Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Erasmus
Not that I am aware of, but certainly not needed in July. Water was *delightful*, which is good, because the beach is a disaster. The seaweed issue is really tragic, as it absolutely ruins the beach for anything but walking, and can occasionally put out quite a stench if they haven't yet caught up with the cleaning. Cockleshell beach next door is either naturally more protected or just more aggressively groomed, as we found it tolerable. Neither are what I would call "nice" beaches, though. (Although I'm from San Diego, so YMMV.)
The seaweed issue seems to be on many areas in the Caribbean, I am in South FL and the beaches are awful right now https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...y-to-get-worse
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
My stay is July 30th. Have occupancy levels been high due to the Prive offer?
What are some suggestions of things to do around that we can walk to? Is it worth taking the ferry to the island in front of hotel? I'll be there for two days.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ga8riel
My stay is July 30th. Have occupancy levels been high due to the Prive offer?
What are some suggestions of things to do around that we can walk to? Is it worth taking the ferry to the island in front of hotel? I'll be there for two days.
How are you there for two days? Not using the 4th night free offer?

I wouldn't go to Nevis on a two night stay. It's $60/$120 pp depending on where you want to go. If only there for two days, just stay at the PH and enjoy two days of relaxation.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by murphyUA
How are you there for two days? Not using the 4th night free offer?

I wouldn't go to Nevis on a two night stay. It's $60/$120 pp depending on where you want to go. If only there for two days, just stay at the PH and enjoy two days of relaxation.
correct. Using Hyatt 2 free nights from LY offer. Anything to do around there you recommend?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:54 pm

correct. Using Hyatt 2 free nights from LY offer. Anything to do around there you recommend?
There's the Reggae Bar and Spicemill Bar/Restaurant right around the corner from the resort, in the adjacent bay (Cockleshell). It's popular with cruise ship passengers, so it can get busy at times. Other than that, if you wanted to take a day trip somewhere, Brimstone Hill offers history and views, or there are ATV tours, or (if you're a good hiker) there's the volcano hike.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:05 pm

There's the Reggae Bar and Spicemill Bar/Restaurant right around the corner from the resort, in the adjacent bay (Cockleshell). It's popular with cruise ship passengers, so it can get busy at times. Other than that, if you wanted to take a day trip somewhere, Brimstone Hill offers history and views, or there are ATV tours, or (if you're a good hiker) there's the volcano hike.
thanks. Do people actually use the beach at the resort or is it too full of seaweed and rocks?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond

thanks. Do people actually use the beach at the resort or is it too full of seaweed and rocks?
just leaving, tons of seaweed and too much to even attempt to clean. Same at Marriott in town where I heard they are bussing folks to Reggae Beach where it’s not so bad
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas

just leaving, tons of seaweed and too much to even attempt to clean. Same at Marriott in town where I heard they are bussing folks to Reggae Beach where it’s not so bad
After spending a night at Marriott before 4 at PH, I wouldn't even begin to compare the awfulness of the Marriott beach to the PH. PH's beach was pristine in comparison.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:26 pm

When is the best time to visit St. Kitts? I'm located in NYC and it appears that when the rates are low, the flights are quasi-pricier.

Of course I will try to get the Hyatt Privé rate, however, just wondering if mid-December would be a good time to visit this region.

Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by soojin
When is the best time to visit St. Kitts? I'm located in NYC and it appears that when the rates are low, the flights are quasi-pricier.

Of course I will try to get the Hyatt Privé rate, however, just wondering if mid-December would be a good time to visit this region.

Thank you.
Airfare is always high to ST Kitts.
From what I’ve seen the nonstop from NYC is $600 and up. American flies year round but they do not have non stops during hurricane season. December should be good as hurricane season is over. Temperature is same year round.

Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:23 pm

Best way to get there is via points. BA charges 10k OW if there's AAsaver from MIA nonstop. Same flight can cost $600
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
After spending a night at Marriott before 4 at PH, I wouldn't even begin to compare the awfulness of the Marriott beach to the PH. PH's beach was pristine in comparison.
I agree. There is no comparison to the beach or property. Hyatt wins on all counts. My point was that the Park Hyatt beaches were inundated with sea weed. Much more than a morning raking could handle. Not sure if this is seasonal or a one off Algae bloom going on. The Marriott beaches were in similar condition.
Im not much of a beach goer so my trip was not diminished by this , but others may be.We received exactly what we expected- beautiful suite with a pool and 5 star view, great spa, very decent restaurants,and excellent service.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Just got back a couple of weeks ago. Resort was at 40% but felt pretty dead. They mentioned the following week had a huge wedding party coming in and would be close to 100%.

It's low season right now in St Kitts so unless there's an outlier of an event, I'd be willing to bet it won't be too crowded.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
I also stayed at the Marriott before the PH, and agree with the previous posters that the Marriott, in comparison, is a dump. But, frankly, that's more a reflection of the fact that the Marriott is, indeed, a dump: the beach is a disaster due to the seaweed (and the earthmoving equipment that was there during my stay), the rooms are time-share quality (keep in mind the property is split between the hotel and Marriott Vacations), and the restaurant was, well, consistent with the rooms. So I wouldn't use the dismal state of the Marriott (whose beach is directly east facing, as opposed to the PH which is southerly) to prop up the (IMHO) quite poor PH beach.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Our wedding anniversary got hijacked last year (had planned a trip to Puerto Rico a week after the hurricane) so this year we are booked for five nights at the Park Hyatt St. Kitts. Definitely looking forward to giving this place a try. We actually booked relatively inexpensive roundtrip flights to Puerto Rico and then booked another inexpensive direct flight from San Juan to St. Kitts on Seaborne Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.