Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:17 am

So I take it Globalists cannot take breakfast as room service here?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
So I take it Globalists cannot take breakfast as room service here?
that is correct
Old May 1, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Booking advice

For an upcoming 4 night stay i have the following options

1. 4=3 special rate incl 600$ resort credit, cheapest room 1200$ ++, no real status benefits as discoverist.
2. 4 nights standard rate 1600$++ +24.000Hyatt points to upgrade to sea view suite.
3. Booked as a guest of honour/globalist, which would cost me about 2000$ (actual 40% bonus sale......), incl. breakfast, possibility of a complimentary upgrade.

Any advice or recommendations?
Old May 1, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mb123

1. 4=3 special rate incl 600$ resort credit, cheapest room 1200$ ++, no real status benefits as discoverist.
2. 4 nights standard rate 1600$++ +24.000Hyatt points to upgrade to sea view suite.
3. Booked as a guest of honour/globalist, which would cost me about 2000$ (actual 40% bonus sale......), incl. breakfast, possibility of a complimentary upgrade.

For #1 /#2: Get the Citi Prestige card. Yes, it's a $450 AF, but it will get your fourth night free. And if you do any more four night stays throughout the year, you'll come out WAY ahead.

#4 : Look into Amex FHR. Should be a similar nightly rate, it comes with free breakfast for two and a $100 resort credit, and an upgrade if available. My guess is that

I guess it really depends on how important the suite upgrade is to you. Personally, I'd probably do #1 (and book it through Citi Prestige to get $300 back, plus still getting Hyatt night credit). Keep in mind food is pretty expensive, so you're going to blow through the $600 in credit pretty quickly.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Thank you, but as I live in Europe I have no chance to get an US creditcard...
Old May 2, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by jameswes

#4 : Look into Amex FHR. Should be a similar nightly rate, it comes with free breakfast for two and a $100 resort credit, and an upgrade if available.

Does Amex FHR directly book with Hyatt, that I will get Hyatt Points ?
4=3 Offer on Hyatt website comes with 300$ Resort Credit per person, FHR with a total credit of 300$. Shouldn´t it be the same conditions?
Old May 2, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Yes, you get Hyatt points for FHR bookings.

The FHR 4th night free offer is not the same as the 4th night free offered by the property. For example, FHR includes free breakfast.

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Does Amex FHR directly book with Hyatt, that I will get Hyatt Points ?
4=3 Offer on Hyatt website comes with 300$ Resort Credit per person, FHR with a total credit of 300$. Shouldn´t it be the same conditions?
Old May 2, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by mb123

Hyatt Privé is also an option. Privé has the same promotion available in your Option #1 (4th Night Free with $300 per person resort credit). Additionally, when you book Privé you will also receive these benefits:

- $100 Food and Beverage credit, per stay
- Room Upgrade, response within 24 hours of request, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast for two at hotel restaurant
- Welcome amenity
- Guest welcome letter
- Early Check-In/Late Check-Out, response within 24 hours of request, subject to availability
- Connecting Rooms,.response within 24 hours of request, subject to availability
- Free Wifi

Any Privé advisor can check rates and availability for your dates. I hope this helps.

Last edited by KristenNix; May 2, 2018 at 8:14 am
Old May 2, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by KristenNix
Hyatt Privé is also an option. Privé has the same promotion available in your Option #1 (4th Night Free with $300 per person resort credit). Additionally, when you book Privé you will also receive these benefits:

- Welcome amenity
- Guest welcome letter
- Early Check-In/Late Check-Out, response within 24 hours of request, subject to availability
- Connecting Rooms,.response within 24 hours of request, subject to availability
- Free Wifi

Any Privé advisor can check rates and availability for your dates. I hope this helps.
are prive rates the same or higher?
Old May 2, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
are prive rates the same or higher?
Privé rates typically match the Standard Rates. I'd be happy to check dates/rates at any time.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:39 pm

Have any Explorists stayed at this property? Wondering about upgrade success and any other benefits (is there "continental" breakfast versus the full breakfast that Globalists receive?) Thanks!
Old May 6, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Privé rates typically match the Standard Rates. I'd be happy to check dates/rates at any time.
Hey I sent you a PM to compare the rates !
KristenNix likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:44 pm

- Welcome amenity
- Guest welcome letter
- Free Wifi

How does the room upgrade works? I booked park king and all rooms are available for my dates but I dont see any upgrade on my reservation.

TIA.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
How does the room upgrade works? I booked park king and all rooms are available for my dates but I dont see any upgrade on my reservation.

TIA.
I just sent you an email to let you know that your room upgrade was confirmed. You are all set :-)

Last edited by KristenNix; May 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Old May 12, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
How are the beaches here? Can you snorkel in this area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.