Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:40 pm

Any recent trips?

Hi everyone, we have a stay with some friends at HC NOLA at beginning of February. Any recent reviews of stays?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:00 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by gbdbld
Is the globalist breakfast still limited to $15?
Yes.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by gbdbld
Is the globalist breakfast still limited to $15?
way to generous should be 5 bucks maximum 🤷‍♂️🙄
It would keep me from going back if that’s the globalist experience now
How the mighty have fallen
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Nice stay in a huge room

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans

1 Review | 100% Recommended

800 Iberville Street New Orleans, Louiasiana US 70112

Nice stay in a huge room (2 Photos)

Check In

My flight was late, so I was checking in the room around 2 am. Check-in was easy and pleasant. I had two separate reservations, which were combined without any problems. Both reservations were for Petite Suite with a King Bed, three nights with breakfast and one without. (It turned out that the breakfast allowance of $15 was applied to all days, thanks!) I was explained some of the hotel specifics etc. and off to the room I went.

Room

I had reserved Petite Suite, but my room on the second floor was HUGE. It was facing the courtyard with the pool, and was in the corner of the courtyard. I.e. I also had a door to the courtyard, so I could go directly to the pool, which was nice. (This was January, so there no people in the pool to disturb me while I was swimming. The pool was maybe 13-14 meters long, so one could actually swim. I did see one family have a little picnic lunch in the courtyard, though.)

Anyways, by the location of my room and other rooms along the courtyard I'd say my suite was double the "normal" room. There were no separate rooms, though. By the king size bed (after the nightstand) was a smallish table and two chairs. (Very comfortable bed!) In the big alcove leading to the bathroom I had a large sofa, ottoman, television etc. The bathroom had a shower stall, not a bathtub.

Everything looked quite new, and apparently there has been lots renovation going on in the hotel in the recent times. (All that has been finished, except the entrance to Canal Street is still not open.)

1_20230105_161631.jpg

Service

Service was very friendly throughout the hotel, although the restaurant staff was sometimes confused by my breakfast rate, i.e. not all of them knew how the $15 (per person) credit would be applied. For the people who care: It is applied at the checkout, and in my case it was applied very generously also to the one day I did not have it in my rate.

Dining

I only had breakfasts at the hotel. There is no buffet, but the breakfast menu is pretty good. One can order porridge or one of the many (more substantial) local specialities. Service was mostly quite quick, and usually there were not too many people around.

Quality of fare was excellent in my opinion, and the portions relatively large, i.e. i could easily manage well into late afternoon with them. Good orange juice!

The hotel is very centrally located, one-minute walk to Bourbon Street and Canal Street, if that is your thing. Also important (for me at least) all the big conference hotels are within walking distance. Stop for the Charles St. street car is just on the opposite side of the Canal St., which made exploring the Garden District easy.

As noted before, my room was facing the courtyard. As such, I had _no_ problems with noise or music from the streets, despite staying also for the weekend.

20230106_074743.jpg

Overall

If the price is right, I would really recommend this hotel. Perfect for my needs.

Nice stay in a huge room

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Does $15 actually cover a real entree and beverage, or does it only cover porridge?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Does $15 actually cover a real entree and beverage, or does it only cover porridge?
It would not cover a more substantial entree (which were $14-$18, or so) and a beverage. And then there are the tips, of course.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by SPBanker
It would not cover a more substantial entree (which were $14-$18, or so) and a beverage. And then there are the tips, of course.
What a terrible breakfast benefit, then - of course, Eliza Jane is the same way and has dungeon-like rooms and abysmal front desk service.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:10 pm

This is so disappointing. I've enjoyed pre-pandemic says at Centric and Country Inn and Suites, but Hyatt or more likely these properties' owners has really done a masterful job at really destroying the good reputation and experiences I came to trust.

Which NOLA / French Quarter-adjacent properties do folks recommend now? Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by christof
This is so disappointing. I've enjoyed pre-pandemic says at Centric and Country Inn and Suites, but Hyatt or more likely these properties' owners has really done a masterful job at really destroying the good reputation and experiences I came to trust.

I've been 2-3 times since the $15 benefit was the rule and it was never enforced. If anything was on the bill I just asked for breakfast to be removed but I don't think that was even the case. Also the breakfast here has always been abysmal and new Orleans has some of the best food anywhere so it's not worth it in my opinion, the breakfasts in my case were for guests and it doesn't excuse the limitation. But as I said I don't think the $15 is strictly enforced as a couple entrees at or near $15 were ordered, a couple beers, coffee, tip. Never paid anything for it the 2-3 times I've been since they verbally started saying $15. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not as I went to another Hyatt in another city recently and was told $75 limit but spent about $125 a day and just mentioned at checkout breakfast was free and had no issues. Maybe it's one of these things they try to passively charge you for but if you even say free breakfast it disappears?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:36 pm

The Windsor Court is the place to stay.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:24 pm

In order for hopeful change I encourage anyone who has stayed here and dissatisfied to contact Hyatt consumer affairs so it can be on record.As the hotel started to get less World of Hyatt friendly I switched back to the Westin Canal Place pre pandemic where I started decades ago.The breakfast for Platinums and above was very good and generous and the rooms at the time were excellent after a multi million dollar refresh
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:16 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Does mobile check-in & digital-key work at the HC? (Or has anyone had difficulty with this?)
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:13 pm

I just stayed here in February during Mardi Gras. Breakfast is no longer set to $15 for globalists, it is now any entree + coffee + juice based on the description card they gave me. I ordered the crab dish every day (which was around $22), and it was very good!
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:13 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
French Quarter Hyatt Unveils Renovations

French Quarter Hyatt Unveils Renovations: https://www.bizneworleans.com/french...s-renovations/

Renovation of the breakfast benefit is not mentioned

NEW ORLEANS – The Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans has announced the completion of an extensive interior renovation that includes a redesign of the lobby, guestrooms, meeting spaces, fitness center and food and beverage spaces.

Since 2012, the 254-room hotel has been located at 800 Iberville Street in the former home of the D.H. Holmes department store. The hotel features 12-foot ceilings, 10,660 square feet of flexible function space, an outdoor courtyard with pool, a poolside bar and a 24-hour fitness center.

The redesign, led by Studio 11, highlights “paneled high ceilings, warm metals and a moody color palette that set the stage for bold splashes of geometric patterns complemented by natural woods and intricate brass detailing,” as described by a hotel spokesperson. Studio 11 has office in Texas and New York.

The hotel’s new anchor restaurant, Holmes, “evokes a polished yet warm ambiance rooted in comfort.” Led by Executive Chef Malia Hamilton, the restaurant will feature gumbo, barbecue shrimp and other New Orleans staples. The bar’s cocktail menu features the Dauphine Dream and Empress 75.

The Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans is managed by HRI Lodging. Travis Tague is the hotel’s general manager.

Categories: Dining/Entertainment, Food, Hospitality, Real Estate, Today’s Business News
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:24 am

Got excited to check it out however
Looks about the same to me I can’t tell a difference except for the bar ?🤷‍♂️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.