Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 1, 2008, 8:21 am
  #46  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,353
Thumbs up Great Hotel

What a great hotel... expensive but well worth it. Location is perfect, and the service is impeccable! Stepped out of the cab, and was immediately escorted to checkin and then escorted up to the room. As a Diamond, was upgraded to the Club floor on the 7th floor. Room is very nice. Diamond amenity include a bowl of fruit.
ACfly is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2008, 2:48 pm
  #47  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 24,153
Originally Posted by ACfly
What a great hotel... expensive but well worth it. Location is perfect, and the service is impeccable! Stepped out of the cab, and was immediately escorted to checkin and then escorted up to the room. As a Diamond, was upgraded to the Club floor on the 7th floor. Room is very nice. Diamond amenity include a bowl of fruit.
So you were the one my friend met this afternoon Sat 3\1. I was there Thurs night moved to The Marriott last night and over to the Westin tommorrow night. I should have stayed put!

However the Ritz Carlton across from the Hyatt has a lobby that puts the Hyatt to shame, real CLASSY
craz is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:10 pm
  #48  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,353
Originally Posted by craz
So you were the one my friend met this afternoon Sat 3\1. I was there Thurs night moved to The Marriott last night and over to the Westin tommorrow night. I should have stayed put!
Not sure if we met.. though I did hear a group of three folks intensively talking about Starwood/Hyatt programs and another gentleman (joining in) and wanting to get upgraded to the Daimler suite.

I also heard that you should avoid the Westin right now, as they are going through some renovation.
ACfly is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:58 am
  #49  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,854
Has anyone stayed at both the Hilton and the Hyatt, and have an opinion of one versus the other? It has been some years since I have been at the Hilton, and I've never stayed at the Hyatt. I like the Hilton location just a few blocks from some notable museums.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:12 am
  #50  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Posts: 12,172
The Hilton is dated in comparison to the Hyatt in my view. Although the staff in the lounges are both very good. Personally I prefer the Hyatt but the Hilton is often better value.
Markie is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:16 pm
  #51  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 10,229
Originally Posted by Markie
The Hilton is dated in comparison to the Hyatt in my view. Although the staff in the lounges are both very good. Personally I prefer the Hyatt but the Hilton is often better value.
I totally agree.
There is simply no comparison.The rooms and hallways at the Hilton are tired & depressing IMO.Though I like the location of the Hilton a little better.
The Hyatt in Berlin is up there with the best of them in or out of the Hyatt galaxy.
When ones uses a Hyatt Premier stay certificate to book all or part of their stay I would have to say the value would be exceptional and simply hard to beat....
Unless there has been a cat change of late

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 23, 2008 at 12:02 am
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:14 pm
  #52  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,854
Given that two men whom I know and respect have given me the same advice, I'd be foolish to not take it. I've canceled my Hilton reservation and made one at the Hyatt.

Is the Hyatt good about giving diamonds upgrades to the club floor when using stay certs? I've just checked. The hotel is still a Premier level, and the night I want is available.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 22, 2008 at 8:37 pm Reason: Added info after researching stay certs
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:08 am
  #53  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 10,229
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Given that two men whom I know and respect have given me the same advice, I'd be foolish to not take it. I've canceled my Hilton reservation and made one at the Hyatt.

Is the Hyatt good about giving diamonds upgrades to the club floor when using stay certs? I've just checked. The hotel is still a Premier level, and the night I want is available.
In our single stay experience of April 07 yes^
The RC ranks up there in quality too
The Austrian preserves in the AM are excellent

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 23, 2008 at 12:17 am
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:53 am
  #54  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Posts: 12,172
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is the Hyatt good about giving diamonds upgrades to the club floor when using stay certs? I've just checked. The hotel is still a Premier level, and the night I want is available.
Yes, I have never had a problem getting in to the lounge even on award stays. My last stay was during the Berlin Film Festival which was right next door to the hotel. So whilst they could not get me on the RC/Grand Club floor, they gave me access without asking. Basically, they ignore the silly 'not on the floor no access' rule Hyatt introduced for the international hotels some time ago.^
Markie is offline  
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:55 am
  #55  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,854
I just had a very nice and all too brief stay at the Berlin Hyatt.

First, the location - can't be beat. It's terrific for a tourist, with much in just a few blocks walk.

The hotel - very stylish, with very hospitable staff. We were given a room on the 7th (club) floor. The room is compact, with a very well designed bathroom. We were given a generous bowl of fresh fruit. The lounge is excellent. It is intimate, just 6 tables or so, and a couple sitting areas. There is a computer for free use; otherwise, even wireless in the lounge can only be done for a charge. The staff is superb, particularly the lady from Kazakhstan who has worked there for 10 years.

We would happily return, hopefully for a longer stay.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2008, 3:10 am
  #56  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,353
Another big fan of the GH Berlin... ^^

The service in general is very good... I was upgrade to the presidential suite two weeks ago - the Daimler suite with the baby grand piano, a private kitchen with a well stocked Fridge, a fire place, and B&O entertainment system that was too technical for my taste. It was over the top!

The RCC Lounge is very good and the service is outstanding.

The use of mini-bar is complimentary for all suites.. And with suites... complimentary use of hotel limo.

They just opened a new restaurant - more like a tappa restaurant (except it's fusion).
ACfly is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:30 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Posts: 609
upgrade

upgrade to the presidential suite ??????

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Onewhoknows is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:15 am
  #58  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
Posts: 327
Ic Berlin or Grand Hyatt Berlin?

Intercontinental Berlin or Grand Hyatt berlin:

Intercontinental in a superior room. Should get upgrade to delux room as i am a Royal ambassador. The advantage is the free minibar but it looks like the location is abit out of the way and the design of the hotel looks abit traditional and dated.

The alternative is hyatt which the room looks more modern and the bar looks better but the price will be around 1/3 more or even double (as i have a weekend cert for the IC)

Are the rooms at the ic very dated and can you walk to attractions from the ic- thoughts appreciated- i think staying in a dated room could spoil our stay... but if we got upgraded to their refurbished rooms the ic seems a steal..
dreamytraveller is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:53 am
  #59  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: los angeles
Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Posts: 1,898
I
Originally Posted by dreamytraveller
Intercontinental Berlin or Grand Hyatt berlin:

Intercontinental in a superior room. Should get upgrade to delux room as i am a Royal ambassador. The advantage is the free minibar but it looks like the location is abit out of the way and the design of the hotel looks abit traditional and dated.

The alternative is hyatt which the room looks more modern and the bar looks better but the price will be around 1/3 more or even double (as i have a weekend cert for the IC)

Are the rooms at the ic very dated and can you walk to attractions from the ic- thoughts appreciated- i think staying in a dated room could spoil our stay... but if we got upgraded to their refurbished rooms the ic seems a steal..
I have changed to the IC from the Hyatt. I prefer the rooms- especially the Deluxe rooms. You might email the hotel to ensure a refurbished room. They are qute accommodating. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Zoo station which is quite convenient.

Last edited by mmgm; Aug 25, 2008 at 8:56 am Reason: Hit the button too soon.
mmgm is offline  
Old Aug 28, 2008, 7:41 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,453
Originally Posted by ACfly
Another big fan of the GH Berlin... ^^

The service in general is very good... I was upgrade to the presidential suite two weeks ago - the Daimler suite with the baby grand piano, a private kitchen with a well stocked Fridge, a fire place, and B&O entertainment system that was too technical for my taste. It was over the top!

The RCC Lounge is very good and the service is outstanding.

The use of mini-bar is complimentary for all suites.. And with suites... complimentary use of hotel limo.

They just opened a new restaurant - more like a tappa restaurant (except it's fusion).

Limo was denied to us, since it was a certificate stay...
peter42 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.