Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Valencia CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Valencia CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
2 reports in 11 months does represent the state of any hotel.
Not sure if you meant "does," as you wrote, or "does not."
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Stayed here for an quick overnight last weekend. This property takes care of HGP Diamonds very well IMO. A nice personal note from the manger- along with a nice welcome gift, a nice upgrade to a Jr. suite, recognition at the front desk, and free breakfast buffet in the morning

I made dinner of a few of the $5 app's in the bar at happy hour-which is very popular. They also had a nice AYCE prime rib special on Friday night ($29) which I would have done if I had been hungry.

The mall across the street has expanded since my last visit and there is now a movie theater.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Had a nice 2 night stay here last week. I didn't receive an upgrade and didn't ask, but the room was fine.

As a Diamond, I received breakfast coupons for the restaurant downstairs and it was decent, but not memorable. I had requested points for my diamond amenity and had to follow up with Gold Passport to get them posted. I also received an amenity of 3 tangerines and 2 bottles of water along with a welcome letter from the GM.

As mentioned before, the area has a lot of restaurants within walking distance. A good experience for me and a decent place to stay if in the area.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Stayed here earlier this month. Breakfast certificates were offered as well as the amenity but points still haven't posted. Like others, received a low floor room with no view but we didn't care as we were only there for a month. Breakfast turned out to be OK but the coupons did say "gratuity not included," and gratuity did make it onto our folio. This is just one of those properties that wants to do the bare minimum for Diamond members. We adjusted our expectations going in.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by slippahs
Stayed here earlier this month. Breakfast certificates were offered as well as the amenity but points still haven't posted. Like others, received a low floor room with no view but we didn't care as we were only there for a month. Breakfast turned out to be OK but the coupons did say "gratuity not included," and gratuity did make it onto our folio. This is just one of those properties that wants to do the bare minimum for Diamond members. We adjusted our expectations going in.
I think I'd care about the view if I was going to stay for "only" a month.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

This is a pretty general question, but distance and commute-wise how does this location fare as base for a LA-tourist on a weekend? Will be renting a car, and am attracted to the rates of the hotel and the relative serenity.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by coffee18
This is a pretty general question, but distance and commute-wise how does this location fare as base for a LA-tourist on a weekend? Will be renting a car, and am attracted to the rates of the hotel and the relative serenity.

Depends on what you wanting to see. The Westside (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills,Hollywood) should be no more than 35-50 minutes on the weekend, if there are no major traffic jams. Universal Studios Hollywood will take about 30 minutes. Just be prepared you will be spending a lot of time on the freeway.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
Depends on what you wanting to see. The Westside (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills,Hollywood) should be no more than 35-50 minutes on the weekend, if there are no major traffic jams. Universal Studios Hollywood will take about 30 minutes. Just be prepared you will be spending a lot of time on the freeway.
Westside is my primary target, actually, plus a drive on the PCH westward past Santa Monica. Thanks for the driving times.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by coffee18
Westside is my primary target, actually, plus a drive on the PCH westward past Santa Monica. Thanks for the driving times.
Google Maps not only has driving times as well, but you can specify day-of-the-week and time-of-day and it will adjust for typical traffic patters for that day and time.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:37 am

There are some drives from the 101 to PCH that are breathtakingly beautiful. I really recommend going super early in the morning on a weekend so that you have the road almost to yourself.
Take either Kanan Dune Rd. or Malibu Canyon Road. IIRC, Kanan has better views of the ocean as you're driving towards the coast, but Malibu Canyon has some pretty huge gorges next to the road which are impressive in their own right, but I think the mountains on MCR obscure your view of the ocean until you get pretty close to the end of the road.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:00 pm

The formerly free parking is now $10/night.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by JackE
The formerly free parking is now $10/night.
That is crazy!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Is that just for Hyatt guests or the parking lot in general cos there is a big multi story lot and also space around the ballrooms/convention center that is usually empty
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by rntraveller
Is that just for Hyatt guests or the parking lot in general cos there is a big multi story lot and also space around the ballrooms/convention center that is usually empty
I spotted this while stopping by to dine at Vines, without a stay. There is a prominent sign at the garage entrance for the $10.

From the property's Hyatt web page:

Parking
Self Parking: Surface parking available adjacent to Hotel Conference Center. Garage parking available adjacent to hotel lobby entrance. Self parking is $10 per night.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
Had 2 stays last week. Breakfast vouchers for buffet. No upgraded room. Self parking $10 fee waived for diamond. Had to ask to have the breakfast charges removed at checkout both times. Gratuities are not included for breakfast per the front desk rep. Had a 4 PM late checkout and housekeeping came by twice to ask if we were checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.