Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Had a similar problem last stay - booked 1 night in Club room, 2 nights in King and received a Club. Unfortunately, couldn't really argue as we had numerous appointments to get to. Room had a number of small problems and service not what it was. Emailed the hotel after the stay with feedback and was promised an upgrade to a Club Deluxe room next stay. I did ask why this wasn't given before (it was available) but didn't get an answer, although they did admit that this should be the standard diamond upgrade. Too many hotels do this - if they don't want to have the problem, why not call the club deluxe room a club junior suite. There again, at least they don't do a HR Birmingham and give a club deluxe using a suite upgrade.

We also received a bottle of wine as an amenity - this was apparently an apology as we had to ask multiple times for an amenity and a few other problems. A few rough practices going on here - will be interesting to meet GM on our next stay...
Old May 13, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Decent stay last week, however the new Grand Suite can not be compared. It's not a bad room, but does not at all feel like a suite. And the Tartufo sweets for turndown are gone ! Otherwise still a great hotel.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by price123
A few rough practices going on here - will be interesting to meet GM on our next stay...
It looks like the changing of the GM has caused this hotel to decline in customer service and feed back, which used one of the best in germany.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

I have been contacted by hotel management following my survey feedback after a recent stay. A phone conversation took about half an hour, and I felt that they are willing to improve customer service going forward.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:51 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by banzani
I have been contacted by hotel management following my survey feedback after a recent stay. A phone conversation took about half an hour, and I felt that they are willing to improve customer service going forward.
I really doubt that that will happen while the current management is there...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:01 pm

i´m having there a stay in july with diamond suite upgrade... the standard upgrade will be the "grand suite kind" 48qm but the pictures of this suite are identical with the one from the grand suite view king 69qm... i heard that the hotel will renovate all rooms and suites... any experiences ?!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:38 pm

The new suite is nothing to write home about and the hotel is obviously playing games. Staff has some attitude issues and hard product is showing its age here and there. Crossed it off my list for Berlin.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:35 am

thx for the answer. i just thought that all rooms and the grand club were renovated ... i was there in december last year and our suite was not really satisfying, so i thought that there are news about renovations etc
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by cs1985
thx for the answer. i just thought that all rooms and the grand club were renovated ... i was there in december last year and our suite was not really satisfying, so i thought that there are news about renovations etc
Didn't you ask all those questions already in December?

If you want something really satisfying, I strongly suggest paying for it.

On a side note, the vast majority of your posts go into one direction...how can I get stuff for free?

I am quite happy that the Grand Berlin gives you what you deserve as a long standing and truly loyal Diamond member.

BTW, did they comp your Accor or Club Carlson status
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Got the following email today for my stay on 8/26:

Dear Mr. jasonvr,

Warm greetings from Berlin.

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Berlin for your upcoming trip to Berlin. Kindly be informed that during your stay our Grand Club Lounge will be closed due to maintenance works.

It is our pleasure to offer you the following alternatives to our usual Club Services:
  • Hyatt breakfast from 6:30 am to 10:30 am (Saturdays until 11:00 and Sundays until 2:00 pm) in our VOX restaurant
  • A choice of cakes, cookies and hot beverages from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at our Mesa restaurant
  • Delicious snacks with a selection of wine and beer from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at our Mesa restaurant
  • A choice of soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm at our Mesa restaurant

All above mentioned services are included in the room rate.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you soon. Please do let us know at any time, of my team or I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kindly also copy my colleagues (in cc.) to avoid any delay in responding to your request.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxxxxxx
Corporate Leadership Trainee
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Got the following email today for my stay on 8/26:
Sounds like the hotel really did a nice job of compensating with a full array of options for the let down/disappointment.
I'm also impressed they also didn't wait until your arrival to pop the news
And you should be taking home 2500 bonus points as well
If only they could respect the Hyatt Gold Passport program and the suite upgrade benefit that members earn by staying loyal to Hyatt Hotels and the Grand Hyatt Berlin which otherwise has been one of Hyatt's best
Happy Holiday all for those here in the US

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 4, 2013 at 11:17 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Sounds like the hotel really did a nice job of compensating with a full array of options for the let down/disappointment.
I'm also impressed they also didn't wait until your arrival to pop the news
And you should be taking home 2500 bonus points as well
If only they could respect the Hyatt Gold Passport program and the suite upgrade benefit that members earn by staying loyal to Hyatt Hotels and the Grand Hyatt Berlin which otherwise has been one of Hyatt's best
Happy Holiday all for those here in the US
Interesting, I hadn't even thought about the bonus points. I know that there was some discussion in GH Erewan Bangkok thread about whether you should be compensated if the hotel is providing alternate accommodations. Although, I think Erewan provided an actual "lounge" (as in a place you could sit down and relax) as opposed to providing extra services in the restaurant.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:14 pm

A few questions in advance of my stay next week:

1. How are the alternative lounge arrangements (as written further up)? I'm interested in the set-up and quality of the food for the afternoon and evening presentations, since obviously the breakfast will be the normal breakfast.

2. The Club Deluxe and the Grand Suite (Diamond Suite Upgrade) appear to be very similar in size (46sqm vs 48sqm) and I also remember not being too impressed by the photos of Grand Suite. Bearing in mind that Club Deluxe has the better view, which room is better overall? Shall I still try to get the Grand Suite or stick with Club Deluxe?

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by stargold

1. How are the alternative lounge arrangements (as written further up)? I'm interested in the set-up and quality of the food for the afternoon and evening presentations, since obviously the breakfast will be the normal breakfast.

2. The Club Deluxe and the Grand Suite (Diamond Suite Upgrade) appear to be very similar in size (46sqm vs 48sqm) and I also remember not being too impressed by the photos of Grand Suite. Bearing in mind that Club Deluxe has the better view, which room is better overall? Shall I still try to get the Grand Suite or stick with Club Deluxe?

Thanks!
Club Deluxe IMO is the better choice here OR suite upgrade +60 EUR a night for Grand View Suite.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by stargold

Thanks!
1. Stayed on Sunday night and Club was still open
2. Grand Suites are very quiet and I think a better use of space. Are you currently confirmed in a Club Deluxe, as there aren't very many? The suite benefits (free minibar) are pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.