Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orca1114
https://youtu.be/GQbmLWnlxDE
https://youtu.be/GQbmLWnlxDE

Here's a link to a video from a couple weeks back. Still a lot of work to do, but coming along nicely.
Based on this video, they are making really fine progress. I think I'm going to reserve a room for November and then repost after the hotel announces they are delaying the opening and express my outrage. I'm sure I'll get at least 25K points for my troubles, maybe more, depending on the outrage that I express. What I've caught on from these threads is to book the opening of these properties and then cash in when they can't meet their opening date. Way better return than the feeble BRG crowd.

The coup de grace will be the cash and points they shower upon me when they can't meet their PR opening date. This is gonna be great!!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Based on this video, they are making really fine progress. I think I'm going to reserve a room for November and then repost after the hotel announces they are delaying the opening and express my outrage. I'm sure I'll get at least 25K points for my troubles, maybe more, depending on the outrage that I express. What I've caught on from these threads is to book the opening of these properties and then cash in when they can't meet their opening date. Way better return than the feeble BRG crowd.

The coup de grace will be the cash and points they shower upon me when they can't meet their PR opening date. This is gonna be great!!
Some of us who've had reservations cancelled well within the date parameters the hotel was expected to be open resent your comments.

While I'm sure there is a cohort of "gamers" that affirm your hypothesis, I do not believe that to be the majority by any means.

While I have been offered some free nights when the property finally opens, I've declined offers to stay at the 4S (we don't want to stay there, as I've been there before and been unimpressed) for free, and there have been no offers for free points for our trouble--nor do I expect them. We have had two vacations postponed due to the delays at this property. Airfare change fees plus free nights when it opens is not unreasonable, and that is what we've been provided.

We look forward to staying at the property when it actually opens. For now, I've made reservation #3 for June 2018.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:41 pm

Them meeting their commitment is important to me. I have to fly my mother in law in to watch my kids and I can't just reschedule vacations as easy as others. Between kids activiies, Euro schedule and finding child care it's just not easy. When they missed their June opening date I had redo everything.

I guess you have lots more freedom which is fine but please understand we don't all have the same situation.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's good to see that you are still investing in your image as being an *ss.
Off course it's perfectly fine for a new property to accept reservations so they can gamble on making money as soon as they might open, it's just their customers that are being inconvenienced. So what right?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:33 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

WOW - how can you live with such a conscience (or is it totally missing?)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:50 am

I suppose it's perfectly acceptable in his world to continually miss a promised opening date.

The people that made and have to alter plans vacation are at fault. How dare they rely on a corporation to say when they'll be open and accept business??? The nerve!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmglobal
I suppose it's perfectly acceptable in his world to continually miss a promised opening date.

The people that made and have to alter plans vacation are at fault. How dare they rely on a corporation to say when they'll be open and accept business??? The nerve!
Its not a bad strategy if you have a flexible travel schedule. From what I can tell, the big Hyatt properties that I've followed have all missed their opening dates. It seems to me there is a higher probability that the opening date is missed.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:10 pm

Its not a bad strategy if you have a flexible travel schedule. From what I can tell, the big Hyatt properties that I've followed have all missed their opening dates. It seems to me there is a higher probability that the opening date is missed.
Having been involved in construction projects both large and small, I'd try to avoid making any promises. Too many things to go wrong.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It has little to do with that... opening dates are announced pretty late in the process when all the major works are normally already completed. When you open reservations for a date you should simply be ready, but most properties tend to be overly optimistic since they want the money to come in sooner rather than later.

Then you should provide decent alternatives when you inconvenience your guests...

For properties like this one where people tend to book way in advance setting a date for accepting reservations can be a bit difficult, but there hardly an excuse for missing the date time and time again.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Yesterday we happened to be on the plane next to a guy wearing a Park Hyatt St Kitts polo shirt, so we asked about the opening. He said that the latest plan is to have guests arrive from mid October, and a grand opening on the 17th of November.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Yesterday we happened to be on the plane next to a guy wearing a Park Hyatt St Kitts polo shirt, so we asked about the opening. He said that the latest plan is to have guests arrive from mid October, and a grand opening on the 17th of November.
Thanks. That aligns with what i heard from the GM.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nicely done that they accommodated guests at Four Seasons !

curious how they handled higher level paid bookings at PH
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Apparently now taking reservations starting December 16. Standard rates start @ 750$

http://www.caribjournal.com/2017/07/...ing-bookings/#
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:51 am

Wonder what that means for my upcoming Nov 1 stay. sure hope it doesnt mean that it will be a "soft" opening with many facilities not being available.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Finally got my call today for a stay in early October. I sure am glad I was able to get smart ahead of time from this thread so I was not disappointed or surprised when they said it was Hyatt calling. Same offer for my points stay as others had reported. We will probably choose the points refund (210k), free stay, free transfer and free breakfast option at the FS. Actually I am not sure how anyone could pass up that offer. Definitely disappointed not to be able to stay at this property but this seems like fair compensation. Our friends are going the same week and have a cash component to their stay so I will report back how they handled that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.