FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/135571-hyatt-regency-orange-county-anaheim-ca-review-master-thread.html)

Smart Shopper Nov 9, 2009 1:10 pm

Everey wednesday there is a One Day Sale ($ 69/79 rate; Offer Code: 24HR), G3 bonus should post with your stay, look at your folio, otherwise call CS.

Kalboz Nov 9, 2009 2:20 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Smart Shopper I will keep an eye on this rate ... as per Gx points, I called cs and they immediately posted the 1,500 bonus points to my account.

Cheers ^^

JonathanIT Nov 10, 2009 3:44 am

Originally Posted by VA1379 (Post 12766931)
The breakfast offered at this hotel is the best out of all the domestic Hyatts that I have been to so far. You have to have the front desk deduct the cost of the tip. I was told that there is an issue with their computer system that they hope to correct soon.

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 12773085)
They also went back to the Breakfast vouchers that now include the gratuity for the servers. No need for additional tipping.

Strange, I noticed this change back to the certificates as well my last stay... after a period this summer when I was told "just charge it to your room". I noticed the tip made it on to my folio about half the time.

My last stay I noticed the certificates are back, and they are the old ones (they still say "continental breakfast") with the gratuity included... so I left the table without leaving any additional tip. What's funny is... they figured a tip themselves and added it to my bill! I didn't complain as it was only a little over $2, but what is the "official" status on gratuities with free b'fast? Is the tip part of Diamond benefits??

:confused:

Honestly, I don't think I would complain... I stay at this property frequently enough that I would feel like the cheapest person on earth if I started b*tching about a $2 tip on free breakfast! lol

JonathanIT Nov 10, 2009 4:13 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena (Post 12774698)
No.
The Sheraton Cerritos is a newer property.They almost always give me a suite.Free internet(wired and wireless)and full breakfast buffet for plats on weekends.
Nicer rooms.Nicer location(though not if Disneyland is your destination)
Fewer kids
And I do not have to chase the points/stay credit.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the Hyatt OC, Bigguy! It's one of my favorites. The FD staff is really nice, and they know me by name. (Talia & Kendrick are my favorites).

The breakfast buffet is one of the best... and they recently brought back the omelette station even on weekdays!

The internet is "wired" but if you connect to WiFi, they will take it off your bill (T-Mobile). Plus, if you are in certain parts of the hotel and can connect to the "Hyatt" signal (instead of the T-Mobile one), the charge will not even appear.

I have a 100% success rate with suite upgrades, my favorite being the Conference King studio suite (thank you holtju2!). I just LOVE this room. The views are great looking over the atrium and up Harbor Blvd. Especially on the 17th floor!

Also these rooms are in the South Tower and the Hyatt WiFi signal is usually good there (and before HGP offered free internet for Diamonds, I used the open WiFi signal from the Marriott next door).

I admit I am usually there for Disneyland and it is a great location.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Cerritos, and it was not bad. But I still prefer the Hyatt OC hands down. And with the $69 sale and FFN's running right now... it is a complete blow out! No contest; Hyatt OC all the way!! ^

LVLover08 Nov 11, 2009 5:49 pm

FREE parking?

:confused:Where is the free parking across the street? We are planning a 4 night visit in March.

Maui4me1 Nov 11, 2009 9:38 pm

There is no more free parking across the street.....All of the cars have hotel tags hanging from the rear view mirror now.

JonathanIT Nov 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 (Post 12810510)
There is no more free parking across the street.....All of the cars have hotel tags hanging from the rear view mirror now.

I guess nothing lasts forever. :(

The Hyatt is also tightening their parking enforcement: hang tags are now issued (why I'm not sure because the lot is gated), and the attendant gets there very early at 7am, at least on weekdays. It used to be the case that you could leave as late as 8-8:30a and there would be no one at the booth so you you could just drive out without any record (i.e. parking fee).

Kalboz Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by LVLover08 (Post 12809314)
:confused:Where is the free parking across the street? We are planning a 4 night visit in March.

I parked at the shoe warehouse lot across the street for at least an hour last Saturday without any problems.

JonathanIT Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 12810957)
I parked at the shoe warehouse lot across the street for at least an hour last Saturday without any problems.

There's all kinds of free parking in the area for short term parking during the day (a few hours), I think the issue is overnight parking or longer term for several days for those staying at the hotel. I for one wouldn't leave my car parked in the shoe warehouse strip mall lot overnight.

best Nov 12, 2009 7:11 pm

This Hyatt has a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet for Diamonds.

LVLover08 Nov 13, 2009 1:10 am

Not everyone...

Originally Posted by best (Post 12814693)
This Hyatt has a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet for Diamonds.

...is a "Diamond". A lot of us are just regular folk trying to have a vacation.:(

Kalboz Nov 13, 2009 1:24 am

Originally Posted by LVLover08 (Post 12815876)
...is a "Diamond". A lot of us are just regular folk trying to have a vacation.:(

I have stayed at a Grand Hyatt and they comp you a breakfast even at the lowly Gold tier. I also have stayed at a Hyatt Place and they serve a nice breakfast and I was a platinum. This OC HR comp nothing not even drinking water which is $3.50 for a small bottle.:td: unless you are a diamond! This is not to mention the ridiculous $15/night parking fee which should be included in the room rate.

azepine00 Nov 13, 2009 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 (Post 12810510)

On crowne plaza/homewood suites lot?

holtju2 Nov 14, 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 12815908)
I have stayed at a Grand Hyatt and they comp you a breakfast even at the lowly Gold tier. I also have stayed at a Hyatt Place and they serve a nice breakfast and I was a platinum. This OC HR comp nothing not even drinking water which is $3.50 for a small bottle.:td: unless you are a diamond! This is not to mention the ridiculous $15/night parking fee which should be included in the room rate.

The rather simple "breakfast" at Hyatt Places is complimentary for all the guests. At Hyatt's the complimentary breakfast is a Diamond benefit. Good luck finding a full service hotel in the Disney area that doesn't charge for a parking.

musikdude Nov 14, 2009 12:24 pm

On a recent stay, as a Diamond, they gave me an executive king type suite.
It was in the unrenovated south tower. Very old school, 80's vibe. Lots of space but not flatscreen. I think i prefer the newer rooms in the north tower.