Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I often prefer a courtyard room in many hotels, but I also like to keep curtains open and walk around the room naked. At the GHB, this is a problem with courtyard rooms!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I often prefer a courtyard room in many hotels, but I also like to keep curtains open and walk around the room naked. At the GHB, this is a problem with courtyard rooms!
Also good to know. I usually stay at the Westin, and there the courtyard view is both quiet and private.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:57 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by heakja
Thanks for the input. Sounds crazy, I know, but too many times "view" = view to a noisy Plaza or busy street = no sleep for me

Good to know, thanks!
It is worth to add that the surcharge of XX€ for the "view" sometimes just delivers a room which may face to a former musical theatre or another non spectacular view.

So in comparison to the "Cathedral view" of Hyatt Cologne it is nothing to write home about.

This surcharge may be better invested in food and beverage.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:59 am
Suspended

I never liked the Westin...only stayed there twice and found the rooms poorly laid out and small. Great location, but overpriced for what it is. Breakfast there feels like a feeding trough at a company canteen!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by gum
It is worth to add that the surcharge of XX€ for the "view" sometimes just delivers a room which may face to a former musical theatre or another non spectacular view.

So in comparison to the "Cathedral view" of Hyatt Cologne it is nothing to write home about.

This surcharge may be better invested in food and beverage.
As I understand it, the Grand View Suite is about 20 m2 bigger than the Grand Suite. That is the motivating factor, not the view.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:39 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
As I understand it, the Grand View Suite is about 20 m2 bigger than the Grand Suite. That is the motivating factor, not the view.
Correct it is a real suite, with two reasonable sized rooms, instead of an divided large room.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by peter42

@Small surcharge - GP confirmed to us in writing, that the surcharge is fully at the decision of the hotel, it can be the rate differnce betwenn the GS and the GVS (65€) or any other amount, we were quotex 2XX€, others even more.
I just heard back from the hotel, and their surcharge offer is either 150 euro per night for a Grand View Suite or 500 euro per night for a Grand Executive Suite. I think this was a bit expensive, I might just keep my (not-so-) Grand Suite.

Last edited by heakja; Apr 28, 2016 at 8:59 am
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:00 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
I just heard back from the hotel, and their surcharge offer is either 150 euro per night for a Grand View Suite or 500 euro per night for a Grand Executive Suite. I think this was a bit expensive, I might just keep my (not-so-) Grand Suite.
Good choice. ^
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
On one stay, my room (not suite) had a view of the nearby Philharmonie. Given the location and the relatively low building, that may be the extent of available views.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

There really are no great views from that hotel full stop. Just go to the pool.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There really are no great views from that hotel full stop.
Berlin's not much of a view city. Sofitel and Hilton on Gendarmenmarkt. Maybe one or two properties on the river, such as the Melia. Maybe the W/A with a view of the Tiergarten. And probably a handful of others that I'm not familiar with.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
Berlin's not much of a view city. Sofitel and Hilton on Gendarmenmarkt. Maybe one or two properties on the river, such as the Melia. Maybe the W/A with a view of the Tiergarten. And probably a handful of others that I'm not familiar with.
Not from on high, but from lower levels it can be quite impressive. My point is that I wouldn't pay for a view at the GH. Adlon might be a bit different.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not from on high, but from lower levels it can be quite impressive. My point is that I wouldn't pay for a view at the GH. Adlon might be a bit different.
And to clarify, I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way, just a general comment that with a few exceptions, Berlin's not a city where I would expect much of a view from the hotel.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Regret to report some subtle changes in the Grand Suite minibar on this recent stay:

- Pilsner urquell replaced with Berliner Kindl (now 4 in total), painful
- only one chocolate, either dark/orange or milk, but no longer both
- no more Mars bar and no more Pringles

The chocolate I observed in my last stay already, whether or not the others are permanent changes remains to be seen. That said, it's still a pretty decent selection overall.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by gum
Good choice. ^
BTW, is there a real door between the bedroom and living room? Its kind of hard to tell from the hotel's pictures of the grand suite...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.