Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by BobR
I really struggle with this hotel. I love Montreal, the location of the HR is great (especially if you will use the metro), and I always need another stay to make Diamond again. However, the rooms are not aging well (they are in desperate need of a major room renovation and have been for quite a while), the FD service has never been particularly friendly or helpful to this Diamond, and restaurant breakfast quality has been going downhill over the past few years.

Come on Hyatt, help me spend more money at the HR Montreal - I really want to.
Wow- we had just the opposite experience.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
I recently completed a two week long stay and really did not enjoy the expereince. I was in a standard club king and I couldn't stand how dark the room was. There was one wall mounted light above the door that did not provide adequate light to the nearby wardrobe and mirror and the additional room lamps did not add enough light to reach that area of the room (Unfortunately, I had early meetings and opening the blinds didn't help either). The funny thing is that I have stayed in at least 50+ hotel nights a year for the past 20+ years and while there were a couple really bad stays in for various reasons (especially in the beginning), I had never previously felt so compelled to complain about poor lighting conditions in a room. Anyway, I brought it up to the front desk and was told that all the club rooms were similar and I had no other options. It was only out of shear laziness since I had already unpacked that I didn't cancel the rest of my stay and move to the W or Marriott Courtyard....

Safe Travels
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
...I should add that I thought the location was "OK." A bit further from old Montreal then the other hotels I was considering. The attached Mall was not much to "experience", though that's not my thing anyway. Close to Chinatown, which though small, I enjoyed. The club offerings were average, nothing particularly good or bad. A soup choice, salad choice, cheese, bread, grilled vegetables, and reheated quiches (or similar) + beer, wine, water, and soda...I thought the breakfast in offerings, quality, and staff was very good.....
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have noticed this property has no children under 18 in the Regency Club after 5pm, unlike some RCs in the US that are full of young kids running around. Is this because the hotel is more of a business hotel, rather than a leisure hotel where families tend to visit on vacation/holidays?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
FYI - WiFi blocks Verizon WiFi calling and also OpenVPN/PIA.

Last edited by seawolf; May 8, 2017 at 11:36 am
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Member

Undergoing floor by floor renovations. Expected to be completed by May.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:47 am

Had a 2 night weekend stay here. Small review-
Rooms - Rooms are dated and hotel is under renovation. Do not use DSU at this hotel. It's pretty much two connecting rooms. Manager told me after renovations suite will be one big room without the separation between living room and bedroom.
Service - FD check in was good and Globalist status was recognized. Lounge is decently big compared to other HRs in US. Lounge offerings were ok. No free alcohol.
Breakfast - Free buffet bf in restaurant for Glob. It wasn't amazing but still better than lounge offerings So.
Location - location is really good. Very central and close to everything. Hotel sits on 6 th floor above a shopping mall. I had to spend few mins to figure out the way up to reception.
Transportation - Bus from airport stops a block away from hotel.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Member

First visit post renovation.

Wifi speed now faster for Premium

Old May 10, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Member

Just wanted to add that while the TV is attached to the wall, there is enough clearance to plug in HDMI. It's on the left hand side of the TV in the back. You select input source via a small 4-directional toggle under the LG logo at the bottom of the TV.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
What an odd refurbishment! That "desk" is pretty much useless to anyone needing to actually work at a real desk. And that open closet is going to be very messy/ugly when someone actually has clothes hanging up And you (and anyone else passing in the hall) get to look at it every time you open the door!

It all looks cheap and poorly designed. I hope this is not the new brand standard for Hyatt.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; May 11, 2017 at 4:59 am
Old May 11, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Member

I agree with you on the "closet." The desk however is fine. It looks tiny in the image but it's fairly deep enough for a 15" screen size laptop and even enough space even if you carry lug around a 17" screen.

Now of course if your work involves spreading out papers around then that's a different story.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
One night stay in renovated room on 19th Floor. Similar to that pictured above. Found two memos regarding ongoing renovation....one saying it would conclude in May, with a newer one on top with same language but one change....JUNE completion. Spoke with staff and was informed that work will stop during summer but continue in 2018.....and no one knew what those letters on the wall above the beds were supposed to represent. Several floors currently undergoing work. Gym area not being renovated at this time. Large business meeting groups and Chinese tour operators seem to be heavy users. Probably will stick to SPG properties until renovations completed.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Arrived for another stay as my SPG choice booked. Found new letter, in French and English. I will provide the English version below:

Dear Guests,

We want the Hyatt Regency Montreal to be your preferred hotel; therefore we are committed to providing an excellent hotel experience for every guest, every time.

You may receive a short email survey from Hyatt Hotels and would great appreciate a score of 10 out of 10 when responding to the question "Would you recommend the Hyatt Regency Montreal?" It is very important to us obtain a 10, as service is our number one priority at Hyatt Regency Montreal.

If, on the other hand, you feel we do not deserve a 10 to the question "Would you recommend the Hyatt Regency Montreal?" please let us know. You may contact me directly by email or via telephone before completing the survey.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and fee free to contact me if you have questions or comments.

Thank you for your confidence and patronage.

Enjoy your stay.

//signed/title.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
If, on the other hand, you feel we do not deserve a 10 to the question "Would you recommend the Hyatt Regency Montreal?" please let us know. You may contact me directly by email or via telephone before completing the survey.
Wow. They miss the whole point of a survey. IMHO, they should try for a nine and solicit us for suggestions on making it a ten. Same thing with the 100% satisfaction guarantee at Hilton. I can find some little nit with the stay and I'd like to tell the front desk because I enjoyed the stay and want to be constructive and help a good team. But the front desk thinks I want a full refund.

Ideally, the survey should also be a tool where guests can help improve the hotel stays. Guests should be encouraged to honestly rate their stay and then get call-backs (but only if they check the box giving permission otherwise you just bugging them).
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Guess what's part of comp metrics?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.