Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Per its reservations page, the Park Hyatt Toronto is closing on December 1 for renovations:

Beginning December 1, 2017 through late-2019, Park Hyatt Toronto will temporarily close to undergo an extensive hotel enhancement plan that includes a full redesign featuring new guestrooms, suites, spa and event space. We look forward to welcoming guests back late-2019 to experience the new luxury hotel.
I can't update the thread title, but somebody with those powers may want to do so.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Has anyone stayed recently that can comment on how free parking for globalists was handled? I will likely have a car but the valet parking fee is a bit steep.

Have an upcoming stay. Front desk confirms that parking is covered for Globalist award stays.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:31 pm

To my surprise they still allow room service as a complementary option for Diamondist breakfast (unlike PH Milan and Zurich). Hopefully the wifi gets replaced with the renovation -- its awful.

Overall it was a nice stay, but it is certainly time for renovation
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BobR
To my surprise they still allow room service as a complementary option for Diamondist breakfast (unlike PH Milan and Zurich). Hopefully the wifi gets replaced with the renovation -- its awful.

Overall it was a nice stay, but it is certainly time for renovation

They still uphold the former PH brand standards and provide a great breakfast. No nickel and dining for coffee or juice or one entree set only. I just use LTE for my stays here. Gave up on the wifi a long time ago.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
An article in the local newspaper. Potentially of interest...

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2017/11/23/last-call-at-park-hyatts-legendary-roof-lounge.html
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:01 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
it will re-open after the thorough renovation of the full Park Hyatt, in a good 2 years time.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
it will re-open after the thorough renovation of the full Park Hyatt, in a good 2 years time.
Of course. This PH hasn't reached PH standards in ages, but neither were the rates PH typical.

With 2 years of no-revenue renovation, you can bet the owners will be looking to charge proper PH rates for a high class hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Of course. This PH hasn't reached PH standards in ages, but neither were the rates PH typical.

With 2 years of no-revenue renovation, you can bet the owners will be looking to charge proper PH rates for a high class hotel.
That's true. The South side residences cushion will only go so far.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know what the major changes will be? Completely gutting the building? or is it just an update to furnishings and soft foods? There are not many detailed updates online.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know what the major changes will be? Completely gutting the building? or is it just an update to furnishings and soft foods? There are not many detailed updates online.
Should be a complete renovation with the south tower becoming residences.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I had the pleasure courtesy of management before the property closed to sample a new prototype model suite out for one week
Although some of the decor was not to my liking it blew away the perfectly nice suite I had at Hyatt Regency Toronto just a few days earlier.
And the Regency food was simply sad by comparison
The new Park Hyatt suite certainly had many positives and an escape from the their old tired accommodations made it like stepping into a brand new Ritz Carlton by comparison
I hope the breakfast is still as wonderful when they reopen and the dinner improves.
Its awesome having a Morton's just a few steps from the hotel on the same block when in a pinch
Looking forward to the reopening of The Park Hyatt that is if our Canadian friends are still talking to us

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...of-lounge.html
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I had the pleasure courtesy of management before the property closed to sample a new prototype model suite out for one week
Although some of the decor was not to my liking it blew away the perfectly nice suite I had at Hyatt Regency Toronto just a few days earlier.
And the Regency food was simply sad by comparison
The new Park Hyatt suite certainly had many positives and an escape from the their old tired accommodations made it like stepping into a brand new Ritz Carlton by comparison
I hope the breakfast is still as wonderful when they reopen and the dinner improves.
Its awesome having a Morton's just a few steps from the hotel on the same block when in a pinch
Looking forward to the reopening of The Park Hyatt that is if our Canadian friends are still talking to us

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...of-lounge.html
I adore the breakfast at PH Toronto! Plentiful and delicious with no penny pinching like PH NY.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some pictures from the renovation site. It looks like they've destroyed the lobby building linking south and north buildings. Probably a complete renovation of the historic south building to make it more comfortable and noise proof as residences.
TAHKUCT and yoganeck like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:38 am

can't wait for the hotel to re-open. I'm real close to lifetime glob, mainly based on a ton of spend at the PH-Toronto over a number of years
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:08 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Anyone know when the reopening is expected?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.