Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 6, 10, 3:07 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Posts: 1,599
Stayed here last July for the first time (on a cheapo Premier cert) and was very pleased with architecture, design and service level. I loooovvvvee their tapas restaurant, mesa, it's excellent. Location is perfect.

Stayed here again last night during a conference held at the hotel. Was given a club level room on the 7th floor. Again, service, organisation and conference food was flawless, truely outstanding. Along with PH Hamburg it's a great Hyatt property. ^^
ngfan is offline  
Old Oct 11, 10, 6:12 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by swiss-mike View Post
Well, it was *German* red, so And for the newspaper, you can always got hold of it in the club... although I also prefer it being delivered to the room, so one can have a first look at it over the first espresso from the hot bar in the suite (which I think is the best part of the amenities, apart from the adult beverages )
AFAIR it was a reasonable good wine.
peter42 is offline  
Old Oct 11, 10, 7:29 pm
  #153  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: los angeles
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
Posts: 1,772
I also just had a wonderful stay. The only (mild) disappointment is the afternoon cakes are gone replaced by the little desserts like those in the evening,
mmgm is offline  
Old Oct 13, 10, 2:10 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
I also just had a wonderful stay. The only (mild) disappointment is the afternoon cakes are gone replaced by the little desserts like those in the evening,
No more cakes - waht a shame.
peter42 is offline  
Old Oct 13, 10, 9:34 am
  #155  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,262
Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
I also just had a wonderful stay. The only (mild) disappointment is the afternoon cakes are gone replaced by the little desserts like those in the evening,
I think it should be mentioned to the hotel direcetly and or Hyatt Consumer Affairs that it matters to you as the guest.You are a satisfied guest in all other regards and its something you enjoyed and appreciated.

Its also not a 99 dollar property its a premium priced property typically.
When I have checked in the past the property averages 300 to 400 dollars US a night if on revenue and many of the Hyatt properties are commanding a premium for redemption now
My two cents...............
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 2:42 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Posts: 561
Parking when stay at GH Berlin

Where to park the car when staying at Grand Hyatt Berlin?
Is there any cheap for free option close to the hotel?
24Yukon24 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 7:44 pm
  #157  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 10,125
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24 View Post
Where to park the car when staying at Grand Hyatt Berlin?
Is there any cheap for free option close to the hotel?

I assume you know about the 20 EURO parking garage connected to the hotel that's documented on their website.

I looked around on the web as I will be there later this month and found

http://www.gratisparken.de/berlin/berlin/

It's in German, but it shows allegedly free parking near the Potsdamer Platz:

http://www.gratisparken.de/parkplatz/detail_2761.html
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 12:15 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I assume you know about the 20 EURO parking garage connected to the hotel that's documented on their website.

I looked around on the web as I will be there later this month and found

http://www.gratisparken.de/berlin/berlin/

It's in German, but it shows allegedly free parking near the Potsdamer Platz:

http://www.gratisparken.de/parkplatz/detail_2761.html

Thats just 3 places. forget about it.
nearest "free parking " is about a 10 minute walk and you still have to search for parking spot. drive in the direction of Elisabeth clinic" . there are some free spots, still a decision to do it or just plain park in the garage.
hint: a lost parking card was about 60 euro :-)))
Onewhoknows is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:10 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,875
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I think it should be mentioned to the hotel direcetly and or Hyatt Consumer Affairs that it matters to you as the guest.You are a satisfied guest in all other regards and its something you enjoyed and appreciated.

Its also not a 99 dollar property its a premium priced property typically.
When I have checked in the past the property averages 300 to 400 dollars US a night if on revenue and many of the Hyatt properties are commanding a premium for redemption now
My two cents...............
165 USD for a stay certificate or 15.000 points for an award night - is there any better value for money?

The sticker price is steep but is underlining the ambition of being a top property within Berlin and among other Hyatts.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:52 am
  #160  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: Everything is refundable
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
165 USD for a stay certificate or 15.000 points for an award night - is there any better value for money?
No

Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
The sticker price is steep but is underlining the ambition of being a top property within Berlin and among other Hyatts.
All Hyatt properties in Germany are rated among the best hotels in the country and used to be No.1 in the Tripadvisor rankings as well and considering that luxury properties have a hard time on Tripadvisor, this says more than thounsand words...

Additionally, the Grand Berlin has topped several internal ratings since years, has won prices for its design, customer service, restaurants etc.

Some people point out that the Grand Berlin is the quintessential Hyatt International property.
FD1971 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 8:07 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
Posts: 946
Think twice if you really need a car. There is fantastic public transport around the clock, and using taxis is not expensive either. If that is a possibility for you I would try to not have a car, and only rent it on the day you are leaving. Of course I don't know if that would work for you, so just a thought.

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24 View Post
Where to park the car when staying at Grand Hyatt Berlin?
Is there any cheap for free option close to the hotel?
banzani is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 8:55 am
  #162  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 10,125
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows View Post
Thats just 3 places. forget about it.
nearest "free parking " is about a 10 minute walk and you still have to search for parking spot. drive in the direction of Elisabeth clinic" . there are some free spots, still a decision to do it or just plain park in the garage.
hint: a lost parking card was about 60 euro :-)))
Thanks. For my upcoming stay I was already planning to use the garage. 20 Euros in the big picture isn't a whole lot of money for the convenience, time savings and piece of mind (less chance of damage).
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 9:21 am
  #163  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by banzani View Post
Think twice if you really need a car. There is fantastic public transport around the clock, and using taxis is not expensive either. If that is a possibility for you I would try to not have a car, and only rent it on the day you are leaving. Of course I don't know if that would work for you, so just a thought.
+1: I have always stuck to public transport in Berlin if at all possible- it is excellent, and as noted extremely un-expensive.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Jan 5, 11, 7:37 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,875
Another superb stay at the GHB for NYE. I completed my 10th stay in three years and should have clocked about 50 nights in total for my family and myself. Top service, top attention, top food at VOX. Loyalty and retention management at its best - everyone in this hotel seems to know me by name and what I like and don't like. Still love my Grand Suite. GM does an outstanding job at this property!

Re-qualified for Diamond last minute and looking forward to my next Hyatt stays in 2011!

^
SMK77 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 11, 7:47 am
  #165  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Posts: 4,008
suite upgrade w gift cert possible ?

I also love this hotel but am finding the rates pretty steep this year (regular seems to be eur 280 and up). Is it possible to use a DIA suite upgrade with a gift cert ? [love those grand suites ]
Stewie Mac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: