Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:23 pm

Got back a few weeks ago...

Bill has a separate line for Gratuity...Tax, Service Charge (10%) then Gratuity. Are you a Globalist? Up to Service Charge is waived but you will be billed for Gratuity at checkout. During checkout the agent said it is totally fine not to add any additional gratuity since there's a Service Charge but that's easier said than done.

For me I just added 10% to the bill. (Service charge is shared with others while gratuity goes to the server - not 100% sure).

What was surprising was credit can be used for anything charged to your room...which includes the room rate. (in theory, if your room is $1500 and don't charge anything to your room, you will pay $900 at check out)

Portions were more generous than I thought. It depends on the menu item...some appetizers were really a few pieces (House Cured Angus Beef - WOW...3 pieces of thinly sliced beef that a 3 year old could eat it once - $20 before tax and service charge) but King Prawn Cocktail for $22 had good size and taste.

Expect around $170~$200 (if you don't drink - includes additional tip) for 2 adults and 1 child. Kids menu are same across the Fisherman and Great House...but pretty good value if you pick the right one and add some seafood to it. Around $16~$20 for kids meal.

If Globalist, credit can go a long way...but if you have to pay for Breakfast...it will run out pretty soon.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Reservations?!

Did anyone have any issues getting same day reservations at any of the restaurants? Any thoughts on booking restaurants or activities in advance?

Thx
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:27 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I am brand new to Hyatt, having only stayed once in the past.I am now a Globalist , but am not sure how a few things work. I have a booking at the PH with a friend, under his name that is booked through Prive. To get the Globalist benefits, can my name just me added as an extra guest to the reservation, or does the reservation need to be in my name. Also, if we get free breakfast through Prive/Virtuoso/Amex FHR, can we take the Globalist breakfast and use the Prive/Virtuoso/Amex FHR credit towards lunch/dinner/drinks at the pool? Or is the breakfast credit limited to breakfast? Thanks!!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I am brand new to Hyatt, having only stayed once in the past.I am now a Globalist , but am not sure how a few things work. I have a booking at the PH with a friend, under his name that is booked through Prive. To get the Globalist benefits, can my name just me added as an extra guest to the reservation, or does the reservation need to be in my name. Also, if we get free breakfast through Prive/Virtuoso/Amex FHR, can we take the Globalist breakfast and use the Prive/Virtuoso/Amex FHR credit towards lunch/dinner/drinks at the pool? Or is the breakfast credit limited to breakfast? Thanks!!
how are you globalist with one stay?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by bknets88

Conf room bookings, perhaps.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:05 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by bknets88

My dad's company books a lot of Hyatt hotels and he gave me globalist. Any idea if my benefits roll over if I check in with him? or do I gave to put the stay in my name?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by nowstime
Got back a few weeks ago...

Bill has a separate line for Gratuity...Tax, Service Charge (10%) then Gratuity. Are you a Globalist? Up to Service Charge is waived but you will be billed for Gratuity at checkout. During checkout the agent said it is totally fine not to add any additional gratuity since there's a Service Charge but that's easier said than done.

For me I just added 10% to the bill. (Service charge is shared with others while gratuity goes to the server - not 100% sure).

What was surprising was credit can be used for anything charged to your room...which includes the room rate. (in theory, if your room is $1500 and don't charge anything to your room, you will pay $900 at check out)

Portions were more generous than I thought. It depends on the menu item...some appetizers were really a few pieces (House Cured Angus Beef - WOW...3 pieces of thinly sliced beef that a 3 year old could eat it once - $20 before tax and service charge) but King Prawn Cocktail for $22 had good size and taste.

Expect around $170~$200 (if you don't drink - includes additional tip) for 2 adults and 1 child. Kids menu are same across the Fisherman and Great House...but pretty good value if you pick the right one and add some seafood to it. Around $16~$20 for kids meal.

If Globalist, credit can go a long way...but if you have to pay for Breakfast...it will run out pretty soon.
Great info! For Breakfast, I assume you had two for free from Globalist. Was there a child price for the buffet? Wondering if 5 year old will need to pay full price. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Anyone arriving into SKB the afternoon of July 4th and want to split a taxi?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:34 pm

I'm not going make any Hyatt status based on 2018 stays, but am hoping to load up on stays in 2019. Is the special deal at PH SK available for 2019 stays, or just through the end of this year?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I'm not going make any Hyatt status based on 2018 stays, but am hoping to load up on stays in 2019. Is the special deal at PH SK available for 2019 stays, or just through the end of this year?
If you have citi prestige, they give you an additional 25% off the average stay (in this case 3 night since 4th is free) PLUS they're prive agents now too so you get an extra $100, room upgrade,etc.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Just an update that the PH St. Kitts 4th Night Free + $300 per person credit is still available through Privé (including all the Privé benefits) and can be booked until 12/22/18.

Last edited by KristenNix; Jul 2, 2018 at 11:07 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by KristenNix
If you book through the Privé program, the $300 credit is for all guests age 3 and over. I have confirmed this with the PH St. Kitts sales director. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
You will definitely get $300 credit per person over 3 years old. The room rate will adjust accordingly based on the number of occupants in the room, but the credit will be significantly higher! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Is the $300 credit for age 3 and over or age 4 and over? Ford at One Mile At A Time says it's 4 and older and he's a Hyatt Prive agent too
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by booyaa
Is the $300 credit for age 3 and over or age 4 and over? Ford at One Mile At A Time says it's 4 and older and he's a Hyatt Prive agent too
It is definitely 3 and over. PM me and I will provide confirmation to you directly from the hotel so you definitely get all of the credits you deserve!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Just found this for suite stays $1000 per person airfare credit stays thru 12-22

Details
Up to $1000 USD credit per person for up to 2 people based on airfare: Tax Excluded VALID: 17MAY18 - 22DEC18 -7 night minimum length of stay required -Valid in suites only -1 night deposit required at time of booking -Must cancel 14 days prior to arrival -A credit of up to $1000 USD per person based on airfare for up to two people for a minimum 7 night stay. Proof of air fare purchase must be presented at check-in to obtain credit. The credit to be deducted from final guest bill.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Suggestions on best way to reach the resort from the airport (SKB)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.