Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 11, 19, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post
Family of 5 considering this property for spring break. I know it's peak season but what is the best bang for buck for a 4N stay? I am ok paying cash (plus hyatt points, ideally) for an entry level suite as long as resort credits, breakfasts, 4N free and other ancillary benefits are there. What is the best recommendation as to how to book? Cannot book a suite online with C&P - cash only. Is it because it's peak season? Feedback welcome.
Other than the Presidential Villa, I'm not sure any of the suites can accommodate a family of 5. I believe they all have King beds. The sofa in our Nevis Peak Suite was not a sofa bed, and 3 roll-aways would be a challenge in that space.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by DealDetective View Post
Other than the Presidential Villa, I'm not sure any of the suites can accommodate a family of 5. I believe they all have King beds. The sofa in our Nevis Peak Suite was not a sofa bed, and 3 roll-aways would be a challenge in that space.
Hmm, even the exec suite? I guess sofa beds aren't a thing with these suites!
Old Nov 28, 19, 4:27 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire
Considering this property for a vacation in Feb, hold Globalist status.

To which category room type do TSUís clear into?

Also what is the easiest way to get here from the West coast (Bay Area)
Old Nov 28, 19, 5:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal View Post
Also what is the easiest way to get here from the West coast (Bay Area)
Depends on what airline youíre flying from SFO (?). United will route you from Bush Houston, Delta will take you there from Atlanta, and America will likely route you through Miami. Plan on a full day of travel to get there, and if you fly American like we do when we go to the Caribbean (Antigua), a night front/back at the Miami airport.
Old Nov 28, 19, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
No UA from IAH

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle View Post
Depends on what airline youíre flying from SFO (?). United will route you from Bush Houston, Delta will take you there from Atlanta, and America will likely route you through Miami. Plan on a full day of travel to get there, and if you fly American like we do when we go to the Caribbean (Antigua), a night front/back at the Miami airport.
United only flies from EWR on Saturday and Wednesday. There are no flights to SKB from IAH. Best bet is via MIA or ATL. Alternatively, connect via SJU or SXM on Seabourne/Silver codeshare or LIAT.
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:26 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by navatwal View Post
Considering this property for a vacation in Feb, hold Globalist status.

To which category room type do TSU’s clear into?

.................)
Typically you get the Park Suite King. when I was there this past February, they confirmed the Sea View Suite. February was pretty low season, so you might have chances. The only difference is that the Sea View Suite is on the upper floors.

At the end though, I ended up paying 9k points for a premium suite, and got the Park Executive Suite, which was fantastic.

Mind though, that the pools are not heated, it was just a tad too cool for us. we only enter water when it is at least 78įF. They were mentioning working on a project to heat the pools with sun energy, unsure how fare that is... but the Suite was definitely worth the 9k.
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
Hello Friends - Mrs., I, and our 6 month old are planning on taking a trip to the PH in early December. We can either do 4 or 5 nights. I wanted to check -

1. From capacity perspective, how full it will be?
2. Any issues (at the property or around) we need to be aware of?
3. I am planning to book via Amex FHR based on the benefits it comes with. Primarily for the breakfast benefit. How is the breakfast?
4. Mrs. and I are vegetarian. Does the property have good vegetarian options? Ho much should we plan on budgeting for daily dinner/room service?
5. Should we book a rental or use tax service. I am fine either way.
6. I see two types of room that interests me - beachside and sea view. What is difference? Which one is better?

This will be our first trip with the infant, so kind of excited and a bit nervous. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by tintin_007 View Post
Hello Friends - Mrs., I, and our 6 month old are planning on taking a trip to the PH in early December. We can either do 4 or 5 nights. I wanted to check -

1. From capacity perspective, how full it will be?

Last year in early December, it was fairly empty. We're booked again this year early to mid December, and based on the rates, I'm guessing it's not going to be very crowded again.

2. Any issues (at the property or around) we need to be aware of?

We absolutely loved the property last year which is why we're returning again -- favorite Hyatt resort property we've been to over any Hyatt in Hawaii, Costa Rica, Jamaica, California, etc. Only issue we had is we didn't want to leave.

3. I am planning to book via Amex FHR based on the benefits it comes with. Primarily for the breakfast benefit. How is the breakfast?

You may want to look at Prive rates as well -- not sure if it's still going on, but I booked a Prive rate with every 4th night free plus $300 resort credit for every 4 nights, plus $100 resort credit per stay, plus free breakfast.

Breakfast buffet was fantastic, but I did see a post above that they now don't have breakfast buffet always during low occupancy times now. Breakfast buffet had great pastries, fruit, fresh fruit juices, etc.

4. Mrs. and I are vegetarian. Does the property have good vegetarian options? Ho much should we plan on budgeting for daily dinner/room service?

The menus were fairly meat centric, but I believe each restaurant had at least one vegan dish, plus salads, veggie sides, etc. For two of us, we averaged between $160 to $200 per night for dinner including 2 entrees, 2 salads, 2 non-alcoholic drinks, and usually a dessert or two (including tax and tip). If you split an entree, skip dessert, you're probably closer to $100 to $125 for two people.

5. Should we book a rental or use tax service. I am fine either way.

Personally we did a taxi last year, and are planning on doing that again.

6. I see two types of room that interests me - beachside and sea view. What is difference? Which one is better?

Can't help with this one -- we loved our Sea View Suite (using a Globalist suite upgrade) which is what we're booked in again. We did see the Park Executive Suites which are even better since they are on the top floor and have a plunge pool. But can't speak to the beachside or non-suite rooms.

This will be our first trip with the infant, so kind of excited and a bit nervous. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by e53nyc View Post
......Alternatively, connect via SJU or SXM on Seabourne/Silver codeshare or LIAT.
Avoid Seabourne at all costs. They cancel flights if there are not enough passengers. We lost one full day of vacation, and one paid PHSK night, due to last minute cancellation. BB customer service ignored all requests for compensation. The same flight next day, which included all rebooked passengers from my flight, was only half full.
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle View Post
Depends on what airline you’re flying from SFO (?). United will route you from Bush Houston, Delta will take you there from Atlanta, and America will likely route you through Miami. Plan on a full day of travel to get there, and if you fly American like we do when we go to the Caribbean (Antigua), a night front/back at the Miami airport.
American also has flights from CLT seasonally on certain days of the week, and there was talk they would add DFW but I don't think they ever did.

If you wanted to add in a few days in Antigua on the way (or way back), Antigua adds more flight options and a bigger airport. Plus certain days of the week British Airways has a 30 minute flight between St Kitts and Antigua on a 777 if you really want to go in style! I believe BA operates this flight LGW - ANU - SKB - ANU - LGW, with quick stops at ANU each direction, and i think this is just on Tuesdays and Saturdays if I recall. The 777 makes for quite the sight in SKB!

Old Dec 2, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
Thank you oc2005! Appreciate your help.
Old Dec 16, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Looking at Christmas/NYE for 2020 and don't see any rates loaded into the system, even for longer stays (to avoid minimum stay requirements). Any ideas as to when these are loaded in for this specific property?
Old Jan 6, 20, 7:57 pm

Does this hotel use Le Labo Santal 33 as it bath products?
Old Jan 6, 20, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
Does this hotel use Le Labo Santal 33 as it bath products?
That's correct.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post
Looking at Christmas/NYE for 2020 and don't see any rates loaded into the system, even for longer stays (to avoid minimum stay requirements). Any ideas as to when these are loaded in for this specific property?
Update to all - rates have been loaded for Xmas/NYE and are available on points (cash rates are ~$1,300++).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: