Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:35 am
  #736  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 57,201
The property is compliant with the rules. You can breakfast in the lounge or pay 20€ per person for a rate that includes restaurant breakfast (or book a Prive rate as suggested upthread).
Kacee is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:46 am
  #737  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Posts: 610
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Years back the Waldorf Astoria in Berlin tried forcing Hilton Gold and Diamond members to only have a very limited and crappy continental breakfast sitting at bar stools and denying them the full buffet. People got pissed off, went elsewhere, and the Waldorf had to reverse that stupid policy.

I can see the Grand Hyatt having to learn this same lesson the hard way.
I can not see why. The rules are clear. It was a given benefit for some years, to get the Full BF, now they changed back.
Of course, its not so nice, but thats what it is. And of course you can for sure up-pay.
Onewhoknows is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2024, 12:33 pm
  #738  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Posts: 5,837
Can someone confirm if the lounge at least offers scrambled eggs? I don’t think a property that is only offering hard boiled eggs to Globalists is operating within the spirit of the program. Seems like even most US properties offer scrambled eggs…
ElevatorEnthusiast is online now  
Old Jun 27, 2024, 9:58 am
  #739  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Can someone confirm if the lounge at least offers scrambled eggs? I don’t think a property that is only offering hard boiled eggs to Globalists is operating within the spirit of the program. Seems like even most US properties offer scrambled eggs…
I am currently at the hotel. I can confirm breakfast is just in the lounge. There are no scrambled eggs. The breakfast offerings is barebones: cheeses, cold ham, fruit, yogurt etc. The only warm food is crispy bacon, rotating vegetable (tomato, red pepper), and hard boiled eggs. Warmed up under a heat lamp. It is shame I missed out on the Vox breakfast.
Globalist on points is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2024, 11:02 am
  #740  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Posts: 5,837
Originally Posted by Globalist on points
I am currently at the hotel. I can confirm breakfast is just in the lounge. There are no scrambled eggs. The breakfast offerings is barebones: cheeses, cold ham, fruit, yogurt etc. The only warm food is crispy bacon, rotating vegetable (tomato, red pepper), and hard boiled eggs. Warmed up under a heat lamp. It is shame I missed out on the Vox breakfast.
That is an incredibly egregious and stingy lounge breakfast offering for a supposedly premium Hyatt. Shame on them. Thank you for reporting.
ElevatorEnthusiast is online now  
Old Jun 27, 2024, 11:40 am
  #741  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 86
Even as someone that doesn't normally fixate on breakfast as a key Globalist amenity, I will say that the Vox breakfast I had in April was vastly superior to the lounge offerings. This is not a small step down in amenity. That being said, I value the rest of the property highly enough that I would probably still stay there again if I had another trip to Berlin.
nenbeely is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2024, 1:57 am
  #742  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: USA
Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Posts: 149
So Sad!

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That is an incredibly egregious and stingy lounge breakfast offering for a supposedly premium Hyatt. Shame on them. Thank you for reporting.
This is Bad, I was thinking about staying there again.Good location and all. Oh well Marriott nearby is not looking that Bad now.
TRANSWORLDMARINE is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2024, 4:51 am
  #743  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,432
Glad I have a suite in November or I would go somewhere else.
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2024, 6:44 am
  #744  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,976
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Glad I have a suite in November or I would go somewhere else.
I've actually been staying elsewhere since the start of the year. Usually had 3-4 stays a year at GH or the nearby Marriott, but recently switched to the IC. It's really a fabulous hotel. As Diamond Amb, upgrades are to (large) junior suites overlooking the zoo garden and core of old West Berlin. The IHG Lounge Pass yields access to the excellent club lounge with delicious made-to order dinner snacks (cold and hot), rose and brut champagne, and a far above average selection of spirits. Restaurant breakfast is available as Diamond benefit choice, and also available as a choice for club guests (whether paid or via Lounge Pass). If you opt for breakfast in the club, there's a small buffet with hot and cold options, plus a menu at the table allowing you to order eggs/pancakes/etc as well as champagne. I always found GH Berlin a middling hotel without strong upgrades -- often found myself in standard or slightly upgraded rooms, and I don't like the base suites. The typical "there are so few Hyatts in Europe, if there's one, gotta stay there to pick up the stay credit" compromise. Not gonna miss it.
jpdx is offline  
Old Jun 29, 2024, 9:51 pm
  #745  
 
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 2
I emailed my concierge with a strongly worded complaint about the recent reports. Requested being connected with the GH Berlin GM, who confirmed via email that Globalists can continue to eat breakfast at VOX (rather than the skimpy, watered-down lounge). If the hotel is denying proper breakfast benefit, would ask to speak directly to the GM. "I have checked your booking and can confirm that all is in good order and a Grand View Suite is booked for you. Concerning the breakfast and other Globalist privileges I can confirm that Grand Hyatt Berlin is honoring these benefits as we always have done. This includes the option to have breakfast at our VOX Restaurant. I hope this is helpful for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. With best regards form Berlin."
santamonicajames is offline  
Old Jun 29, 2024, 10:28 pm
  #746  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Hyatt diamond
Posts: 646
Originally Posted by santamonicajames
I emailed my concierge with a strongly worded complaint about the recent reports. Requested being connected with the GH Berlin GM, who confirmed via email that Globalists can continue to eat breakfast at VOX (rather than the skimpy, watered-down lounge). If the hotel is denying proper breakfast benefit, would ask to speak directly to the GM. "I have checked your booking and can confirm that all is in good order and a Grand View Suite is booked for you. Concerning the breakfast and other Globalist privileges I can confirm that Grand Hyatt Berlin is honoring these benefits as we always have done. This includes the option to have breakfast at our VOX Restaurant. I hope this is helpful for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. With best regards form Berlin."
Great News. THANKS
suite2suite is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2024, 1:49 am
  #747  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,432
A couple of weeks ago, I spoke with the director of rooms. He mentioned that since I was staying in a suite, I would have access to the Vox restaurant. However, he suggested that for future stays in a regular room, I should book the breakfast rate. I wonder how many people complained?!
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2024, 8:31 am
  #748  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Europe
Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Posts: 1,466
Originally Posted by santamonicajames
I emailed my concierge with a strongly worded complaint about the recent reports. Requested being connected with the GH Berlin GM, who confirmed via email that Globalists can continue to eat breakfast at VOX (rather than the skimpy, watered-down lounge). If the hotel is denying proper breakfast benefit, would ask to speak directly to the GM. "I have checked your booking and can confirm that all is in good order and a Grand View Suite is booked for you. Concerning the breakfast and other Globalist privileges I can confirm that Grand Hyatt Berlin is honoring these benefits as we always have done. This includes the option to have breakfast at our VOX Restaurant. I hope this is helpful for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. With best regards form Berlin."
Are you sure that the GM is confirming you are getting the free breakfast in the restaurant just because you have a SUITE room, and not because because you are a globalist member ?
est-gratuite is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2024, 8:37 am
  #749  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,432
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Are you sure that the GM is confirming you are getting the free breakfast in the restaurant just because you have a SUITE room, and not because because you are a globalist member ?
My thoughts exactly.
kauppias likes this.
TravisMT81 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2024, 12:09 pm
  #750  
 
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
My thoughts exactly.
Followed up and confirmed in writing that the breakfast restaurant is complimentary for Globalists.
santamonicajames is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.