Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mary2e
The xx20 room I had did not have a building in front of it. It had a nice view of Ellis Square at one end with a building across the street and to the side.

I'm sure the GM will take care of us again.
messed up my room # it was x22 and not x24, so x18 would have that building in front of it when I leaned over the railing on my balcony I saw where the next balcony was and it looked as if it had a building right in front of it and to see the Sq a person would have to look/lean to the right. good to know that isnt the case
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:42 pm

Had an excellent stay here. Booked a super low cash rate, upgraded to the Andaz suite. The view was not so great, looking at the pool area. The suite itself was pretty nice. Spacious bathroom with a separate tub and shower. Every staff from valet, front desk, to housekeeping was pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and the service was very quick for me (probably because there were only 3 tables when I ate). Valet charge was waived at check out.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:56 am

Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by johnep1
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
During my last stay they contacted me via WhatsApp from (912) 420-4119. Clicking on that contact shows an email address: [email protected]
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Skink
During my last stay they contacted me via WhatsApp from (912) 420-4119. Clicking on that contact shows an email address: [email protected]
Thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:12 pm

Had a two night (Sat-Mon) stay here in late February, burning two cat 1-4 certificates. Was upgraded to a "loft" (the smallest suite) as an Explorist without asking.

+ Great location, we walked everywhere we needed to easily.
+ Great value for points/cert redemption (I did not see a single weekend in February/March where cash prices were less than $375)
+ Dog friendly
+ Nice happy hour in the lobby bar (for all guests I believe, we did not partake)
- Self parking was a dumpster fire (underground garage was extremely full and every single elevator up to the hotel was out of service!)
- Fri-Sun points/cert bookings seemed to blocked (hence our choice on nights). I'm sure management does it intentionally to get those sweet cash bookings.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dustygator
Had a two night (Sat-Mon) stay here in late February, burning two cat 1-4 certificates. Was upgraded to a "loft" (the smallest suite) as an Explorist without asking.

+ Great location, we walked everywhere we needed to easily.
+ Great value for points/cert redemption (I did not see a single weekend in February/March where cash prices were less than $375)
+ Dog friendly
+ Nice happy hour in the lobby bar (for all guests I believe, we did not partake)
- Self parking was a dumpster fire (underground garage was extremely full and every single elevator up to the hotel was out of service!)
- Fri-Sun points/cert bookings seemed to blocked (hence our choice on nights). I'm sure management does it intentionally to get those sweet cash bookings.
You cant blame them for the parking since its a City owned lot and therefore a Globalist who gets it for $0 cant complain since the Hotel would be correct if it didnt comp it , 1 better on a very inexpensive weekday stay apx $147 they still Comped the parking and it was Valet
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by craz
You cant blame them for the parking since its a City owned lot and therefore a Globalist who gets it for $0 cant complain since the Hotel would be correct if it didnt comp it , 1 better on a very inexpensive weekday stay apx $147 they still Comped the parking and it was Valet
Not blaming the hotel for the parking, just letting others know what to expect if they are visiting as a non-Globalist. Valet was something like $55 per day (versus $26 for close to 48 hours in the city garage), so really only worth it if you are getting it comped as a Globalist.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craz
Does this hotel comp valet parking for Globalist even on paid stays?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CIT85

They comped me , I was gonna self park it on my own and not via the hotel, and the person who checked me in asked if I had acar and I said yes and will self park it. She said no need Valet it as a Globalist its comped and it was and I was on a very inexpensive rate too boot
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
Yes, my wife and I stayed there last week on paid stay and got it comped. Very glad too based on the comments above.

Brief highlights of our stay:
- Upgraded to Ellis Square suite as Globalist. More of a Junior suite but view of the square was nice and wrap around floor to ceiling windows brought in a ton of light. No proper desk to work from was annoying though.
- Breakfast was one of the better weve had at a domestic Hyatt. Shrimp and Grits were the highlight.
- Gym was not adequate at all, way too small and old junky equipment.
- Location is great as mentioned by many, you can walk everywhere.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dustygator
Not blaming the hotel for the parking, just letting others know what to expect if they are visiting as a non-Globalist. Valet was something like $55 per day (versus $26 for close to 48 hours in the city garage), so really only worth it if you are getting it comped as a Globalist.
A few things; 1- if you self park it on your own its $16 but you cant park the car in the hotels section of teh lot.

2- when I got there at 4pm the Lot had a sign lit that said FULL

Valet or Self Park is both in the same City Garage. The Hotel does not have its own lot, also Valet come swith In & Out, Self is a 1 shot deal if you go out and back in you hav eto pay each time, of cause the 1st time will be based on the # of hours you were there up to $16

FWIW its the same self park lot tha the HR says they have. Valet by the HR is under their Hotel but they mention the City Garage if you want to Self it
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:55 pm

Not sure if anything is new here, but writing this up anyways.

I also had no problem using the 4pm late checkout - worked really well for my wife that was flying in and wanting a place to freshen up before we continue on.

No real upgrade since the rest of the hotel was full, but was on the top floor with a balcony city view.

They have a happy hour from 2-5 (or 6?) every day - we had cheap gin and tonics and a flatbread for lunch.

The breakfast was nice, I had the shrimp and grits along with a coffee and orange juice with no issues on the bill.

Globalist welcome gift of a few sample size bottles of vodka and bourbon along with a local snack. Mini fridge was included, except for the alcohol.

It was pretty warm in Savannah, so the AC had a hard time of keeping up a little bit, it was 72-73* before I went to bed but it caught up to 70* sometime during the night.

Valet was busy, make sure to message well ahead of time (20-30 minutes) for when you need your car, but worked out well for a Globalist. Would recommend for the 18,000 points I spent.

Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that the SMEG thing is a refrigerator, it looks ancient and far too big for a hotel room, yet the room seems to have a normal-sized modern minibar cooler too.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Assuming that the SMEG thing is a refrigerator, it looks ancient and far too big for a hotel room, yet the room seems to have a normal-sized modern minibar cooler too.
Yes, that SMEG is a retro look fridge. Some rooms/suites have microwave and sink and Keurig coffee machine on the counter which makes it look more like a kitchen.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.