Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Old Jun 14, 17, 2:16 pm
  #151  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
The same letter that was there 3 years ago.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23032337-post106.html
RTW1 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:04 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 552
I have reasons to believe that this property is manipulating award availability in the summer by having these categories: Smoking Room, View Room, High Floor Room, so that it is very difficult to find an award night at the standard rate of 8k points.
YOWzer is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:25 am
  #153  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 12,146
It affects not just award but corporate rates as well. However summer is peak. No base rooms avail until end of August.
seawolf is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 11:07 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 13
I'll be staying there soon. I was similarly confused by availability and ended up calling the Globalist number and they said that points + cash with an upgrade cert was available.

Does anyone have any recommendations about parking? This is my first property that I'll be staying at since the WoH transition on Points + Cash that I'll need to sort out parking on. (I'm guessing that the free parking on award nights does not include on points plus cash)
aislepathlight is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 6:56 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
It affects not just award but corporate rates as well. However summer is peak. No base rooms avail until end of August.
While I agree that summer is peak, since I'm a former resident of Montreal, my gut tells me that their (physical) base room in the winter is the Smoking/High Floor/View room in the summer
YOWzer is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 11:57 am
  #156  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 12,146
Originally Posted by YOWzer View Post
While I agree that summer is peak, since I'm a former resident of Montreal, my gut tells me that their (physical) base room in the winter is the Smoking/High Floor/View room in the summer
I would say the base rooms are reclassified as Regency Club equivalent given there is no club floor to begin with.
seawolf is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 2:56 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: IC Plat/Amb, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by aislepathlight View Post
I'll be staying there soon. I was similarly confused by availability and ended up calling the Globalist number and they said that points + cash with an upgrade cert was available.

Does anyone have any recommendations about parking? This is my first property that I'll be staying at since the WoH transition on Points + Cash that I'll need to sort out parking on. (I'm guessing that the free parking on award nights does not include on points plus cash)
You can self park in the Complexe Desjardins parking lot on Jeanne Mance St. under the hotel/mall. I think the rate is about $20 per day.

I also agree that the hotel seems to be playing games with award availability. No standard rooms are available throughout the summer yet club rooms and view rooms are available most days
martyYYZ is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 3:06 pm
  #158  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 12,146
There are rare summer dates with base rooms available. I cancelled JULY 9 and JULY 10 and it showed back up on hyatt.com.

However are definitely blackout/special event going on even on higher room types. My corporate rate applies to Regency club rooms as well. That rate is not available this week but avail next week despite these room available for sale both weeks.
seawolf is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 7:19 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: IC Plat/Amb, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
There are rare summer dates with base rooms available. I cancelled JULY 9 and JULY 10 and it showed back up on hyatt.com.

However are definitely blackout/special event going on even on higher room types. My corporate rate applies to Regency club rooms as well. That rate is not available this week but avail next week despite these room available for sale both weeks.
The only date I see is for the entire summer is Aug 16. I noticed that a base room is available on Orbitz for Aug 15 but not on Hyatt.com. I called Gold passport and they were able to book it using points even though it cannot be booked online
martyYYZ is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 9:13 pm
  #160  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 12,146
Rooms available JUL 14 and 15, JUL 21, 31. Last two weeks of AUG was available a couple of months ago.
seawolf is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 7:53 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: IC Plat/Amb, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,351
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Rooms available JUL 14 and 15, JUL 21, 31. Last two weeks of AUG was available a couple of months ago.
Thanks, I didn't notice these dates when I checked a couple of days ago. Same trick applies - July 20 and 30 can be booked over the phone (but not online) using points to make a 2 day reservation since standard rooms show on Orbitz
martyYYZ is offline  
Old Jul 18, 17, 6:47 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SAN
Programs: SPG Plt
Posts: 315
Had a recent stay, club room on points and have to say I wouldn't return.

Room was ok, but for me the unforgivable is having a king size bed made with queen size sheets so there was at least 6 inches of mattress pad exposed. To me that reeks of cheapness, not to have sheets that fit a bed.

We did have club access and whilst it was clean enough I did not enjoy their offerings. After the second night we gave up. My idea of tasty is not an undercooked pesto pasta salad.

Elevator access was also dreadfully slow. It was so bad, that people who wanted to go to reception where getting in the elevators as they went up as they were tired of waiting.
Toula is offline  
Old Jul 18, 17, 8:03 pm
  #163  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 12,146
Originally Posted by Toula View Post
Had a recent stay, club room on points and have to say I wouldn't return.

Room was ok, but for me the unforgivable is having a king size bed made with queen size sheets so there was at least 6 inches of mattress pad exposed. To me that reeks of cheapness, not to have sheets that fit a bed.

We did have club access and whilst it was clean enough I did not enjoy their offerings. After the second night we gave up. My idea of tasty is not an undercooked pesto pasta salad.

Elevator access was also dreadfully slow. It was so bad, that people who wanted to go to reception where getting in the elevators as they went up as they were tired of waiting.
Elevator access is definitely a pain when hotel is full. Evening lounge food does sucks. Globalist/lounge breakfast is good as it is in restaurant.

As for the mattress, come to think of it...is it a Canadian thing? Was at Westin Montreal last week and noticed the sheet don't fully cover the queen mattress either.

Last edited by seawolf; Jul 19, 17 at 7:21 am
seawolf is offline  
Old Jul 18, 17, 9:03 pm
  #164  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,152
Originally Posted by Toula View Post
Had a recent stay, club room on points and have to say I wouldn't return.

Room was ok, but for me the unforgivable is having a king size bed made with queen size sheets so there was at least 6 inches of mattress pad exposed. To me that reeks of cheapness, not to have sheets that fit a bed.

We did have club access and whilst it was clean enough I did not enjoy their offerings. After the second night we gave up. My idea of tasty is not an undercooked pesto pasta salad.

Elevator access was also dreadfully slow. It was so bad, that people who wanted to go to reception where getting in the elevators as they went up as they were tired of waiting.
That's truly shameful.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 24, 17, 7:17 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 552
What are folks experience with parking here? I've been told that it is only comped for Globalist on Award stays where a Suite cert is used.
YOWzer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: