Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the GM made the same points about the in-room safes and tiny bathrooms to me too. When I suggested that (a) bathrooms in suites should get some sort of priority and (b) since they only have a few suites, why not leave amenities in those rooms, the GM said something like "It's just a HR, we shouldn't bother with suites since they are empty most of the time."

I think I am beginning to understand why Hyatt Int'l and Hyatt domestic are two separate companies, although I had nothing like this experience at -- of all places -- the DFW Hyatt the two previous nights where the suite I ended up in was nothing short of spectacular.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Yup. To FURTHER "save the environment," they will also only change your sheets and towels every three days unless you find the right placard and follow the appropriate procedure.

That also explains the flourescent lights in the fixtures, I guess.

Curious isn't it, how "saving the environment" always seems to imply "cutting costs for the hotel?"
I got the same nonsense card at the Hyatt in Scottsdale which said you had to call if you didn't want to participate. I solved the problem by making sure I threw every towel used for even a second on the floor. I was less concerned about the sheets, but I suppose I could have stripped the bed too...

Don't they understand that this type of silliness is a sure to way to cut down on repeat business. What do I remember about my stay is Scottsdale - lots of negatives, including the save the environment b.s.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
We stayed at the Hyatt Financial Center last night. Overall, we had a nice experience. The check-in was very friendly and the woman mentioned that we had been upgraded to a corner suite, which turned out to be just a large corner room. Somehow, I had always imagined suites to be two rooms. The bed was comfortable but seemed to be 3-4 feet off the ground, which meant that my wife practically needed a ladder--also, the room service carts are not tall enough, so it is impossible to sit on the end of the bed and eat off the room service cart. Room service was reasonably priced and the gentleman who delivered it was friendly.

The bathroom was a little tired looking but fine. The shower rod was curved, which was nice, but they did have the tacky shampoo dispensers on the wall. I felt like I was in a gym.

Overall, we had a nice experience. I would stay here again.

Mike
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:20 pm

Presidential Suite

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I just checked in to this hotel, and was upgraded to what I was assured was one of only two newly remodeled Terrace Suites, which excepting the Presidential Suite, are supposed to be the best rooms in the hotel....
I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to that Presidential Suite earlier this year. It is quite, quite large -- as in, you could get lost in there if you don't leave a trail of breadcrumbs behind you! One of the finest beds I've ever had too. I concur: very nice staff at this hotel.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Another perspective on this property

I'm in the midst of a stay here this weekend into early next week and I have to say I'm pleasantly surpised given all of the negative reviews. I have stayed at the Westin Copley (as well as the Sheraton nearby) on previous stays and the Hyatt is far nicer in my opinion than the Starwood properties.

The Hyatt renovation may not be top notch but it's nice enough, I mean this is a Regency branded property afterall. I think the rooms are a bit small, the bathrooms especially so. But overall the decor is modern and clean and this ranks around where I would put many of the other "nice" Regency properties. I can't say it is elegant, deluxe or 5 star, but I wouldnt say that about any Regency property. Sure I like to stay in Starwood's W properties and Park Hyatts, but in Boston I made do with what these chains have (I eagerly await the opening of the new Westin in Boston). I have a corporate rate of $145 a night, so if I were paying more my review might be different. Overall, I am quite happy with the Hyatt and would stay here again, I definitely will pick it over the Westin.

We got free breakfast in recognition of diamond status (we got 2 coupons for continental breakfast but were allowed to have the buffet or order omlets from the menu). No room upgrade other than putting us on the Club floor (which is closed on the weekends), but the hotel is full so I'm not surprised. They did have our room ready for us at noon on the day we arrived as we had requested (which was nice given that they were so full and others were being told they had to wait until 3pm). The front desk was very pleasant and accomodating to any requests we had. I am also SPG Plt and the Westin Copley has never treated me all that well, not having room ready early when hotel is full and never gotten any kind of upgrade without making a fuss even when the hotel was far from fully booked.

We also really like the location of the Hyatt. Chinatown is a block away so you can find some great asian food for dinner. Lots of great shopping right down the street and it's a quick cab ride or nice walk to many neighboring areas and attractions.

The hassle right now is getting in and out of here to/from the airport, with all the construction in this part of the city it takes a while to zig zag in here from the highway. We are staying at the Harborside property tommorrow night to make it easier to catch our early flight out the next morning.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I also stayed for one night yesterday, and thought it was quite nice, given all the negative reviews here. The rooms were a lot nicer than Grand Hyatt NYC, although a bit smaller, and bathrooms with the built in shampoo dispensers were not as cheap looking as I expected them to be. Overall, I would stay in this property over the other 2 hyatts in Boston, even with the higher prices they are asking for..
Old Oct 2, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Thumbs up

I stayed here last week, and the rennovated rooms are very nice. I don't think the room I'd stayed in about a year ago there was as nice.

Yes, they still had the wall-erected dispensing shampoo & conditioner containers, but that didn't really bother me.

Nice gym, nice staff, decent location. I would stay there again.

The room was nicer than the Westin at Copley (although not connected to the mall), in part just because it was newer and less run down.

Plus you can practice your German while there as that is the hotel that Lufthansa flight crew stays in when they're in town.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:37 pm

Programs: NWA Gold, DL, AA, AS
After my last stay at the Boston Hyatt Fin Dist, I couldn't be happier. The bed is amazing. It's one of the best, if not *the* best, beds I've slept in at a hotel. The renovations really updated the look and feel of the rooms, and the decor is quite nice.

I did not have a problem with noise during my stay. The staff, from housekeeping to GM, is amazing - really top-notch and helpful, without being overly solicitous. Good coffee, too. I think the location is fine - so much is within a 5-minute walk in any direction.

I highly recommend this property, and I'll stay here again during my next trip.

Last edited by tillicent; Oct 15, 2005 at 12:07 am Reason: TMI
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:59 pm

Programs: NWA Gold, DL, AA, AS
The Hyatt Boston Financial Center is fine by me. The bed is heavenly - really. It beats Starwood's bed in my book.

I am all for fewer detergents spilled into the environment, and less power used. I don't have a problem sleeping in my sheets for a couple of nights. I always find there are enough towels so if one really gets that dirty (not often), I can snag another one from the initial stack.

I don't care about the shampoo dispensers - I bring my own. Again, if it can contribute to conservation (both fiscally and environmentally), then fine.

Location is great, easy access to T and shopping, etc. The staff is terrific, and very helpful.

It's not a perfect property, but I'm very happy with my recent experiences.

Last edited by tillicent; Oct 15, 2005 at 12:04 am
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was there last night, and I have to admit the changes made to this property are pretty good. I was given room 2003- newly remodeled and the bed (as stated previously) was quite nice. I really liked the choices of Diamond amentiy, and went for the salmon & Ketel duo. The presentation was great, very distinctive. On a black platter small tanround stones were scattered with 3 tall shot glasses filled with blue stones and forks sticking out holding the salmon, 3 pancakes & creme fresh with caviar. The vodka came with your choice of 2 mixers (oj, cranberry, club soda, etc), a small bottle of olives/onions and 2 small bottles of Ketel One vodka (lemon & regular).
As I usually just go for the wine and cheese plate, this was a welcome additon
Old Nov 19, 2005, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stephem
The hassle right now is getting in and out of here to/from the airport, with all the construction in this part of the city it takes a while to zig zag in here from the highway. We are staying at the Harborside property tommorrow night to make it easier to catch our early flight out the next morning.

Whats your guestimate on how long cab might take from the Hyatt in the Financial Center to Logan on a Friday morning 7AM?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

15 - 20 minutes max, the hotel is pretty close to the unclogged roads that lead to the Ted Williams tunnel.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:27 pm

It should be only about 8-10 minutes. 15 minutes at worst.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS
Any tips on Hyatt Regency Boston?

Any favorite floors or sides I should ask for on my five days there next week? Is there any good spot for free overnight parking nearby?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by luckychucky
Any favorite floors or sides I should ask for on my five days there next week? Is there any good spot for free overnight parking nearby?
There is definitely no free overnight parking in downtown Boston.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.