Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:13 am

longe access procedure??

I'm at the GH Berlin on FFNs, and my key works for the club floor.
On checkin I have asked about an upgrade and was told that it would take (as for others) E90 per night (!!!).
I declined, and my folio does not show any charge for this.

So, why does my key work in the elevator for club floor? Did I just get a freebie??
Or do they check/ask for room number?? Don't want to take a chance on E90 for a few drinks and what it looks like nice food...it's not THAT nice
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:28 am
Community Director Emerita

I can't remember for that specific hotel - but I have typically been asked for my room number on using an executive lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ftfan
On checkin I have asked about an upgrade and was told that it would take (as for others) E90 per night (!!!).

So, why does my key work in the elevator for club floor? Did I just get a freebie??
Or do they check/ask for room number?? Don't want to take a chance on E90 for a few drinks and what it looks like nice food...it's not THAT nice

hi,

yes, in Berlin they ask for name and/or Room if you visit the club. they dont ask everytime, but they sure do!

as far as i can remember every key gives you access to every floor, so no special treatment for you there
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:20 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ftfan

Keys work on the club floor because in order to get to the Gym/Spa, you need to take a separate elevator on the Club floor to go up.

As for the lounge, they do sometime ask for your room number to verify that you are eligible. For 90 Euro to the club, it would not be worth it for one person.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:47 pm

back..

Hi ,
back from another stay at the GH Berlin, check in smooth, got no room on club floor, but access. food was nice. nice as always... till saturday evening/ sunday morning. hotel was crowded in front, inside and the main garage was packed. Why? Britney Spears in the house. She had breakfest with us at the club, though almost nobody recognized her( mostly elderly people there) .
She looked just like a "normal" person, behaved normal. But always people around her. i would never ever want to change with her!.
But, again Hotel was great!
Had dinner at Vox ! i would rate it as a a one Star dinner.

best regards
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Hi ,
back from another stay at the GH Berlin, check in smooth, got no room on club floor, but access. food was nice. nice as always...
The hotel is very good at giving Diamond room on the Club Floor... If they don't assign one, Just ask if a Club floor is available and they always accommodate.. There is not much difference between a club and non club room other than a small tv in the washroom for the club room. Also the lounge is on the club floor, so no need to get on the elevator to get to lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:05 am

I'm Diamond and got an upgrade to a Grand Deluxe room. But the Diamond-Benefits were quite miserable: a few grapes, 3 little apricots and 1 Banana.

This is my first post, it's difficult for me to write in english ...
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Raustral
I'm Diamond and got an upgrade to a Grand Deluxe room. But the Diamond-Benefits were quite miserable: a few grapes, 3 little apricots and 1 Banana.

This is my first post, it's difficult for me to write in english ...
Welcome to FT! Your English is fine.....

The fruit plate is miserable at this hotel.. At least you received a variety of fruits.. Everytime I am there, I get 3 apples as my Diamond gift... Can't complain though, as I can go to the LOUNGE and take as many fruits as I need.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Raustral
Welcome to FlyerTalk! As a diamond, you should have received:
  • Access to executive lounge
  • Free internet
  • Free breakfast (served in lounge, since property has one)

Did you get these benefits?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:45 pm

Yes, I got access to the lounge and had breakfast, snacks and beverages. But when I stayed in Hamburg I got as Benefit a bottle of red wine, delicious sweeties and a fruit bowl. From there I was disappointed about the Benefits in Berlin.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I have just left the GH. I used points for a suite which was terrific. But the evening snacks have deteriorated terribly.
There is the same salad and rolls every night and 2 other cold dishes that I usually could not identify.
The food used to be excellent.
I believe even Cologne is better. I am now at the PH Hamburg and the food is much better.
The RC staffs at all 3 are wonderfully attentive.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Just back from another stay at the GHB - another terrific experience. Things went wrong in the beginning with different family members checking in at different times and it was the deputy GM who delivered a masterpiece of how to demonstrate appreciation to loyal guests - very pleased.

GHB hired a new front office manager form the PH Vendome - a very nice lady, expect mork Park Hyatt elegance at the GHB!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by mmgm
I have just left the GH. I used points for a suite which was terrific. But the evening snacks have deteriorated terribly.
There is the same salad and rolls every night and 2 other cold dishes that I usually could not identify.
The food used to be excellent.
I believe even Cologne is better. I am now at the PH Hamburg and the food is much better.
The RC staffs at all 3 are wonderfully attentive.
Hi,
+1
they USED to have great selection at the club in the evening, now reduced to 2 small plates...didnt like it at all.! a big downgrade. stayed there from 10.10.-12.10...
hope they will come back!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 3:07 am

Would you happen to know the name of manager transfered from PH Vendome?

Originally Posted by SMK77
Just back from another stay at the GHB - another terrific experience. Things went wrong in the beginning with different family members checking in at different times and it was the deputy GM who delivered a masterpiece of how to demonstrate appreciation to loyal guests - very pleased.

GHB hired a new front office manager form the PH Vendome - a very nice lady, expect mork Park Hyatt elegance at the GHB!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SMK77

Could you describe the lounge offerings in the morning and evening since other posters above have indicated that they have seriously cut back on nightly offerings? Danke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.