Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 6, 10, 3:07 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Stayed here last July for the first time (on a cheapo Premier cert) and was very pleased with architecture, design and service level. I loooovvvvee their tapas restaurant, mesa, it's excellent. Location is perfect.

Stayed here again last night during a conference held at the hotel. Was given a club level room on the 7th floor. Again, service, organisation and conference food was flawless, truely outstanding. Along with PH Hamburg it's a great Hyatt property. ^^
Old Oct 11, 10, 6:12 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swiss-mike View Post
Well, it was *German* red, so And for the newspaper, you can always got hold of it in the club... although I also prefer it being delivered to the room, so one can have a first look at it over the first espresso from the hot bar in the suite (which I think is the best part of the amenities, apart from the adult beverages )
AFAIR it was a reasonable good wine.
Old Oct 11, 10, 7:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
I also just had a wonderful stay. The only (mild) disappointment is the afternoon cakes are gone replaced by the little desserts like those in the evening,
Old Oct 13, 10, 2:10 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
I also just had a wonderful stay. The only (mild) disappointment is the afternoon cakes are gone replaced by the little desserts like those in the evening,
No more cakes - waht a shame.
Old Oct 13, 10, 9:34 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
I think it should be mentioned to the hotel direcetly and or Hyatt Consumer Affairs that it matters to you as the guest.You are a satisfied guest in all other regards and its something you enjoyed and appreciated.

Its also not a 99 dollar property its a premium priced property typically.
When I have checked in the past the property averages 300 to 400 dollars US a night if on revenue and many of the Hyatt properties are commanding a premium for redemption now
My two cents...............
Old Nov 8, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Parking when stay at GH Berlin

Where to park the car when staying at Grand Hyatt Berlin?
Is there any cheap for free option close to the hotel?
Old Nov 8, 10, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24 View Post

I assume you know about the 20 EURO parking garage connected to the hotel that's documented on their website.

I looked around on the web as I will be there later this month and found

http://www.gratisparken.de/berlin/berlin/

It's in German, but it shows allegedly free parking near the Potsdamer Platz:

http://www.gratisparken.de/parkplatz/detail_2761.html
Old Nov 9, 10, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I assume you know about the 20 EURO parking garage connected to the hotel that's documented on their website.

I looked around on the web as I will be there later this month and found

http://www.gratisparken.de/berlin/berlin/

It's in German, but it shows allegedly free parking near the Potsdamer Platz:

http://www.gratisparken.de/parkplatz/detail_2761.html

Thats just 3 places. forget about it.
nearest "free parking " is about a 10 minute walk and you still have to search for parking spot. drive in the direction of Elisabeth clinic" . there are some free spots, still a decision to do it or just plain park in the garage.
hint: a lost parking card was about 60 euro :-)))
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:10 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I think it should be mentioned to the hotel direcetly and or Hyatt Consumer Affairs that it matters to you as the guest.You are a satisfied guest in all other regards and its something you enjoyed and appreciated.

Its also not a 99 dollar property its a premium priced property typically.
When I have checked in the past the property averages 300 to 400 dollars US a night if on revenue and many of the Hyatt properties are commanding a premium for redemption now
My two cents...............
165 USD for a stay certificate or 15.000 points for an award night - is there any better value for money?

The sticker price is steep but is underlining the ambition of being a top property within Berlin and among other Hyatts.
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
165 USD for a stay certificate or 15.000 points for an award night - is there any better value for money?
No

Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
The sticker price is steep but is underlining the ambition of being a top property within Berlin and among other Hyatts.
All Hyatt properties in Germany are rated among the best hotels in the country and used to be No.1 in the Tripadvisor rankings as well and considering that luxury properties have a hard time on Tripadvisor, this says more than thounsand words...

Additionally, the Grand Berlin has topped several internal ratings since years, has won prices for its design, customer service, restaurants etc.

Some people point out that the Grand Berlin is the quintessential Hyatt International property.
Old Nov 9, 10, 8:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
Think twice if you really need a car. There is fantastic public transport around the clock, and using taxis is not expensive either. If that is a possibility for you I would try to not have a car, and only rent it on the day you are leaving. Of course I don't know if that would work for you, so just a thought.

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24 View Post
Old Nov 9, 10, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows View Post
Thats just 3 places. forget about it.
nearest "free parking " is about a 10 minute walk and you still have to search for parking spot. drive in the direction of Elisabeth clinic" . there are some free spots, still a decision to do it or just plain park in the garage.
hint: a lost parking card was about 60 euro :-)))
Thanks. For my upcoming stay I was already planning to use the garage. 20 Euros in the big picture isn't a whole lot of money for the convenience, time savings and piece of mind (less chance of damage).
Old Nov 9, 10, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by banzani View Post
Think twice if you really need a car. There is fantastic public transport around the clock, and using taxis is not expensive either. If that is a possibility for you I would try to not have a car, and only rent it on the day you are leaving. Of course I don't know if that would work for you, so just a thought.
+1: I have always stuck to public transport in Berlin if at all possible- it is excellent, and as noted extremely un-expensive.
Old Jan 5, 11, 7:37 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Another superb stay at the GHB for NYE. I completed my 10th stay in three years and should have clocked about 50 nights in total for my family and myself. Top service, top attention, top food at VOX. Loyalty and retention management at its best - everyone in this hotel seems to know me by name and what I like and don't like. Still love my Grand Suite. GM does an outstanding job at this property!

Re-qualified for Diamond last minute and looking forward to my next Hyatt stays in 2011!

^
Old Jan 5, 11, 7:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
suite upgrade w gift cert possible ?

I also love this hotel but am finding the rates pretty steep this year (regular seems to be eur 280 and up). Is it possible to use a DIA suite upgrade with a gift cert ? [love those grand suites ]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: