Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Just stay here last night in a nice, renovated King Suite. However, upon checkout, I was told that only the wired NOT wireless internet access is complimentary for Diamond members. She did give me credit for it for just this time. She mentioned that it was property specific whether or not they comp wireless access to Diamonds. Anyone else have this experience?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
That sounds like what I was told at check in, regarding the free internet for diamond members.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by VA1379
That sounds like what I was told at check in, regarding the free internet for diamond members.
+1

They should just put little signs out with that info at the front desk. (Not in the rooms, which already have enough extra notices.)
Old Dec 27, 2009, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The hotel is like a warzone during the day.

The breakfast is served in one of the ballrooms and is buffet only. You cannot order of the menu as I usually do.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Seems that they are now part of the Nor1 as well. Didn't receive this couple of days ago when I made previous reservation.

Someone at the Nor1 should do some proofreading when it comes to email addresses: [email protected]
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Still looking for free parking options. Can any others suggest parking they have used for free lately?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:05 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by hull22
Just stay here last night in a nice, renovated King Suite. However, upon checkout, I was told that only the wired NOT wireless internet access is complimentary for Diamond members. She did give me credit for it for just this time. She mentioned that it was property specific whether or not they comp wireless access to Diamonds. Anyone else have this experience?
The T-Mobile WiFi is what they have issues with, it is not meant to be complimentary for Diamond members. However, there is a "HotelNet" WiFi network that is available in some areas of the hotel that is not charged. The problem is, it is not available everywhere and the signal can be weak at times. I wish they would just get rid of the T-Mobile and replace it with their own system. That would eliminate the confusion and complaints from Diamond guests.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I have run into the T-Mobile hurdle, or speed bump, at several Hyatts and Hyatt Places. Sometimes it has just been my error to sign in that way, and sometimes it has appeared to be the only path to wireless. In either case, it appears to be just an inconvenience for the front desk to remove the charge.

And, JonathanIT, I have thought that HotelNet at the Hyatt was actually another nearby hotel's signal. Back in the day when we did have to pay for the Hyatt's signal, I was grateful for it and also what I think I remember was the Hilton property's free signal. Before the construction, I used to ask for an atrium room because all the signals were|are better on that side.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is there a regency club here? If so is it open during the renovations?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
There is no RC. You will get a full breakfast buffet everyday. My guess is that ordering off the menu will return for breakfast once the renovations are done.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Firewind
And, JonathanIT, I have thought that HotelNet at the Hyatt was actually another nearby hotel's signal. Back in the day when we did have to pay for the Hyatt's signal, I was grateful for it and also what I think I remember was the Hilton property's free signal. Before the construction, I used to ask for an atrium room because all the signals were|are better on that side.
Strange, because my Hyatt room number and registration info have always worked to log in! Also, the login page looks identical to the "wired" internet connection. However, recently I noticed that the login page is now gone; it looks like it's an open WiFi for anybody now. Before the free internet for Diamonds here, I used to use a signal from the Marriott Suites next door... but that seems to be gone now too (or changed).

One other update I noticed just today: they have started renovations on the South Tower! Floor 17 is now "locked off". The North Tower is completely finished, according to the FD.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Jan 19, 2010 at 11:35 pm Reason: updated
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
I have a 1 bedroom king suite reserved for this weekend. Does anyone know if it will be a renovated room? Or is there a chance it could be a non-renovated room?

ERQ
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
free parking

Originally Posted by srodr
Still looking for free parking options. Can any others suggest parking they have used for free lately?
try Chapman towards the direction of Hyatts parking lot. just a little further than the end of thr hyatt lot. cant park certain days of the week but there is residetial area if you make the 1st or 2nd left from Chapman.

Easy. Just pay attention to the restrictions.

Then enter Hyatt from the entrance near their parking lot.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
I have a 1 bedroom king suite reserved for this weekend. Does anyone know if it will be a renovated room? Or is there a chance it could be a non-renovated room?

ERQ
It should be. All their suites are in the North Tower (renovated). I was just there checking in for a mattress run in this crazy weather!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
lbskinny is correct, if it is a one-bedroom suite they are all completely renovated... if it is a Conference King (sometimes called Executive King), none of them are completed yet. I prefer the Conference King rooms myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.