Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I can confirm that in the past year when I using a DSU and also when using all points to book into a Grand Executive Twin that we had access to the club.
Awesome, thank you!

Sorry for such a newbie question but how many points is it to book a Grand Executive with points only?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Cubswin
I just booked 5 nights in June 2015 using Cash + Points and a Diamond Suite Upgrade Award and got confirmed to a Grand Executive King!

I read somewhere that booking the Grand Executive King gives me access to the Club and was wondering if that is accurate? If so, would complimentary breakfast be available too (I am a Platinum)?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, all of the above is correct Pretty amazing value on a cash & points booking, take a look at the rack rate for the Grand Executive Suites!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by Cubswin
Awesome, thank you!

Sorry for such a newbie question but how many points is it to book a Grand Executive with points only?
The GHT is a category 6 so currently it costs 40k points per night per the rewards chart. It used to be 33k. Plus there is a three night minimum stay when booking this.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ainternational
To clarify my comments, the staff members did not necessarily confirm the individual by name but expect a public announcement and visible new GM by October 1st.
What happened to that? Cold feet?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What happened to that? Cold feet?
Good question! I checked out days ago. Suggest one of you locals go by and ask. A "public announcement", as we know, doesn't necessarily mean a press release and parade, especially given the circumstances. More like he will be visible and staff will be aware I would guess.

Or he photographed at immigration like his recently posted headshot and was denied a visa.

PS - To stay on topic, this is still a fabulous hotel and GM politics should not influence your future stays, at least at this time given recent experiences by some of us regulars.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Do you smell what Dewire's cooking?

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
How long Prime Minister Abe stays at Nagomi?

July 20:
Arrived at Nagomi at 12:41
Arrived at private home at 16:30
June 1:
Arrived at Nagomi at 9:51
Arrived at private home at 13:10

September 13
Lunch at Shunbo with his secretaries

He appears to stay at Nagomi a bit longer than most people imagine.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:37 am

Mr Stephen Dewire is the new GM as of 1 Oct.

Last edited by IncyWincy; Oct 2, 2014 at 9:42 am Reason: correcting typing on small keyboard.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Mr Grewel is the new GM as of 1 Oct.
If so, then I will never trust the Austin Statesman again!

Does Mr. Grewel have a first name? The only Grewel connected with Hyatt that comes up in a cursory Google search is a female director in India.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:42 am

If so, then I will never trust the Austin Statesman again!

Does Mr. Grewel have a first name? The only Grewel connected with Hyatt that comes up in a cursory Google search is a female director in India.
Corrected typing. Mr. Dewire.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A more photogenic picture of the new GM, and the horse he rode in on.

http://002mag.com/002-profile-march-2012/
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
A more photogenic picture of the new GM, and the horse he rode in on.

http://002mag.com/002-profile-march-2012/
Hilariously put, but the article reads well and he seems to understand how to put the guest and their experiences first. Keep in mind that the GHT GM, generally a gaijin, is largely there as an interface to corporate accounts and foreign customers. The "Hotel Manager" (by title) is a long time native Japanese who is the primary POC for domestic contracts and customers and who has been in the position for many years IIRC, far more than Antonio or Christophe.

Thus perhaps this gun toting horse riding cowboy will be just fine in Tokyo, that is, if he an keep his pants on. One would surmise that Hyatt vetted this particular aspect a bit more thoroughly this time.

It'll be interesting to see if the new GM does; however implement any changes over the next year. I, for one, have a few suggestions.....
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Mr Stephen Dewire was publicly announced as new GM on October 6 (effective Oct 1).
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Details of the former GM's sordid conduct were revealed in a Japanese tabloid, some of which are translated here:

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2014/10...exual-assault/

I post this because some of those still working at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo were not "innocent" in all of this...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Has anyone had issues at this property booking as a Diamond for someone else to stay, and yourself never showing up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.