Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Belgrade- REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Belgrade- REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
It is. Even if i think the building is older.
Regarding suite i would prefer hyatt. When upgrading or DSU they usually give the corner suite on executive floor, and they are much bigger than the Executive suite at Metropol. If they are nice and upgrade to the executive suite at hyatt, even better.

Even if i had problems with hyatt (3 CC fraud and poor management of the issue) and i'm really upset regarding the brand, in Belgrade i never stay anywhere else than hyatt.

My only concern if going there for romantic gateway is that new belgrade is not romantic or glamorous at all. Last time i went to beg with girlfriend, went to Square Nine (LHW and everything walking distance) but for a trip with Mum, hyatt is perfect, it's quiet during week end, confortable, modern but not minimalist, tea room is great and staff excellent.

Ps : taxi is cheap in this city, so it's not a big deal to stay in new belgrade. From airport, taxi kiosk is perfect, no need to pre-arrange with the hotel.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
2nd stay here in the past year...As Globalist I got upgraded to a Jr Suite (w/out having to ask)...which was nice. Corner suite - nice room

Lounge is very spartan - continental breakfast only - you have to pay extra for hot items (eggs, french toast, etc). A first for me at a Hyatt Lounge. And no hot dishes for the evening cocktail service - the same items every night...no changes. Oh well, I'm happy to be in a hyatt - just earning nights for the future!

I came here from Copenhagen - can't believe how many major European cities still don't have a Hyatt! Had to stay Marriott there...
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I love this property. As a Globalist, I always get upgraded (this time to an Executive Suite!) and the staff is VERY friendly. Breakfast is ok, not great, but eggs and waffles are fresh, not sitting around, so that's definitely good. The building is definitely showing a bit of age, but this is a gem.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:46 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:31 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mster
Anyone stay at the Hyatt Regency Belgrade recently as a Globalist who can share their experience?

For what it's worth this property is dropping from Category 2 to Category 1 when the Hyatt award chart changes kick in on March 18th.
Spent a week here in Oct 18, second stay (first stay was in June 17). Both times, I was proactively upgraded to a junior suite (good-sized suite with real proper living area, just no door). Service is excellent. Club lounge is decent, although I did get a bit bored of the fare - understandably so with a one week stay.

There's a bus stop (including airport bus) and tram stop near the hotel. There's a modern mall across the street. Hotel is about 30 min walk from downtown Belgrade.
mster likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:01 am

Can Globalists have breakfast at the HR Belgrade restaurant or is it lounge continental only?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
King Junior Suite w Restaurant Breakfast Spread

Had a recent stay here and was proactively upgraded to their Junior Suite which was very spacious. You can have breakfast in lounge or restaurant. They told me I would enjoy the restaurant more and I wasn’t disappointed.

Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hyatt Regency Belgrade = Suite Upgrade but Mediocre Otherwise

Hyatt Regency Belgrade

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt Regency Belgrade

Milentija Popovica 5 Belgrade, 11070

Hyatt Regency Belgrade = Suite Upgrade but Mediocre Otherwise (22 Photos)

Hyatt Regency Belgrade

After a couple of nights at Hilton Belgrade I stayed at Hyatt Regency Belgrade so I can easily compare the two properties.  The quick takeaway is that HR is an aging property while Hilton is new and shiny so the contrast in hardware is very significant, however as Globalist I received an upgrade to a suite whereas Hilton did not upgrade me to a suite as Diamond despite suites being available so for guests who care most about having extra space, HR is a good choice.  

The location of HR is not as good as Hilton because you are on the other side of the river relative to the old town, but distance-wise the difference is not very significant.

Room

I booked the entry level room with 5k points at the last minute as soon as I arrived in the hotel lobby, and front desk could immediately see my reservation and told me that as Globalist I was upgraded to a suite.  It was a lightning-quick upgrade to say the least, which makes Hilton look stingy in comparison, in low season to boot.  

The suite at HR is clearly a generation older than the new and crisp room design at Hilton.  On the plus side the furniture at HR was in good condition so I suspect it was updated not so long ago, and the bathroom was probably renovated at some point in the last few years and they used quality materials that can withstand the test of time.  I liked having a stand-alone shower with decent water pressure although the shower was not as large as at Hilton.  The carpet was also quite clean and did not feel overly old.  The suite had excellent window frontage and was very bright during the day, better than our room at Hilton.  However during the evening it was the exact opposite: HR does not have very good lighting so the room was a bit gloomy, part of it is due to the room only having lights on each side of the bed and no ceiling lighting.  There were many other signs to indicate this is not a modern hotel such as the light switches, temperature controls, and the TVs which were oddly in front of a large stand taking up big chunks of the living room and bedroom which was somewhat of a waste.  The suite was in the corner of the building so very quiet and no traffic outside our room, however because of the shape of the building the corner of the bedroom had a sharp angle which makes that space difficult to use so all in all good square footage of the room but not very functional and not ideal design.  Finally, despite being labeled a standard suite, the living room was not completely separated from the bedroom because there were no doors between them, and the suite did not have the convenient half bathroom.  

IMG_0655.jpegIMG_0656.jpegIMG_0657.jpegIMG_0658.jpegIMG_0659.jpegIMG_0660.jpeg

Dining

Because it’s low season, breakfast was offered in the restaurant only (not in the lounge) whereas in the busier months Globalists can choose between the lounge or the restaurant.  The positive is that they had a nice a la carte menu and I liked the smoked salmon wrap.  However the buffet is inferior by several notches relative to Hilton, for example there was not even a single hot food dish at HR compared to perhaps 8-10 at Hilton.  HR had some veggies and smoked salmon but overall the buffet was entirely forgettable.  

IMG_0669.jpegIMG_0672.jpegIMG_0673.jpegIMG_0674.jpegIMG_0675.jpegIMG_0676.jpegIMG_0677.jpegIMG_0678.jpeg

The Regency Club Lounge offers happy hour 6-8pm and the area looked good particularly the open air reception area which is on both the 7th and 8th floors.  The lounge is very expansive compared to the beautiful but small lounge at Hilton which I suspect will get full too quickly in the summer, unlike HR which has plenty of seating space.  Similar to breakfast, the food choices at HR were inferior to Hilton but by a lesser margin, only 2 choices of hot dishes compared to 4 at Hilton.  HR also had wraps and special salads which were nice for example the Asian pomelo salad was particularly delicious.  There is no alcohol on display at HR therefore it’s not self-serve.  However service in the lounge was excellent and they proactively offered refills and we never ran out of their local red wine.  At Hilton there is essentially no service in the lounge and you have to do everything yourself so some guests will probably prefer the personal touch at HR.

IMG_0662.jpegIMG_0664.jpegIMG_0665.jpegIMG_0666.jpegIMG_0682.jpegIMG_0683.jpeg

We ordered room service on the first night; prices were high but not overly so, in fact better than Hilton.  The price premium of room service over local restaurants seemed standard relative to other parts of the world.  Our orders were both very good but portion sizes were quite small so we were disappointed and did not want to order again the next day.

IMG_0667.jpegIMG_0668.jpeg

Service

Besides service in the lounge being more polished at HR than at Hilton, for the rest I would comment that housekeeping is not a strength at HR.  They did not bother cleaning the bathroom counter as we could see hair and water spots which was us using the bathroom before going to breakfast.  

Wifi

Wifi worked ok with speeds of 5-6 Mbps but they need to do better to be on par with Hilton where I measured 25 Mbps.  

Overall

Overall HR was not the most impressive Hyatt hotel I have been and people with no status at either Hyatt and Hilton should probably pick Hilton for the newer hardware and better breakfast particularly given that both hotels are in a similar price range during week days (HR seems cheaper on weekends).  However if comparing the value of having Globalist status at Hyatt and Diamond status at Hilton, the gap was reduced considerably because you can get a suite at HR upon availability and you possibly won’t at Hilton.  Also if you book with points, based an approximate valuation of Hyatt points being worth 3-4 times more than Hilton, it’s clear that booking at Hyatt will be materially cheaper than at Hilton, and even more so if you need parking because it will be free at Hyatt but not at Hilton.  So in many ways I found Hilton to be a better property, but if booking with points HR came out much cheaper and with the suite upgrade, HR was arguably the better value of the two properties.

Hyatt Regency Belgrade = Suite Upgrade but Mediocre Otherwise

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Belgrade?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
We just left after spending just under 6 weeks at this property and as always were really pleased with everything. We did the Work from Hyatt extended stay and at about 58eur/night it was a screaming deal. As globalists, we were upgraded to a corner suite on a floor that seemed to mostly house longer-term guests - well spaced out with a few rooms open in between. (I hate it when an empty hotel jams all the guests in one area).
The Staff there is top-notch. They are attentive, friendly, and professional.
Because the lounge is closed they offered us the alternative of breakfast in the restaurant or anything we wanted of the menu as room service for 1000 dinar ($10). We opted for room service and they knew our typical order on the 3rd day. They offered knock-and-go service so we could minimize contact.
We were quite confident in the way they were handling the covid situation. Staff wore correctly fitted masks 100% of the time, and they cleaned all common areas very regularly. Most guests were either wearing masks or were easy to avoid.
This hotel is older but it is really a lovely property. They have done some recent renovations to the Tea Room restaurant and some of the common areas. The rooms aren't super modern but they are well furnished and at least in the rooms we have stayed in were always in good condition. We have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:17 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any recent reports

Lounge still closed?
how are the items offered at breakfast in replacement for the lounge?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Lounge still closed?
how are the items offered at breakfast in replacement for the lounge?
I was all set to stay there next week, but now Serbia requires a PCR test within 48 hours if coming from most of Europe even if vaccinated. Decided to switch my plans.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:03 pm

Any recent stays to report?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by madderlake
Any recent stays to report?
Stayed three nights. I'm old friends with some staff so nice to see them. Lounge open with staff during the day. But a very dissapointing small evening spread served from behind plexiglass. Few options: wrap bites, caprese, bruschetta, cheese and olives. Not terrible but nothing like before covid. Full drinks available though. Breakfast normal in the restaurant. Sauna and rooms still good. They are renovating the non-club floors but noise wasn't bad.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkmatter
Stayed three nights. I'm old friends with some staff so nice to see them. Lounge open with staff during the day. But a very dissapointing small evening spread served from behind plexiglass. Few options: wrap bites, caprese, bruschetta, cheese and olives. Not terrible but nothing like before covid. Full drinks available though. Breakfast normal in the restaurant. Sauna and rooms still good. They are renovating the non-club floors but noise wasn't bad.
Thanks for the report, debating between staying here or the saint ten hotel. Solo trip so considering this as I don't want to splurge on points, but still want to be relatively close to touristy spots.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Thanks for the report, debating between staying here or the saint ten hotel. Solo trip so considering this as I don't want to splurge on points, but still want to be relatively close to touristy spots.
The trams and buses take Mastercard touch now. Pretty easy to get anywhere in 20 min from the Hyatt for 90 cents.
Warriorconcept and hann like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.