Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:29 pm

Im here now. No buffet, and unfortunately they entered a 24 hour lockdown on st kitts Sunday, so food delivery is suspended (and ramstogo) until Thursday. That is going on periodically for the next few weeks. As a globalist we will see what shows up from breakfast on the final folio. I used a suite upgrade on a health rate for 7 nights. Definitely do the oceanview suites over the beachfront suites as the rooms are the same and the view is much better and more private from the second floor vs first. The third floor are the plunge pool suites generally.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: hyatt
Originally Posted by rabbmd
Im here now. No buffet, and unfortunately they entered a 24 hour lockdown on st kitts Sunday, so food delivery is suspended (and ramstogo) until Thursday. That is going on periodically for the next few weeks. As a globalist we will see what shows up from breakfast on the final folio. I used a suite upgrade on a health rate for 7 nights. Definitely do the oceanview suites over the beachfront suites as the rooms are the same and the view is much better and more private from the second floor vs first. The third floor are the plunge pool suites generally.
do you have a sense of the difference between beachfront room and beachfront suite? The room descriptions on the website are pretty similar, and minimum square foot difference. I'm wondering if the suite updgrade is worth it - you must think so? I'm thinking of booking here, so thanks for the tip on the oceanview. Lastly, I'm curious too how the globalist works with the a la carte breakfast. I'm guessing it's not unlimited.... the only time we were there, it was buffet.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
I think the pandemic has taken a toll on this property. I wouldn’t visit again.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by cdmca
I think the pandemic has taken a toll on this property. I wouldn’t visit again.
Can you at elaborate a bit on this? Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by macguitar
Can you at elaborate a bit on this? Thanks.
Had a recent stay. While it’s still a beautiful place they’re operating with low staff (who have to live on property due to local lockdowns the past few weeks), little available maintenance and low occupancy. We visited in summer 2019 and the place now looks very tired. Soft furnishings are largely very dirty and stained in the restaurants (unclear why they don’t wash them!), tables are sticky and unclean, suite plunge pools are filthy (think scum formed on top, grime around the water line, brown thick dirt where people have rested on tiles at the end of the infinity pool). Overall wear and tear has the place looking messy - plunge pools have lots of missing tiles, at least ours did, decks have wood that is warped so lots of splinters, raised nails and in need of revarnishing. One of the penthouse suites is out of commission due to AC issues tho still being sold online. Hot water was unreliable the first few days which was apparently across the resort. To be pendantic, the water feature in the entrance is dirty, lots of pond scum and weed so lost the allure. Beach umbrellas are torn, etc.

Food was decent at the great house but fisherman’s village seems to be frozen (and for a while at that) seafood now. Consistency of octopus and shrimp was very soft and not what should be expected.

Some nice touches with movie night and the kids camp is brilliantly run for what they are allowed to do given lockdown rules. Some of the same staff as a couple of years ago which is nice and generally they’re really friendly, address you by name and which can give a good atmosphere tho dining can still be a drawn out affair with slow service.

final bill was 100% right with globalist breakfast captured and a charge taken off on day of arrival given the room wasn’t ready (seemingly for anyone who arrived on our flight) til going up to 6.

I wouldn’t return again unless it improves and it was a little disappointing given they’re quite off the mark from 2019.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
Had a recent stay. While it’s still a beautiful place they’re operating with low staff (who have to live on property due to local lockdowns the past few weeks), little available maintenance and low occupancy. We visited in summer 2019 and the place now looks very tired. Soft furnishings are largely very dirty and stained in the restaurants (unclear why they don’t wash them!), tables are sticky and unclean, suite plunge pools are filthy (think scum formed on top, grime around the water line, brown thick dirt where people have rested on tiles at the end of the infinity pool). Overall wear and tear has the place looking messy - plunge pools have lots of missing tiles, at least ours did, decks have wood that is warped so lots of splinters, raised nails and in need of revarnishing. One of the penthouse suites is out of commission due to AC issues tho still being sold online. Hot water was unreliable the first few days which was apparently across the resort. To be pendantic, the water feature in the entrance is dirty, lots of pond scum and weed so lost the allure. Beach umbrellas are torn, etc.

Food was decent at the great house but fisherman’s village seems to be frozen (and for a while at that) seafood now. Consistency of octopus and shrimp was very soft and not what should be expected.

Some nice touches with movie night and the kids camp is brilliantly run for what they are allowed to do given lockdown rules. Some of the same staff as a couple of years ago which is nice and generally they’re really friendly, address you by name and which can give a good atmosphere tho dining can still be a drawn out affair with slow service.

final bill was 100% right with globalist breakfast captured and a charge taken off on day of arrival given the room wasn’t ready (seemingly for anyone who arrived on our flight) til going up to 6.

I wouldn’t return again unless it improves and it was a little disappointing given they’re quite off the mark from 2019.
Thanks for your very detailed and informative reply. Sounds very disappointing, indeed.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:24 am

Well this seems like a bad sign...

Just booked the PH St. Kitts for December. Called to apply Globalist Suite upgrade. Agent puts me on hold for about 20 minutes, and comes back saying 'well, we can't seem to get in touch with the hotel so we've sent them an email to confirm and will call you back once we hear from them!'.

Hopefully just an issue w/ the phone lines or something, but was a bit odd that they couldn't get through to the hotel.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by dave_261
Well this seems like a bad sign...

Just booked the PH St. Kitts for December. Called to apply Globalist Suite upgrade. Agent puts me on hold for about 20 minutes, and comes back saying 'well, we can't seem to get in touch with the hotel so we've sent them an email to confirm and will call you back once we hear from them!'.

Hopefully just an issue w/ the phone lines or something, but was a bit odd that they couldn't get through to the hotel.
Keep us updated, but I think it's not an issue. When I was there, the front desk was only open for certain hours each day. The front desk definitely isn't a 24 hour operation over there. We went at noon one day and it was closed.

Also, I once tried to apply a suite upgrade on a friday night, but my concierge couldn't confirm it until Monday when the hotel got back to her.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Keep us updated, but I think it's not an issue. When I was there, the front desk was only open for certain hours each day. The front desk definitely isn't a 24 hour operation over there. We went at noon one day and it was closed.

Also, I once tried to apply a suite upgrade on a friday night, but my concierge couldn't confirm it until Monday when the hotel got back to her.
Took 2 days and a tweet to HyattConcierge, but got the confirmation. Was hoping for a 2nd floor oceanfront suite, but got beachside (looks like 1 of our 5 days there has no oceanfront availability).
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:04 am

Anyone stay here recently or visit St Kitts? Just booked this property for January 2021. How are things at the property these days? Does anyone think the covid protocols for visiting/touring the island will be loosened up over the next few months?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Park Hyatt St. Kitts is offering a 5th night free combinable with Hyatt Prive. In addition to the normal Prive perks, it includes 3 resort experiences can be chosen from the following: Masters of Mixology Class, From the Cellar Wine Tasting at The Great House, Cigar and Chill experience with pairings of cigars, cognacs and bourbons, Brewed Awakening barista class, and Guided Kayak and Snorkel Excursions from our beach.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:28 pm

anyone go recently?

we are going first week of december and have to be tested twice - 2 adults, 2 kids -- 600 usd each time!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Pre-Covid the rates were between 22 and 44$ per hour depending on # of children. I haven't seen this type of increase at other resorts but I assume employees who provided the service in the past refused unless their pay was dramatically increased
they are still at 80/hr for a baby sitter with a 2 hour minimum
Old Oct 22, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
anyone go recently?

we are going first week of december and have to be tested twice - 2 adults, 2 kids -- 600 usd each time!
We're going 2nd week of Dec. 2 of us... so 4 tests = 600 bucks!

When we stated in St. Lucia in April the resort covered the cost of the departure tests. $150/test is pretty outrageous but I guess we're a captive audience there.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
I only see the test requirement at departure… Are two tests required by the hotel or do you mean the standard PCR test 72h before arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.