Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by azepine00
On crowne plaza/homewood suites lot?
Yes, both of those have the parking permits now. Also, Marriott Suites. We had used Homewood Suites parking FOREVER and never had a problem until September when we noticed all of the parking permits there so we checked all of the hotels in that area and they all had permits in different colors., I guess color coded for the property....Bummer)
Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I for one wouldn't leave my car parked in the shoe warehouse strip mall lot overnight.

Did it a few times already, never had any problems. Judging from the amount of cars parked at the shoe mall across the Hyatt, I was not the only one.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Yes, both of those have the parking permits now. Also, Marriott Suites. We had used Homewood Suites parking FOREVER and never had a problem until September when we noticed all of the parking permits there so we checked all of the hotels in that area and they all had permits in different colors., I guess color coded for the property....Bummer)
Homewood cars had permits hanging but in the back between CP and Marriott I saw plenty of cars without any tags. That's where I ended up parking a couple days ago. YMMV of course.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:09 pm

Suggest asking for updates rooms--very nice.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:18 am

agreed. Received the North Wing Room on 5th Floor this time. Its renovated and last time I got a room in the south tower...its like a night & day difference.

Parking fee is so high. Is the ES lot cheaper to park? I wonder if I can walk up there and just pay for a parking permit for a night.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The $15 self parking fee isn't that bad when you consider the cheap rates that are often available in the $70 to $80 range.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:13 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79
agreed. Received the North Wing Room on 5th Floor this time. Its renovated and last time I got a room in the south tower...its like a night & day difference.
The south tower tiny rooms with the little crt TVs ... like room 1627?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/4106367934/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/4105600633/
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:22 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by anchor79
Is the ES lot cheaper to park? I wonder if I can walk up there and just pay for a parking permit for a night.
The ES, as with all Hilton properties along Harbor Blvd., charges $12/day for parking (except the main Hilton which is $15).
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The lobby renovation is starting this week. They were moving/making temporarily Disney/bellman and other desks this morning when I was checking out. It is probably going to be quite a mess for the next couple of months.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I received my very first upgrade to a 2-room suite at any Hyatt as a Plat Sunday night. AAA rate with breakfast ~$75 is great, cheaper than the Sheraton Cerritos.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 6:18 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by holtju2
The lobby renovation is starting this week. They were moving/making temporarily Disney/bellman and other desks this morning when I was checking out. It is probably going to be quite a mess for the next couple of months.
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot this was coming. I return this weekend for a stay for the first time since November. I overheard a waitress in the restaurant comment that the lobby restaurant would be closing and the buffet will be moved temporarily to one of the banquet rooms. Can anyone confirm if this has happened yet?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Yes. I was just there, and the old restaurant and bar area is blocked off with a temporary wall. The restaurant, and temporary front desk, are housed in the banquet area beyond the elevators in the South Tower.

Because the old restaurant are is walled off, you have to take a detour from the parking lot around the North Tower elevator lobby, past the Starbucks, past the old front desk, way down to the South Tower lobby. A long way to schlep your luggage.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:48 am

During the day---probably only from M-F--the mess and noise is substantial.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by best
During the day---probably only from M-F--the mess and noise is substantial.
That's why they have a $69 Hard Hat rate, if you can put up with the noise or avoid it during the day.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Hyatt OC

If you are heading out to Disney for the day you probably avoid the mess, also I dont mind paying the parking here as you know your car is safe etc, Anaheim is not the safest city in the World . If you have a suite with microwave there is a great Chinese place right across the street and you can warm up the left overs also Target for snacks etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.