Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2023, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Glob
Was curious before arrival if the hotel-provided Disneyland shuttle accepted credit cards for payment, and indeed it does. This whole operation was very reliable and convenient.

Old May 16, 2023, 4:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Anyone stay in the executive king suite? Looks like its also a renovated (premium) suite.
I would like to know if the bathroom layout/size is as cramped as the regular renovated king rooms.
Old May 16, 2023, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Anyone stay in the executive king suite? Looks like its also a renovated (premium) suite.
I would like to know if the bathroom layout/size is as cramped as the regular renovated king rooms.
It is, and you get the added benefit of a full sized boardroom table in your room. It's not worth it.
kevinjm likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I just stayed last week, 4 nights, was upgraded to Executive Suite (paid nights). Have not stayed in this hotel and I must say I was quite happy with the stay. Everyone who worked here was helpful and super friendly. Food was very good at the Brewery restaurant and the breakfast buffet (or order from the menu) was okay. Front desk said $80 per day will be deducted for Globalist breakfast and it was. A few days before arrival I received a welcome text asking which kind of room I preferred--a suite/larger room referred to as "classic" (aka older, as reported above) or a king room more recently renovated (South Tower, wood floors vs. North Tower carpet). I asked if there might be a suite in the South Tower and (I could also see online) it was not available on the 4th night. Midafternoon day of arrival I noticed it did become available for all 4 of my nights, so they grabbed it for me, Executive King Suite. We had 3 adults the first night. Yes, the layout is a bit strange but it was fine for that one night with 3 adults. No door on the separate bedroom; the bathroom was small and located about as far as it could be from the bedroom--located by the front door. Large L-shaped sofa that made into a bed and, yes, very large dining table with 6 chairs. A desk, too. Floor to ceiling windows with view of the interior atrium. Actually I was quite happy with the room, I guess it depends on the occupants as to how well it will work. When they saw how nice this Hyatt was, my daughter and her BF canceled their reservation at a 2* hotel and I booked a second room for them at Hyatt. Upgraded to a king room also in the South Tower, right next door to my suite. Globalist breakfast for second room. The shuttle system is quite efficient and handy. Used valet parking the first night ($36) then moved to self parking which did not show on my receipt--maybe it's on my cc, haven't looked. Booked a few months ago at $190, dropped to $172, then a few days before the stay $139. By far the lowest priced Disneyland hotel and actually quite a nice property. Two thumbs up to whoever was behind the text working with me, trying to get a suite or a room I'd like. She had lots of patience!
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:34 pm

Thanks for the review, by the way you said that they give you $80 per day for Globalist breakfast, was it $80 per person or per room? I hope it's per person since it wouldn't be enough if per room lol.
Also valet parking supposed to be free of charge for Globalist, right?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Front desk said $80 per day will be deducted for Globalist breakfast and it was. Used valet parking the first night ($36) then moved to self parking which did not show on my receipt--maybe it's on my cc, haven't looked.
Thanks for the review, by the way you said that they give you $80 per day for Globalist breakfast, was it $80 per person or per room? I hope it's per person since it wouldn't be enough if per room lol.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joykid
$80 per room--no way could you spend $80 pp there for breakfast! We had 3 adults and that amount covered buffet for all one day, menu items for all the following days. Second room also allowed $80 credit (some hotels do not), so we could have split the bill if needed. Mine was a paid stay, so no free parking for Globalist.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
$80 per room--no way could you spend $80 pp there for breakfast! We had 3 adults and that amount covered buffet for all one day, menu items for all the following days. Second room also allowed $80 credit (some hotels do not), so we could have split the bill if needed. Mine was a paid stay, so no free parking for Globalist.
That seems low.. when I was there last year, I'm certain my breakfast buffet bill for 2 adults, 1 child was over $100. I remember they tacked on multiple fees as well.

I was globalist so didn't care what they charged anyway, but I remember feeling like if I was a paying customer I would have felt really cheated.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 9:00 am

I’m a Globalist mid-stay on a paid rate and there’s a lot of inconsistencies.

The front desk agent was new and didn’t know what the Globalist breakfast guideline was. I asked someone else and was told 1 buffet per person. I pressed, “Is there a guideline for entrees?” ‘No, buffet only’. Then I asked the restaurant and they told me 1 entree and 1 drink per person.

At check-in, they upgraded me to the 1 br King Suite. I asked if they could put me in a hospitality suite since both my girlfriend and I have remote work setups. “It’s only available 1 of your 2 nights”, despite me showing him it was available to book through the app for both nights. A nearby agent teased, “I can look if one of our newer, Executive Suites is available”. Yes, it was, but they tried pushing it as a paid upgrade.

Overall, not bad, but a lot of different answers from different people.

Last edited by middleclassmillionaire; Sep 4, 2023 at 9:01 am Reason: Forgot to mention my status
Old Sep 4, 2023, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by middleclassmillionaire
I’m a Globalist mid-stay on a paid rate and there’s a lot of inconsistencies.

The front desk agent was new and didn’t know what the Globalist breakfast guideline was. I asked someone else and was told 1 buffet per person. I pressed, “Is there a guideline for entrees?” ‘No, buffet only’. Then I asked the restaurant and they told me 1 entree and 1 drink per person.

At check-in, they upgraded me to the 1 br King Suite. I asked if they could put me in a hospitality suite since both my girlfriend and I have remote work setups. “It’s only available 1 of your 2 nights”, despite me showing him it was available to book through the app for both nights. A nearby agent teased, “I can look if one of our newer, Executive Suites is available”. Yes, it was, but they tried pushing it as a paid upgrade.

Overall, not bad, but a lot of different answers from different people.
the hospitality suite is a premium suite at that property, so I don't begrudge the property or the front desk staff for being awkward about it since clearly you were being pushy about getting a free upgrade to a premium suite. Don't get me wrong, I've been pushy myself when properties play shady games about clear program terms like upgrading to standard suites when they were available. But playing the app availability game for a premium suite, and then blaming the property for being "inconsistent" about it, just screams entitlement.

as to breakfast: the property has been good about providing the benefit for takeout orders, where by definition then the buffet isn't available, but clearly most if not all the items are probably from the buffet. either way, is it such a big deal that there was some confusion between the people you asked about it?

To be clear, this isn't a luxury property. But the location is pretty decent, staff are trying, and they've been consistently very good at proactively upgrading to standard suites (even this past weekend when it was a holiday and there were days when the hotel was sold out), and applying the usual Globalist benefits like late checkout. I would stay here if you had a meeting either at the hotel or at the Convention Center, or were going to Disneyland and wanted a better breakfast than both the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House nearby -- for those purposes, the property is fine and worthy of a return, and has been very consistent in my repeated experience.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Will report back with options on the South vs North tower rooms... The North, 'unrenovated' rooms definitely have that classic feel and uninspired bathroom.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I don't mind the overall feel of north tower rooms, but the bathrooms are just so dire. At least assuming the suite I had was representative. Felt like an 80s motel in Tempe.

Does anyone know if they're officially offering free shuttle passes to Globalists now? The first time I stayed here they gave me a pass, then the next time they acted like I was crazy when I asked (even emailed VIP services to double check). But I heard from a source or two that they'd received shuttle passes recently. I'm going with 6 people in 2 rooms that I booked, so it'd be great to not have to pay shuttle cost for everyone.

I also just found out we'll be at the hotel during the first Blizzcon since 2019, so that should be interesting. Hopefully Disney will be less busy since hotels are sold out or more expensive than usual. HR and HP are sold out for that weekend (Nov 3-4).
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finished a 3-night stay here on a combination of prepaid rate and cat4 certs. Rooms booked were different on two reservations (2Q, 1K) but front desk was able to combine without issue.
Proactively upgraded, the morning of when I checked on the app, to a high floor renovated king room in south tower. We actually had a corner room at the end of the 15th floor with a view of the city which ended up being a very quiet room (room 1517).

I was explorist when checked in, I was offered free shuttle passes without asking which was a nice touch. The employees and management are stellar here.
Had late night snacks at the OC brewhouse and was impressed with the quality of food and service. Recommend the bao buns and pizza. Our family raved about the gelato in the ice cream shop in the hotel.

Overall, still a great place to stay if going to Disneyland. The hard product is lacking when you start to look at the details (thin, scratchy towels, small bathrooms, terrible k-pods) but the cash price, treatment of elites and convenience have me coming back.
gadberry likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Question for Disneyland goers. I have an upcoming one night stay here using Cat 1-4 cert and visiting Disney on the check out day, am I able to park my car here for the day (past 4pm check out time) and use the free shuttle service while coming back to pick up the car around 6-7pm post checking out thru the app? Trying to save the $35 parking at Disney.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Dec 20, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The hard product is lacking.
For a Category 4 I’d agree it’s lacking, but when comparing it to the other Disney Hyatt (Hyatt House Anaheim) I’d say it’s much better.

With that said, I still don’t see it as a good placement in Category 4. I think it only got bumped up because they had a lot of post COVID travel in 2022. I’m thinking they’ll go back down to Category 3 in 2024.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.