Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Correct on the couch - for some reason the larger suite has the smaller couch.

I don't remember a fee for the extra bed, but better to check with the hotel.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Two quick questions:

1) Is the minibar free in the Grand Suite when using a DSU?

2) If so, is the minibar sufficiently stocked to have a few frends over for a civilized drink (or two) before going out?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Two quick questions:

1) Is the minibar free in the Grand Suite when using a DSU?

2) If so, is the minibar sufficiently stocked to have a few frends over for a civilized drink (or two) before going out?
1. yes

2. The selection is very limited. There are a few mini bottles and that's it. The suite is also *very* small and not well suited for entertaining. You'd be sitting on top of each other.

You'd be better off having a drink in the bar downstairs.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
1. yes

2. The selection is very limited. There are a few mini bottles and that's it. The suite is also *very* small and not well suited for entertaining. You'd be sitting on top of each other.

You'd be better off having a drink in the bar downstairs.
Do they no longer do the wet bar with decanters? Haven't been for a couple of years so quite likely I suppose...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The suite you're going to get with a DSU will not be suitable for entertaining a few guests. I strongly suggest going to the VOX bar downstairs (which has an excellent spirits selection, if that's your thing). The club lounge is not really a knees-up place either, and you will not be tempted to stay there long.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:14 pm

Here are a couple of pictures of the free stuff in a Grand Suite. These are from about a year ago.

Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlugE
Here are a couple of pictures of the free stuff in a Grand Suite. These are from about a year ago.
Thanks!^

Based on your photos it seems we could enjoy:

- two beers
- two vodka-Red Bull / OJ
- two Gin& Tonic

...and whatever is in the decanters.

And possibel some (semi-drinkable?) wine??
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
The pictures below show the contents of the complimentary minibar. These are from November 2015 to my knowledge nothing has changed. My stay earlier this month in the Grand Suite View had the same selections plus some more snacks.

The decanters are filled with:

Campari
Gin
Whiskey
Wodka

So a drink or two should be no problem. Just remember the living area is quite small for entertaining one might be better off just to invite their guests to the Grand Club or Vox bar.

Last edited by roadwarrior365; Jan 28, 2016 at 10:03 pm Reason: fixed links to the pictures
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:27 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thanks!^

Based on your photos it seems we could enjoy:

- two beers
- two vodka-Red Bull / OJ
- two Gin& Tonic

...and whatever is in the decanters.

And possibel some (semi-drinkable?) wine??
From the picture it is a Dreißigacker wine, which is reasonable good.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
please comfirm that diamond members can have breakfast at restaurant or only at club lounge?

thanks in advance
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
please comfirm that diamond members can have breakfast at restaurant or only at club lounge?

thanks in advance
can confirm, that you can have both. Right now, right here....
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Again, this is simply not correct.

Only the entry level suites are indeed a little on the small side. We are talking about converted Regency Deluxe rooms. All other suites are perfectly fine and most of them have better views.

I strongly recommend contacting the hotel to arrange a larger suite against a small surcharge.
Are any of the Grand Suite View suites in a more quiet location than others? Thinking of taking your advice regarding the surcharge request (we are currently in the standard DSU suite) - but worried that I will regret not having the courtyard view.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You're worried about not having a courtyard view? In my experience, sound insulation at this hotel is very good, and the area is not that noisy anyway.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:13 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by heakja
Are any of the Grand Suite View suites in a more quiet location than others? Thinking of taking your advice regarding the surcharge request (we are currently in the standard DSU suite) - but worried that I will regret not having the courtyard view.
Noise is normally not an issue.

@SMall surcharge - GP confirmed to us in writing, that the surcharge is fully at the decision of the hotel, it can be the rate differnce betwenn the GS and the GVS (65€) or any other amount, we were quotex 2XX€, others even more.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You're worried about not having a courtyard view? In my experience, sound insulation at this hotel is very good, and the area is not that noisy anyway.
Thanks for the input. Sounds crazy, I know, but too many times "view" = view to a noisy Plaza or busy street = no sleep for me

Originally Posted by peter42
Noise is normally not an issue.

@SMall surcharge - GP confirmed to us in writing, that the surcharge is fully at the decision of the hotel, it can be the rate differnce betwenn the GS and the GVS (65€) or any other amount, we were quotex 2XX€, others even more.
Good to know, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.