Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:57 am

I also can't understand the logic of GHTokyo for not twin . Will switch to Park Hyatt Tokyo then. PHTokyo states very clearly about its park suite twin and king, "This is a standard suite. See World of Hyatt program terms for upgrade eligibility."
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Tried a couple of days ago to use a TSU. Was told it's only good for Grand Executive King, not Twin. Twin was available not not King so they would not upgrade. Today a King Executive Suite became available and was able to upgrade into that.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by rebyang
I also can't understand the logic of GHTokyo for not twin . Will switch to Park Hyatt Tokyo then. PHTokyo states very clearly about its park suite twin and king, "This is a standard suite. See World of Hyatt program terms for upgrade eligibility."
Yes, and at GHT, there is no material difference apart from the bedding configuration.

The other way to look af it is, that they could be really strict and say that the “Grand Suite” were the upgrade category. So, it’s not ad good as it once was, but still a step in the right direction that they allow upgrades to Executive suites.

BTW, this hotel is only a good value if on a low corporate rate and/or suite upgraded. Otherwise, for the going daily rate, there are countless better options in Tokyo.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Tried a couple of days ago to use a TSU. Was told it's only good for Grand Executive King, not Twin. Twin was available not not King so they would not upgrade. Today a King Executive Suite became available and was able to upgrade into that.
was told on the phone that it is the grand suite.

I see grand executive suite king online.

Who and where are you guys getting this information and applying upgrades from?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:09 pm

It was just reconfirmed by my personal concierge today. “Grand Exec Suite Twin is available, but not King which is their suite upgrade category, so upgrade is unavailable.” Btw, Grand Suite King is available for my dates.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by maxinkuckee04
was told on the phone that it is the grand suite.

I see grand executive suite king online.

Who and where are you guys getting this information and applying upgrades from?
From the Globalist line. I'd call and try again with someone else. My experience was the same as FlyMan, Exec Twin and Grand Suite available but they could not upgrade into that. Exec King became available later and had no problem applying a TSU.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: CX, HYATT, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by rebyang
Interesting, different story. Just now, got reply from
My Hyatt Concierge that "The Grand Executive Suite King is the official suite when using suite upgrades at Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Since this suite is not available a suite upgrade cannot be applied."
I received the same information from the hotel last week - TSU upgrades to Grand Executive Suite King.

Very convenient for the hotel as there are no Grand Executive Suites available during my stay, but lots of availability for Grand Suite King.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CorporateTourist
I received the same information from the hotel last week - TSU upgrades to Grand Executive Suite King.

Very convenient for the hotel as there are no Grand Executive Suites available during my stay, but lots of availability for Grand Suite King.
In other words, the Grand Executive Suite King is a "standard" suite, while the presumably more pedestrian Grand Suite King counts as a "premium" suite.

This program has no shame.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:55 am

Grand Hyatt Tokyo - November 2017

My previous review where I had better luck with being upgraded to a Suite can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28763699-post1167.html

Check-in:
I arrived at around 0800h and checked in at the Grand Club. I was told that the hotel was quite full and there were no suites available apart from the Ambassador and Presidential Suites for which Globalists were ineligible for upgrades. I suggested using a Suite Upgrade voucher and for the lady to check with her management but she already cautioned that the Ambassador Suite costs more than JPY500,000 so was likely still ineligible. The management refused and I was put in the standard room.

Breakfast at Grand Club:
Globalists are ineligible for breakfast in the main restaurant which was disappointing given some other hotels (notably GH Kuala Lumpur, GH Bangkok) do allow this.

Standard Room:

Happy Hour - Day 1 (Indian night):

Happy Hour - Day 2 (Mexican night):

Indoor pool and gym:

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
That's some serious cost-cutting to be serving the fried rat this time of year. It's not a good season for it.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't know why some people think all GHs should offer restaurant breakfast. It's always been the exception to the rule even under GP. Just enjoy the few that do and pay for it when you want it.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:32 am

Breakfast at The French Kitchen is awful even if you pay for it. I would get in a taxi or walk to the Ritz-Carlton or Okura if I wanted a real breakfast.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:13 pm

Free parking on award stays?

Does anyone know if parking is free on award stays? Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
My first stay after SlashGate was impeccable. No upgrade, but the GM personally opened up a P+C rate for me at a time when rooms were going for 100,000 yen a night, so zero complaints from me on that front. The hotel as well as the surrounding Roppongi Hills area was quite festive for Christmas. I found the club lounge offerings better than usual; on Christmas Eve, the club lounge even put out whole roasted chickens.

Best of all, our car emerged from valet parking with no damage whatsoever!

So long as there's no status match to Globalist, and no use of Explorist Club Access passes on credit card free nights, this will probably be the only Hyatt I stay at going forward.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Staying here in two weeks. Anyone know of a good email address to reach out to the staff in advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.