Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 11, 2024, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
1. To be very honest, I find the naming scheme to be very confusing. West Walk is a section of the overall Roppongi Hills complex. Most of the places are in the main “island” where Mori Tower and the Grand Hyatt are. There are also other attached buildings like “Metro Hat” and “Hollywood Beauty Plaza” which also have shops/restaurants. But the streets surrounding this “island” also have lots of shops/restaurants. And beyond that you get to Roppongi itself and the Midtown area.

This PDF will give you a better idea of what is available:

https://www.roppongihills.com/assets...alguide_en.pdf

2. The escalator that I mentioned you drops you off at the motor lobby. From there there, there are two entrances to the Grand Hyatt. The first one takes you to the “back” where there are elevators/escalators that take you to the ballrooms/meeting rooms. If you walk straight and then veer left, you’ll end up in the main lobby area and the other entrance where taxi’s are. If you walk a little further, then the second entrance from the motor lobby is there and that takes you directly to the front desk area.
Thanks, appreciate all that helpful info.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Mori tower lobby has some entrances/exits into the mall. If you can get to the Starbucks West Walk/2F (which is actually the ground level as the outside area with the spider, etc.) look for a corridor between Balenciaga and the boutique MUSE de Deuxieme Classe Roppongi Shop. At the end there will be an escalator. At the bottom, make a left and you’ll enter the covered motor lobby of the Grand Hyatt and you can then make another right into the hotel.
I think OP wanted to go in the other direction, but I'll just add that if heading to the hotel, I believe there is GH signage to get into that corridor, and there are definitely signs at the bottom of the escalator. That's actually the path that I took to get to the hotel from the Roppongi station (after entering the mall from the courtyard area to the north) before my first stay there without really knowing where the hotel entrance was precisely.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
I think OP wanted to go in the other direction, but I'll just add that if heading to the hotel, I believe there is GH signage to get into that corridor, and there are definitely signs at the bottom of the escalator. That's actually the path that I took to get to the hotel from the Roppongi station (after entering the mall from the courtyard area to the north) before my first stay there without really knowing where the hotel entrance was precisely.
You are right. I misread the direction.

If you are starting from the GH, then when you take the elevator down to the lobby, make a right to exit the elevator lobby, and then another right past the front desk. Once you exit you’ll be in the motor lobby. Make a left and go all the way to the end (you’ll see a valet parking desk against the wall). When you get there, make another left and you’ll see doors which lead you to another lobby like area. If you continue straight you’ll be in the street. If you make a right and take the escalator up, you’ll get to the corridor and walking to the end, you’ll get to the Starbucks and can access Mori Tower.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by econ
If you are in the elevators like from the main lobby going up to rooms/the Spa I believe level 5 or 6 leads you out to a couryard/atrium type feel, with a couple restaurants. If you keep going past that I am in the shops/mall yes? But is that the same mall/shops/builidng for connecting to Mori Tower?

Regardless, I absolutely missed this quicker way to get from the hotel to Mori & never saw any escalator. I didnt even see this Italian restaurant, its in the main lobby? Its possible the extreme heat of that amazing sauna and 105 degrees jacuzzi left me a bit out of it
You are right. I misread the direction.

If you are starting from the GH, then when you take the elevator down to the lobby, make a right to exit the elevator lobby, and then another right past the front desk. Once you exit you’ll be in the motor lobby. Make a left and go all the way to the end (you’ll see a valet parking desk against the wall). When you get there, make another left and you’ll see doors which lead you to another lobby like area. If you continue straight you’ll be in the street. If you make a right and take the escalator up, you’ll get to the corridor and walking to the end, you’ll get to the Starbucks and can access Mori Tower.
Yes what you just described is exactly what I wanted. I will follow that next week, thanks so much. Still not sure I picture the big picture on all this but I am sure once I am back it will make more sense this time.

Btw, also got lost coming back at night from walking around Roppongi. Like coming back from Roppongi crossing I could never figure out where the left turn was to get to the hotel. Obviously its on your left when walking from the main/huge intersection but you cant ever actually see the GH. Any short cut/trick on just finding the GH when on foot coming from Roppongi Crossing?

FWIW I sound like a total novice I am sure but I did figure out and successfull navigate the complicated subway system so that was at least a positive.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jun 12, 2024 at 12:24 am
Old Jun 12, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
If you are in the elevators like from the main lobby going up to rooms/the Spa I believe level 5 or 6 leads you out to a couryard/atrium type feel, with a couple restaurants. If you keep going past that I am in the shops/mall yes? But is that the same mall/shops/builidng for connecting to Mori Tower?
Yes. Though access to the Mori tower from the other floors can be restricted and only accessible if you are an office resident and have a badge to enter through the gates.

Regardless, I absolutely missed this quicker way to get from the hotel to Mori & never saw any escalator. I didnt even see this Italian restaurant, its in the main lobby? Its possible the extreme heat of that amazing sauna and 105 degrees jacuzzi left me a bit out of it
Yes, Florentina is in the lobby and as you exit the passenger elevator lobby directly facing you. They have a “boutique” to get grab-n-go pastries to your left, next to the business center.

Yes what you just described is exactly what I wanted. I will follow that next week, thanks so much. Still not sure I picture the big picture on all this but I am sure once I am back it will make more sense this time.
👍🏻

Btw, also got lost coming back at night from walking around Roppongi. Like coming back from Roppongi crossing I could never figure out where the left turn was to get to the hotel. Obviously its on your left when walking from the main/huge intersection but you cant ever actually see the GH. Any short cut/trick on just finding the GH when on foot coming from Roppongi Crossing?
If you are coming along Roppongi-Dori, there are two sets of escalators/stairs that will take you up to the area outside Mori Tower and from there you can enter the mall and then take the corridor to the escalators. A little but of up and down, but for me that is the most straightforward way. The two landmarks I look for is the “Top Hat” building or the chimney structure with the circles on the side.

FWIW I sound like a total novice I am sure but I did figure out and successfull navigate the complicated subway system so that was at least a positive.
Imagine how things were for visitors before iPhones, Maps, Translate app, etc.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Imagine how things were for visitors before iPhones, Maps, Translate app, etc.
Roppongi Hills opened in 2003, when all this stuff was still in its infancy. For a long time, the complex gave people vertigo in trying to navigate, maps or no maps.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 10:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Grand Hyatt Tokyo has a 3rd night free through Hyatt Prive for stays through September 15th. This comes with all Prive benefits including the $100 USD credit, confirmed one category upgrade and daily breakfast for two.
Travelchurner likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.