with a single post. Please remove my posts numbered;
577, 580, 584, 586, 589

I fear that Hyatt corporate reservations is wrong, and in hindsight, do not want to negatively speak about this in public, and potentially hurt Cityguy1's real business, which I am sure is providing great travel services.

I am phoning the hotel very soon, and have chatted further with Cityguy1 via DM. In the end, we will all learn something. Stay tuned sports fans...
I am glad this is resolved and hope that Factory81 will confirm to the forum that everything is in order, and perhaps even offer an apology. Matters are definitely worked out better when between the agent and client rather than all of FT! After providing him with a reconfirmation of all the credits he is owed, the correct rate and his upgrade I feel he is now confident in me, the Prive program and can finally look forward to his stay at this wonderful hotel.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by factory81
577, 580, 584, 586, 589, 591, 592

i just spent the better part of an hour cleaning up this thread (deletion of requested posts, responses to them, and other irrelevant posts). Please refrain from doing this in a REVIEW THREAD in the future as these threads are supposed to review the property itself. Other issues such as this display of reservations on Hyatt.com should be discussed in a separate thread which can be easily blown away in its entirety.

thank you.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:39 pm

How did everyone get from the airport to the hotel? Do you have any recommendations on transport? Does anyone know how much it costs directly with them? Thanks =)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
How did everyone get from the airport to the hotel? Do you have any recommendations on transport? Does anyone know how much it costs directly with them? Thanks =)
I rented a car from Hertz. There didn't seem to be too many people valeting cars at the resort, but I would do it again. I'm not sure how much hotel transportation cost, but a cab would have been $20 from airport to Marriott, $35 from Marriott to PH, and $35 from PH back to the airport, plus anywhere else I wanted to go. I paid $170 for a 5 day rental with Hertz.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by murphyUA
I rented a car from Hertz. There didn't seem to be too many people valeting cars at the resort, but I would do it again. I'm not sure how much hotel transportation cost, but a cab would have been $20 from airport to Marriott, $35 from Marriott to PH, and $35 from PH back to the airport, plus anywhere else I wanted to go. I paid $170 for a 5 day rental with Hertz.
how much was the parking? Do they have self parking?

I think also during the night the fare from the airport is $40
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
how much was the parking? Do they have self parking?

I think also during the night the fare from the airport is $40
It's only valet, and there isn't a charge.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by murphyUA
It's only valet, and there isn't a charge.
Hmmmm so renting a car is a really good idea. Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Hmmmm so renting a car is a really good idea. Thanks!
I probably should also mention for us yanks (and most everyone else, I suppose), that the island is left-hand drive, because that is something I didn't know until I arrived and had about 30 seconds to mentally prepare for.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:57 am

After some confusion created by Hyatt Central Reservations, I can confirm that the Prive program, and services offered by Cityguy1 are top notch. Cityguy1 will ensure you have the best experience possible. Everything that was promised is there, and even more. Cityguy1 was able to secure a better room than what my DSU could confirm.

When booking the Park Hyatt St Kitts, do make sure to see what a Prive agent can offer you, and make sure that you book directly with a Prive agent, and correspond with the Prive agent to manage the reservation. Any questions about the reservation, if you feel the Prive agent is unable to help you, are best directed to the hotel itself.

Thank you once again Cityguy1, and I do apologize for publicly jumping to conclusions about the booking being not correct. This was a result of Hyatt Central Reservations providing inaccurate information, and myself not having patience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.