Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The property is compliant with the rules. You can breakfast in the lounge or pay 20€ per person for a rate that includes restaurant breakfast (or book a Prive rate as suggested upthread).
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Years back the Waldorf Astoria in Berlin tried forcing Hilton Gold and Diamond members to only have a very limited and crappy continental breakfast sitting at bar stools and denying them the full buffet. People got pissed off, went elsewhere, and the Waldorf had to reverse that stupid policy.

I can see the Grand Hyatt having to learn this same lesson the hard way.
I can not see why. The rules are clear. It was a given benefit for some years, to get the Full BF, now they changed back.
Of course, its not so nice, but thats what it is. And of course you can for sure up-pay.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Can someone confirm if the lounge at least offers scrambled eggs? I don’t think a property that is only offering hard boiled eggs to Globalists is operating within the spirit of the program. Seems like even most US properties offer scrambled eggs…
Old Jun 27, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Can someone confirm if the lounge at least offers scrambled eggs? I don’t think a property that is only offering hard boiled eggs to Globalists is operating within the spirit of the program. Seems like even most US properties offer scrambled eggs…
I am currently at the hotel. I can confirm breakfast is just in the lounge. There are no scrambled eggs. The breakfast offerings is barebones: cheeses, cold ham, fruit, yogurt etc. The only warm food is crispy bacon, rotating vegetable (tomato, red pepper), and hard boiled eggs. Warmed up under a heat lamp. It is shame I missed out on the Vox breakfast.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Globalist on points
I am currently at the hotel. I can confirm breakfast is just in the lounge. There are no scrambled eggs. The breakfast offerings is barebones: cheeses, cold ham, fruit, yogurt etc. The only warm food is crispy bacon, rotating vegetable (tomato, red pepper), and hard boiled eggs. Warmed up under a heat lamp. It is shame I missed out on the Vox breakfast.
That is an incredibly egregious and stingy lounge breakfast offering for a supposedly premium Hyatt. Shame on them. Thank you for reporting.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Even as someone that doesn't normally fixate on breakfast as a key Globalist amenity, I will say that the Vox breakfast I had in April was vastly superior to the lounge offerings. This is not a small step down in amenity. That being said, I value the rest of the property highly enough that I would probably still stay there again if I had another trip to Berlin.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 1:57 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
So Sad!

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That is an incredibly egregious and stingy lounge breakfast offering for a supposedly premium Hyatt. Shame on them. Thank you for reporting.
This is Bad, I was thinking about staying there again.Good location and all. Oh well Marriott nearby is not looking that Bad now.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 4:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Glad I have a suite in November or I would go somewhere else.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 6:44 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Glad I have a suite in November or I would go somewhere else.
I've actually been staying elsewhere since the start of the year. Usually had 3-4 stays a year at GH or the nearby Marriott, but recently switched to the IC. It's really a fabulous hotel. As Diamond Amb, upgrades are to (large) junior suites overlooking the zoo garden and core of old West Berlin. The IHG Lounge Pass yields access to the excellent club lounge with delicious made-to order dinner snacks (cold and hot), rose and brut champagne, and a far above average selection of spirits. Restaurant breakfast is available as Diamond benefit choice, and also available as a choice for club guests (whether paid or via Lounge Pass). If you opt for breakfast in the club, there's a small buffet with hot and cold options, plus a menu at the table allowing you to order eggs/pancakes/etc as well as champagne. I always found GH Berlin a middling hotel without strong upgrades -- often found myself in standard or slightly upgraded rooms, and I don't like the base suites. The typical "there are so few Hyatts in Europe, if there's one, gotta stay there to pick up the stay credit" compromise. Not gonna miss it.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 9:51 pm

I emailed my concierge with a strongly worded complaint about the recent reports. Requested being connected with the GH Berlin GM, who confirmed via email that Globalists can continue to eat breakfast at VOX (rather than the skimpy, watered-down lounge). If the hotel is denying proper breakfast benefit, would ask to speak directly to the GM. "I have checked your booking and can confirm that all is in good order and a Grand View Suite is booked for you. Concerning the breakfast and other Globalist privileges I can confirm that Grand Hyatt Berlin is honoring these benefits as we always have done. This includes the option to have breakfast at our VOX Restaurant. I hope this is helpful for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. With best regards form Berlin."
Old Jun 29, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by santamonicajames
I emailed my concierge with a strongly worded complaint about the recent reports. Requested being connected with the GH Berlin GM, who confirmed via email that Globalists can continue to eat breakfast at VOX (rather than the skimpy, watered-down lounge). If the hotel is denying proper breakfast benefit, would ask to speak directly to the GM. "I have checked your booking and can confirm that all is in good order and a Grand View Suite is booked for you. Concerning the breakfast and other Globalist privileges I can confirm that Grand Hyatt Berlin is honoring these benefits as we always have done. This includes the option to have breakfast at our VOX Restaurant. I hope this is helpful for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. With best regards form Berlin."
Great News. THANKS
Old Jun 30, 2024, 1:49 am

A couple of weeks ago, I spoke with the director of rooms. He mentioned that since I was staying in a suite, I would have access to the Vox restaurant. However, he suggested that for future stays in a regular room, I should book the breakfast rate. I wonder how many people complained?!
Old Jun 30, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by santamonicajames
Are you sure that the GM is confirming you are getting the free breakfast in the restaurant just because you have a SUITE room, and not because because you are a globalist member ?
Old Jun 30, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Are you sure that the GM is confirming you are getting the free breakfast in the restaurant just because you have a SUITE room, and not because because you are a globalist member ?
My thoughts exactly.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
My thoughts exactly.
Followed up and confirmed in writing that the breakfast restaurant is complimentary for Globalists.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.