Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best room/floor request at Park Vendome...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best room and foor request at the Park Vendome...I understand the back side can be noisy in the morning...do diamonds still get comp. breakfast?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Yes, Diamonds do get a wonderful comp'd breakfast buffet! It truly is top-notch.

As for best room, I was upgraded to a jr. suite (room #637) with a king bed last time I was there. it was quite comfortable with a (tiny... very tiny) balcony/ledge overlooking the street below and Place Vendome. The room was L-shaped and had great lounging areas under the slope of the roof.

It was quiet, distant from the elevators, and a good view. Couldn't ask for more!

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Dec 15, 2003, 5:56 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnnyP:
Yes, Diamonds do get a wonderful comp'd breakfast buffet! It truly is top-notch.

</font>
Are they now giving Diamonds the full buffet?? When I was there in Sept it was only the continental breakfast that was complimentry.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks Johnny P....the breakfast buffet would be great...did you ask at check in or did they offer the daily buffet instead of the continental breakfast? at 32 euros, you don't want to take it for granted..

[This message has been edited by beach4444 (edited Dec 16, 2003).]
Old Dec 15, 2003, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Sorry for the misunderstanding... There was a buffet laid out which included both the "full" breakfast and the "continental." Not sure about how they kept track of which guests ate from which part of the buffet. I just helped myself to the "continental" part -- which was more than delicious and satisfying.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
When I was there, the "continental" breakfast was the buffet. Are you sure the hotel distinguishes between the two?
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beachfan:
When I was there, the "continental" breakfast was the buffet. Are you sure the hotel distinguishes between the two? </font>
For the most part the buffet was the 'continental' version. For the full version, you also get eggs cooked-to-order. I never touch the one meat dish (or the one seafood/salmon dish, can't recall if that's available) from the buffet table but always help myself to everything else, and I was never charged anything as a Diamond.

Also, according to the menu, yogurt is not part of the 'continental' buffet, but I've often helped myself to it without incurring additional charges.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 11:53 am
Original Poster

This buffet should hold you through lunch.....maybe not...thanks for the help, can hardly wait til March...
Old Dec 18, 2003, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
I selected from the entire buffet and 1 day I ordered off the menu (got tired of the buffet after a few days). As a Diamond, no charge for either (but stay below 32 Euro, which should be easy).

Enjoyed the Salmon, yogurt and the pastries. The service is hit or miss.

------------------
Gumbo Cook
Old Dec 18, 2003, 2:36 pm

So... going back to topic... best room/floor???
Old Mar 23, 2004, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks JohnnyP...I'll request that room...or maybe right under on the 4th floor to avoid the sloping roof..
Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:33 am

Has anyone managed to redeem free nights at this hotel?
Old Mar 25, 2004, 8:52 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Yes, I have twice, and many other FTers have, as well. There have been several posts about FFN stays there; you might want to do a search when you have a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.