Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The same letter that was there 3 years ago.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23032337-post106.html
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I have reasons to believe that this property is manipulating award availability in the summer by having these categories: Smoking Room, View Room, High Floor Room, so that it is very difficult to find an award night at the standard rate of 8k points.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It affects not just award but corporate rates as well. However summer is peak. No base rooms avail until end of August.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'll be staying there soon. I was similarly confused by availability and ended up calling the Globalist number and they said that points + cash with an upgrade cert was available.

Does anyone have any recommendations about parking? This is my first property that I'll be staying at since the WoH transition on Points + Cash that I'll need to sort out parking on. (I'm guessing that the free parking on award nights does not include on points plus cash)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
It affects not just award but corporate rates as well. However summer is peak. No base rooms avail until end of August.
While I agree that summer is peak, since I'm a former resident of Montreal, my gut tells me that their (physical) base room in the winter is the Smoking/High Floor/View room in the summer
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by YOWzer
While I agree that summer is peak, since I'm a former resident of Montreal, my gut tells me that their (physical) base room in the winter is the Smoking/High Floor/View room in the summer
I would say the base rooms are reclassified as Regency Club equivalent given there is no club floor to begin with.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aislepathlight
I'll be staying there soon. I was similarly confused by availability and ended up calling the Globalist number and they said that points + cash with an upgrade cert was available.

Does anyone have any recommendations about parking? This is my first property that I'll be staying at since the WoH transition on Points + Cash that I'll need to sort out parking on. (I'm guessing that the free parking on award nights does not include on points plus cash)
You can self park in the Complexe Desjardins parking lot on Jeanne Mance St. under the hotel/mall. I think the rate is about $20 per day.

I also agree that the hotel seems to be playing games with award availability. No standard rooms are available throughout the summer yet club rooms and view rooms are available most days
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Member

There are rare summer dates with base rooms available. I cancelled JULY 9 and JULY 10 and it showed back up on hyatt.com.

However are definitely blackout/special event going on even on higher room types. My corporate rate applies to Regency club rooms as well. That rate is not available this week but avail next week despite these room available for sale both weeks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:19 pm

There are rare summer dates with base rooms available. I cancelled JULY 9 and JULY 10 and it showed back up on hyatt.com.

However are definitely blackout/special event going on even on higher room types. My corporate rate applies to Regency club rooms as well. That rate is not available this week but avail next week despite these room available for sale both weeks.
The only date I see is for the entire summer is Aug 16. I noticed that a base room is available on Orbitz for Aug 15 but not on Hyatt.com. I called Gold passport and they were able to book it using points even though it cannot be booked online
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:13 pm
Original Member

Rooms available JUL 14 and 15, JUL 21, 31. Last two weeks of AUG was available a couple of months ago.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:53 am

Rooms available JUL 14 and 15, JUL 21, 31. Last two weeks of AUG was available a couple of months ago.
Thanks, I didn't notice these dates when I checked a couple of days ago. Same trick applies - July 20 and 30 can be booked over the phone (but not online) using points to make a 2 day reservation since standard rooms show on Orbitz
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Had a recent stay, club room on points and have to say I wouldn't return.

Room was ok, but for me the unforgivable is having a king size bed made with queen size sheets so there was at least 6 inches of mattress pad exposed. To me that reeks of cheapness, not to have sheets that fit a bed.

We did have club access and whilst it was clean enough I did not enjoy their offerings. After the second night we gave up. My idea of tasty is not an undercooked pesto pasta salad.

Elevator access was also dreadfully slow. It was so bad, that people who wanted to go to reception where getting in the elevators as they went up as they were tired of waiting.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Toula

Room was ok, but for me the unforgivable is having a king size bed made with queen size sheets so there was at least 6 inches of mattress pad exposed. To me that reeks of cheapness, not to have sheets that fit a bed.

We did have club access and whilst it was clean enough I did not enjoy their offerings. After the second night we gave up. My idea of tasty is not an undercooked pesto pasta salad.

Elevator access was also dreadfully slow. It was so bad, that people who wanted to go to reception where getting in the elevators as they went up as they were tired of waiting.
Elevator access is definitely a pain when hotel is full. Evening lounge food does sucks. Globalist/lounge breakfast is good as it is in restaurant.

As for the mattress, come to think of it...is it a Canadian thing? Was at Westin Montreal last week and noticed the sheet don't fully cover the queen mattress either.

Last edited by seawolf; Jul 19, 2017 at 7:21 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Toula

That's truly shameful.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:17 am

What are folks experience with parking here? I've been told that it is only comped for Globalist on Award stays where a Suite cert is used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.