Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo running near flawless 3/12/04

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

Checked into the Hotel using FFNs. E-mailed the Hotel contact before arriving. All requests fulfilled. No upgrade to any type of suite of course. Hotel is at 100% occupancy. Given even numbered facing away from very large Mori building. I asked for a higher floor because of reasons noted before. FYI. In the afternoon these rooms will get very warm with the sun. It is recommeded to turn the a/c up a little and leave a key in the slot.

Our room upon arrival had a welcome back card with a box of chocolate. There was also a power transformer in the room for the computer. This was not needed since the desk has power equivalent fine for US computers such as mine.

As Diamond given access to Grand Club Lounge on 10th. Went down for a few minutes and same as before. Two bottles of water in room. Free internet access. DVD movie list updated regularly. US DVDs will not work in the machine. In room safe has two prong power. Desk contains adaptor, internet cable and short exetension cord. The Hotel has refined its skills from my last visit. So therefore running near flawless. Congrats to the GHT.

BTW. The airport limousine bus took nearly 2 1/2 hours. A Friday evening, going thru Roppongi and White Day weekend (guys give ladys something). Valentine's Day (ladys give guys something). And you thought US card companies were smart. Rate is 3,000 yen each way. Return ticket can be charged to your Hotel room. Ticket obtained from bell desk on your departure. FYI. The first stop if the ANA Hotel (I think ANA owns the bus line) and the last stop is you got it- Grand Hyatt Tokyo. So next time my crazy plan may be to get off at the first stop and cab over to the GHT. Somehow I tink I loose some yen efficieny there. Yesterday between the ANA Hotel and the GHT a stop was made at the New Otani. Could you imagine if the bus made every stop in between. I could have gone nuts. Enjoy and regards.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 11:50 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Another great GHT stay. I might add that the one time I used the bus service, to the Ren in the Ginza, it stopped at the city airport as well as three other hotels. Take the Narita Express to Shibuya and taxi from there, for the GHT.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 3:02 am

Just scored three FFN nights starting March 29th -- excellent! RTW, Do you mind sharing the manager's email address so I can introduce/ingratiate myself?

P.S. Longtime lurker, 1st post. Hyatt and FlyerTalk are great!!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
rbAA - can you let me know how much the cab fare is from Shibuya? I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt in a fortnight, but I'm spending my own money! Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I am in SIN now. Can I please e-mail you tomorrow with contact from SQ F Lounge? Congrats on first post. Regards, RTW
Old Mar 15, 2004, 9:40 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RJB:
rbAA - can you let me know how much the cab fare is from Shibuya? I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt in a fortnight, but I'm spending my own money! Thanks.</font>
Taxi was 1100 yen from Shibuya Station to GHT or 1900 yen for Japan Station to GHT.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Many thanks, rbAA
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I emailed everyone's favorite contact & if I'm lucky I'll get the west/high floor, but that's about it. The rest was don't let the door hit you on the way out, but that's fine. Given my status is zip (Gold) at this point & it's an award stay, that's ok.

------------------
Sharon
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:06 am
Original Poster

FYI to all. I had a nice conversation with the friendly FT contact at the GHT. There is also a new Grand Club manager. The Hotel has been running at a very high occupancy rate. Unlike many other Hyatt properties the rooms are being sold with little or no problem. He regrets that they can not accomodate every request. They are trying.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 2:13 pm

He was very polite in his email to me, and as you said they're booked, so if I can pull off the west facing/high floor I'll be happy (well, I would have been happier w/ access to exec level etc but knew it was a long shot since I dropped in status).

------------------
Sharon
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:12 pm

I just returned from 3 FFN's at the GH Tokyo. We received a very nice room (1511) facing the Tokyo Tower (yes, it also looked at the Mori Tower but the building was off to the side). No PLT amenity. We received Grand Club access. BTW, does anyone know why the Grand Club is way down on the 10th floor? It would seem that rooms on that floor would have terrible views. The bathrooms are terrific. In fact, the whole place is top-notch. Love the plasma screen televisions. As far as the restaurants go, I would avoid Roku-Roku. Very expensive and teeny little portions (artfully presented of course).
Old Mar 18, 2004, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Pure space I believe. Up until like the 10th floor there is a postion that jets off to the left as you enter the Club. Maximum Club floors per floor.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 7:46 am

Makes sense to me. I just thought it was interesting that both the Century Hyatt and now the Grand have club floors on lower floors instead of way up high. Also, they allow access to the club floor & lounge without a key, requring the concierge to descreetly to come up to each person and ask for their room number. I always wonder what would happen if they determined that you weren't eligible. Would they drag you out by the ear? Make you pay? Call a large, burly security guard to have you removed? I prefer the US system where you need a key to access the floor and/or lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 10:55 am

Well, this might not be answered before I get to Tokyo, but my reservation is for a Grand Room. I just assumed that meant a regular room; does it mean I'll have access to the Grand Club (is the GC the exec lounge?).

------------------
Sharon
Old Mar 18, 2004, 11:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
Well, this might not be answered before I get to Tokyo, but my reservation is for a Grand Room. I just assumed that meant a regular room; does it mean I'll have access to the Grand Club (is the GC the exec lounge?).

</font>
They like to call everything ‘Grand’. A Grand room is actually a standard room. Deluxe Grand, Executive Grand or Grand Club rooms would be the more expensive rooms. Grand Club is the Executive Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.