Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
... booked another inexpensive direct flight from San Juan to St. Kitts on Seaborne Airlines.
Wife & I flew them from SJU to St. Thomas and it was pretty cool. Flew so low to the ground that we could see fish in the water. St. Kitts is a good bit farther but still, that's a nice flight.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Wife & I flew them from SJU to St. Thomas and it was pretty cool. Flew so low to the ground that we could see fish in the water. St. Kitts is a good bit farther but still, that's a nice flight.
just took the seaborne flt. Last week. Only problem for us was the flights arrival and departure times. When we drove in it was dark as it’s a 7:15pm arrival. And we had to depart the hotel at 8:30 am for the 9:55 departure.
Thngs that could be helpful:
1) we took cab from airport fir $35.00 and we asked driver to stop at a grocery store to stock upon water , wine , sunscreen, etc. paid 50.00 US dollars tip included
2) even though your boarding pass may say TSA Pre we were asked to open the bag, and anything besides RX labeled tubes or meds had to fit in one qt size ziplock. Wife had to ditch stuff
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Does the weekly reception still happen? If so, when is it?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ga8riel
Does the weekly reception still happen? If so, when is it?
it did two weeks ago. It is Thursday evening 5-6 pm at Fisherman Warf restaurant
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Just arrived. Stayed at the PH Maldives cat 6, so expectations are high for this cat 7:

-upgrade for being a discoverist! Wasn't expecting that, especially since these were free award nights from promo last year.
-she said they're not full but it looks more crowded than I expected.
-Pool service on island time.
-lots of teenagers
-landscaping will be beautiful once bloomed
-they really need a property map. It's my super scattered, but it would be nice to have one.
-a weekly activity guide was provided, but most are paid.
-a beach bag would be nice. Maldives had one. Helps cause we bring a lot of stuff to pool.
-sad to see trash around the property while walking to pool. Beer bottle and cardboard boxes. Shame on people who couldn't find a trash.
-brought my beer that I got while in basseterre
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
This is just to let you know that the hotel have now amended this promotion. With the 4th night free promotion, they are now offering $300 per ROOM instead of the previous $300 per PERSON offer. Booking through Prive will continue to add daily breakfast for 2, extra $100 (per room) credit, upgrade and more. This is valid for stays before December 22nd 2018. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:18 am

Thanks for the update cityguy. What if you already booked before they changed the promo? Are they still going to honor it? Hope there won't be any issues...
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Thanks for the update cityguy. What if you already booked before they changed the promo? Are they still going to honor it? Hope there won't be any issues...
You should be fine with an existing reservation!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:17 pm

Has anyone been able to confirm the Prive crap? I am calling it crap until I can see multiple real confirmed reports.

I am already working with $300 per person of credits on a $1460/4nt reservation. I absolutely do not believe in the idea of something for nothing, and am unsure of what providing my reservation #, full name, etc will do for me. It seems as easy as that, give a stranger that, and you can get $100 added (total of $700 in credits) for 2 people. But.........really?

I find this all hard to believe. I want to see some flyertalk reports of people blowing $700 at the resort (2 x 300 + 100 prive), and getting that last $100 comp'd.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by factory81
Has anyone been able to confirm the Prive crap? I am calling it crap until I can see multiple real confirmed reports.

I am already working with $300 per person of credits on a $1460/4nt reservation. I absolutely do not believe in the idea of something for nothing, and am unsure of what providing my reservation #, full name, etc will do for me. It seems as easy as that, give a stranger that, and you can get $100 added (total of $700 in credits) for 2 people. But.........really?

I find this all hard to believe. I want to see some flyertalk reports of people blowing $700 at the resort (2 x 300 + 100 prive), and getting that last $100 comp'd.
Question. If you don’t believe in something for nothing, why do you think you will get the $300 pp in credits? Let’s start there and then work towards your actual question.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Well, certainly works like virtuoso, world elite hotels, amex FHR. I have used those and they were never crap.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP

You better believe it! I was there 2 weeks ago, 2 people, reservation made with a Prive authorized agent, complimentary (excellent) breakfast, $300+300+100 credit applied to F&B, which we entirely use. We tried the 3 restaurants, they are very good but expensive, so it was not too hard to get around $700. No problem at all to get the credits, actually they were reminded to us upon check-in. Service was better than expected by reading TripAdvisors reports, just the beach/ocean are so-so for a Caribbean Island, but we had a very pleasant stay
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:37 am

Stayed at PHSKB in early July, enjoyed the hell out of the Prive benefits. Was upgraded from Park King room to a Sea view suite. Received the additional $100 credits as promised. Free breakfast is a huge boon - the breakfast buffet has an amazingly wide variety of foods, and the selection fruits/pastries/juices change every day - the free breakfast also includes one a la carte item, which was excellent as well.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Personally I would do a little due diligence on choosing a Prive agent, and ensuring they are who they say they are, but it certainly is not crap and works as advertised.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:32 pm

Starting to really get excited for our upcoming trip next week. We'll be celebrating my 30th down there, and hopefully the weather holds. I'm crossing my finger I will somehow get upgraded from sea view king to sea view suite king, but obviously not expecting to. Does anyone know if the spa is still offering 30% off treatments? I recall that was being offered but not sure if it still is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.