Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Looking to book a room here for mid-Sept, Hyatt Daily rate is €325 and (thankfully just before booking noticed) a 14 day cancellation policy ! There is a big fair on that week, so understand the nosebleed rates, but that's the first time I've ever seen a cancellation policy of more than 24hours for the HDR... is this usual ? Or is occupancy good now in Berlin ? [the backup Hilton is full, so am pondering options ....]
Hi,
dont know about the exact dates you are looking for but here
http://www1.messe-berlin.de/vip8_1/w...sch/index.html
you cand find the trade shows.. probably the IFA ?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Looking to book a room here for mid-Sept, Hyatt Daily rate is €325 and (thankfully just before booking noticed) a 14 day cancellation policy ! There is a big fair on that week, so understand the nosebleed rates, but that's the first time I've ever seen a cancellation policy of more than 24hours for the HDR... is this usual ? Or is occupancy good now in Berlin ? [the backup Hilton is full, so am pondering options ....]
Unusual cancellation periods do pop up from time to time. Last year on a SPG50 reservation at LM MUC, there was a 30 day cancellation period - which I totally forgot about thinking it was 14 days - I had substituted that reservation with one using FWNs & points. Luckily the property waived the cancellation period for me - I called about 17 days before the stay. This was during Oktoberfest.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:58 am

hi,
check for HR Cologne at the end of march ( IDS show). we have reservations with a cancellation period of 60 (!!!! ) days!

but in this case they would love to take my reservation back for free ! ( have rooms on certs, regular room now is 500 €/N )
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
14 days cancellation policy is the standard one at the property for smaller and medium fairs, I also stayed away from the property in late June/ early July, because of a smaller fashion/luxury fair taking place bumping up the usual policies to 14 days.

I would expect the cancellation policy to be even more stringent during the two or three top events in town like the ITB or Film Festival, but I am not sure.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
hi,
check for HR Cologne at the end of march ( IDS show). we have reservations with a cancellation period of 60 (!!!! ) days!

but in this case they would love to take my reservation back for free ! ( have rooms on certs, regular room now is 500 €/N )
60 days is actually pretty fair at the Regency Cologne, a stone throw away from the fair grounds.

Many rooms are not refundable at all during such events, comparable with the actual event space at the fair grounds during some events...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
60 days is actually pretty fair at the Regency Cologne, a stone throw away from the fair grounds.

Many rooms are not refundable at all during such events, comparable with the actual event space at the fair grounds during some events...

You are right , but 500+€ for a regular room at the HR Cologone
so my choice certs are a good investment!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:50 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I see that this hotel will be coming up for a limited sale on Jetsetter next week:

http://www.jetsetter.com/sale/pre/gr...=upcoming&cl=3
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thc
I see that this hotel will be coming up for a limited sale on Jetsetter next week:

Very interesting. How does one going about joining jetsetter?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Very interesting. How does one going about joining jetsetter?
Invitation from member with invitation privileges. Fishing here has been known to work before.

As has going directly to their site and requesting to become a member (although I have no idea how often that does work).

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 6, 2010 at 6:00 am
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Invitation from member with invitation privileges. Fishing here has been known to work before.
Ok, I'll cast a line... Thanks GUWonder for the info.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Just PM me your e-mail adress and I´ll send you an invitation.

Last edited by micke100; Sep 6, 2010 at 7:28 am
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by thc

so, seems like joining jetsetter wasn't too difficult !

Rate on there is ~ €100 cheaper than on hyatt.com... do I get Diamond benefits and/or stay credit ?

Thanks Onewhoknows - seems like you do

Have asked a followon Q on the BRG thread... think that I might call the property direct and ask them if they can get close to the jetsetter rate.

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Sep 8, 2010 at 9:33 am Reason: thanks and follow-on Q
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:44 am

so, seems like joining jetsetter wasn't too difficult !

Rate on there is ~ €100 cheaper than on hyatt.com... do I get Diamond benefits and/or stay credit ?
Diamond benefits: yes : stay credit : no
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:51 am

Just back from a stay at GH Berlin.
Nice. Breakfest Selection at the club is grown!
Big plus !

At the evening food type has changed! Because of "hygiene" they started to put up three different types of food ( beef, fish, vegi) in small preserving jars. Since you cant hardly see whats inside, they were ok, but well , not more. It looks really strange...

after all , good stay.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Also a good stay for me.
Booked on the jetsetter promo @ €220, rates were fluctuating before my arrival from 320 to 395 (Diamond guarantee).

Was given 'only' a Grand King but was told that I would still have access to the lounge. Checked hyatt.com that afternoon and only Park King or Daimler Suite available for fair enough

Agree that the little 'pots' at evening cocktails are a bit strange.

Excellent in-room GP hot chocolate though ^

Back in Berlin next week but will stay at PH Hamburg and get the train first thing... >€100 cheaper !

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Sep 23, 2010 at 6:55 am Reason: added photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.