FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Coral Gables (Miami) FL REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/135482-hyatt-regency-coral-gables-miami-fl-review-master-thread.html)

777 global mile hound Feb 18, 2004 9:57 pm

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables (Miami) FL REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Seeking Stay experience at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.
Especially interested in Diamond treatment.
Thanks All

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k

TraveltheWorld Feb 18, 2004 10:17 pm

The hotel was decent. While others might find it classic, I found it in need of renovations compared to most other Hyatt properties. The surrounding areas is upscale and nice, with shops and restaurants within walking distance.

I received a junior suite on one stay and a regular room on the top floor another stay. The regular room had amazingly high ceilings, perhaps 30'. Unfortunately, the
rooms were a little dirty, carpet needed cleaning, sheets a little worn, etc.

Recognition of Diamond status was excellent, apologies were given for the lack of upgrades on the latter stay. The amenities were forgettable, as I don't recall what they were.

I'd stay there again, if only due my satisfaction with the Gold Passport program.

smilee Feb 18, 2004 11:04 pm

I agree with the above post, but would personally rate it higher. The area is nice but parking is expensive for some reason. Coral Gables is sort of in the middle of nowhere so a car is needed.

Diamond status makes the hotel even nicer then it is. I like the outdoor pool on the Second? floor. Staff is quite good at this hotel.

subdawg Feb 19, 2004 8:03 am

I just stayed there last month, and I agree with everyone. It's a bit worn, etc...the diamond treatment is pretty standard. The diamond amenity is wine/beer choice, and the fruit/cookies in addition to it. The breakfast was ok...they gave us breakfast coupons, but I don't think they had a continental breakfast buffet available. So we were comp'd about $8/person...which isn't much considering a glass of OJ is $4. That was a bit disappointing, but the server gave us a few extra glasses of juice w/o charging us.

SethLevy Feb 24, 2004 9:19 pm

I just stayed there last weekend and the hotel is fine. The rooms need updating, but were clean. I did not receive an upgrade, but was paying only $79 through a hyatt.com instant purchase rate. The diamond amenity was good, fruit and cheese and a full bottle of Cava (spanish champ). I would go back. It was on a weekend so i parked in front of the hotel (at a meter-no need to put coins in on weekend) for free. Many resturants in the area, lots of nightlife on saturday night. Stayed at the biltmore a year ago, lobby and pool excellent the rooms were small and of odd shapes.

trd Feb 25, 2004 9:59 am

I stayed twice last July -- was upgraded to nice suite once, very large room the other. Requested cheese plate both times, once was really great with huge selection of cheeses and large amts, the other (second) was very mundane -- I was expectly another great plate and it was very ordinary. I liked the hotel.

peter42 Mar 18, 2004 5:08 am

Parking at Coral Gables

What are the parking options at Coral Gables, especially affordable ones ?

pdb Mar 18, 2004 6:27 am

Parking meters are $0.25/15min. No need to feed meter on Sundays or--if my memory serves me correctly--from 10pm-9am.

Several covered, paid parking lots in the area.

Sears, Roebuck uncovered parking lot is roughly 1.5 blocks away and has open access.

HKG_Flyer1 Mar 20, 2004 1:12 am

I usually come in late and leave in the morning and take advantage of free on-street parking in front of the hotel.

chuck1 Jun 14, 2004 5:49 pm

Dissapointing Diamond Service at Coral Gables

I thought the Hyatt Coral Gables was suppose to be one of the better Hyatts.

On my recent stay, I received no Diamond recognition at all. I know their is no Regency Club, but I wasn't even offered an amenity. Other little problems like no bellmen, etc... made this hotel a dissapointment.

smilee Jun 14, 2004 5:59 pm

I was there three weeks ago and had pretty good service. The front desk clerk did not offer me my diamond ammenity, so I just asked her, and she appologized for not noticing I was diamond.

Cookies, good as always and a bottle of wine:)

Breakfast vouchers were also included as per usual when the hotel does not have a lounge.

IK in Seattle Jun 14, 2004 6:56 pm

Did you ask about your amenity and breakfast.

Originally Posted by chuck1

On my recent stay, I received no Diamond recognition at all. I know their is no Regency Club, but I wasn't even offered an amenity.

Did you ask about it? As smilee said, sometimes the desk clerk just not see it on the reservation and has to be informed of your status.

mmgm Jun 14, 2004 7:12 pm

junior suite

I have always been upgraded without asking to a junior suite[otherwise I would ask]

trd Jun 14, 2004 7:39 pm

Last summer on two stays I had one junior suite and one HUGE room, one cheese tray was the largest and best I have ever had at a Hyatt, the next visit I was expecting it again and got just a very regular tray -- but was given those upgraded rooms without asking.

NJUPINTHEAIR Jun 14, 2004 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1

On my recent stay, I received no Diamond recognition at all. I know their is no Regency Club, but I wasn't even offered an amenity. Other little problems like no bellmen, etc... made this hotel a dissapointment.

I'll admit that I stand up for my rights, but I don't understand what occurred here.

Did you tell them that you are supposed to get these things? Did you take the name of the person who was denying you these things?

Did you ask to speak to a manager and get his/her name?

If FT has taught us something, it is that these are the first things one should do if one cannot resolve the issue at the property, itself.

So, please do explain what occurred. :confused: