Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 69, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by:
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 14, 22, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cakiwi View Post
Recent stay as Globalist. Upgraded to a bigger room in north tower. Old, tired, meh.
calling front desk takes 5-6 minutes each time for an answer. Terrible.
Restaurant doesn't accept to go orders over the phone....only in person. Hardly efficient to order in person if attempting to save time.
wake up call tells me it's March, in August? What the.?
internet spotty at best.
​​daily housekeeping not replacing toiletries or coffee on a multi night stay.

Have another reservation coming up for here, which I've just cancelled and will go elsewhere. Won't come back here unless reviews change for the better. Terrible property that doesn't reflect normal Hyatt consistency at all. Big let down.
I only stay here when its $120 a night or less and I want to be in LA/OC otherwise I go to Valencia lol

Its definitely more of a budget property, especially since COVID.
Old Aug 28, 22, 11:24 am

Programs: Globallist
I WISH all Hyatt's World-wide tried this hard. The staff and service for us over the past ten plus years has always exceed expectations. They just do it better. I appreciate the emails prior to arrival. I appreciate the emails during my stay. Yes. I wish the rooms were a little better. Wish they had little better restaurant choices. All that being said, from the GMs over the years all the way down. Absolutely love and appreciate the service here.
Old Aug 28, 22, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just had a stay here - I didn't expect anything memorable after reading the comments here, but the hotel was fine, and the location and price worked for this trip. As Globalist, our room choices were updated 2-queen room in the South Tower, or a non-renovated King suite in the North Tower. We chose the South Tower. The room was nice - bed was comfortable etc. The best part about this stay is that breakfast is served until 11:30 AM - worked out great for our schedule as we typically don't eat breakfast, so this turned out to be early lunch for us.
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed here in the North Tower is a Kid's One-King Suite. Definitely needs a renovation- didn't know about the south tower having a full renovation. Globalist recognition was good, but breakfast quality has dipped since my last pre-pandemic visit. Staff were great.

Old Sep 22, 22, 11:42 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by gadberry View Post
I'm surprised no one answered your question yet.
What is the question?
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:01 am

I have a multi-night stay over the holidays. I applied a TSU into a 1 bdrm two queen bed suite. Anyone know which tower this room is in?

Last edited by Troopers; Sep 28, 22 at 12:50 pm
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by zakami View Post
What is the question?
And is there an answer.

David
Old Sep 23, 22, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
And is there an answer.

David
I think it was to my post from several months back.

Originally Posted by slariz View Post
Rates for an upcoming stay to visit Disney aren't that different for 2 rooms of Two Queen Deluxe (which appears to be fully renovated?) compared with a 2-bedroom suite (which appears to be unrenovated?) I'm assuming I should stick with the 2 rooms and request connecting? My hesitancy is that the connecting part would not be guaranteed but hoping with globalist status they would make sure to honor the request. I'm also considering the Hyatt House closer to Disney. The stay would only be for Disney, nothing else.
Rates for my dates have since changed and I have a VIP Family Suite booked here but am also still deciding between that and a suite at the Hyatt House which appears newer. We wont be spending much time in the room except for sleeping as well be at Disney all day. I like the idea of the extra bathroom and much more overall space, but how bad are the old suites? Still better off with two renovated queen rooms and hope for connecting?
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by slariz View Post
I think it was to my post from several months back.

Rates for my dates have since changed and I have a VIP Family Suite booked here but am also still deciding between that and a suite at the Hyatt House which appears newer. We wont be spending much time in the room except for sleeping as well be at Disney all day. I like the idea of the extra bathroom and much more overall space, but how bad are the old suites? Still better off with two renovated queen rooms and hope for connecting?
The unrenovated rooms & suites are fine in terms of the rooms themselves, but the bathrooms feel like you're in a motel in the 80s. And a poorly maintained motel at that. Pretty sad. I'll pass on unrenovated suites going forward just because of how poor the bathrooms made the room feel.
Old Sep 28, 22, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I have a multi-night stay over the holidays. I applied a TSU into a 1 bdrm two queen bed suite. Anyone know which tower this room is in?
Nevermind, I called hotel and was told room is in the unrenovated North tower.

So, I upgrade to the Chairman's suite in the South tower. Anyone stay here before?

Search this Thread