Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 8, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So if I BOOK a club room here,to what do I get club access? The club in the west tower on the 12th floor or the Grand café {lobby level ?} or both ?
Old May 8, 2024, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
So if I BOOK a club room here,to what do I get club access? The club in the west tower on the 12th floor or the Grand café {lobby level ?} or both ?
It's both but I don't think they open it at the same time, either way you can go to either. It's so busy on the weekends that there's no way they can have it on the 12th floor anyway and on the 1st floor, you have to pick a time slot, early or late. I'll know when I stay there soon.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:42 am

I'm here on my first week of a 3 week stay. Just some random thoughts. The first floor on the west tower is essentially another club room, so breakfast and evening cocktails are served here all week. During the day, you can grab drinks and "tea time" on the 12th floor. This place is way too out of the way for sightseeing to Seoul. I had to go into Seoul for something and it takes 1.5 hours at least, the good part is there's a bus station nearby and buses take you all over Seoul from that station and coming back from Seoul, either go back to the airport and take the hotel bus in or there's buses that stop in front of the hotel after it goes by the airport, so no transfer needed

I realize now why I dislike Grand Hyatts, it's cause the club lounge prevents a Globalist from eating breakfast at the regular restaurant. It's been a few days only and the breakfast at the club lounge is sparse at best compared to Asian breakfast standards at Asian hotels, for the US, it's excellent. It's already fairly repetitive.

I'm staying here for a long stay because we didn't want to do an Airbnb and there's actually a good amount of activities for kids. I'm getting a great rate and I need the eqn nights to keep Globalist.

So what's the deal with all the Koreans with kids coming here. I'm not familiar with Korean culture to know much. It's a lot of parents with young kids. Are they rich or poor because they are here? Can they not afford to go anywhere good so they come here or they are rich so they come here? I stopped by Paradise City next door and it was filled with people with kids. I'm thinking they have young kids, so hard to go fly to Japan so they do a few days in Incheon? It's just a lot of Korean families so surprised it's that popular.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moolman
I'm here on my first week of a 3 week stay. Just some random thoughts. The first floor on the west tower is essentially another club room, so breakfast and evening cocktails are served here all week. During the day, you can grab drinks and "tea time" on the 12th floor. This place is way too out of the way for sightseeing to Seoul. I had to go into Seoul for something and it takes 1.5 hours at least, the good part is there's a bus station nearby and buses take you all over Seoul from that station and coming back from Seoul, either go back to the airport and take the hotel bus in or there's buses that stop in front of the hotel after it goes by the airport, so no transfer needed

I realize now why I dislike Grand Hyatts, it's cause the club lounge prevents a Globalist from eating breakfast at the regular restaurant. It's been a few days only and the breakfast at the club lounge is sparse at best compared to Asian breakfast standards at Asian hotels, for the US, it's excellent. It's already fairly repetitive.

I'm staying here for a long stay because we didn't want to do an Airbnb and there's actually a good amount of activities for kids. I'm getting a great rate and I need the eqn nights to keep Globalist.

So what's the deal with all the Koreans with kids coming here. I'm not familiar with Korean culture to know much. It's a lot of parents with young kids. Are they rich or poor because they are here? Can they not afford to go anywhere good so they come here or they are rich so they come here? I stopped by Paradise City next door and it was filled with people with kids. I'm thinking they have young kids, so hard to go fly to Japan so they do a few days in Incheon? It's just a lot of Korean families so surprised it's that popular.
It's a lot of middle class folks that stay at Grand Hyatt. Paradise is probably upper middle class since it costs a bit more and is fancier. Staycations are very popular for whenever Koreans get free time and this hotel has multiple pools for kids to use. They sell a lot of packages with Club access too.
Cax likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
It's a lot of middle class folks that stay at Grand Hyatt. Paradise is probably upper middle class since it costs a bit more and is fancier. Staycations are very popular for whenever Koreans get free time and this hotel has multiple pools for kids to use. They sell a lot of packages with Club access too.
Makes sense, thanks for the insight. You'd think Korea didn't have a low birthrate coming to this area. I don't think I've seen any Korean without a kid here. I'm probably never going to stay here again unless I find another great rate next year and I need the eqn nights. I do like the place for what it is, can't beat a clean 1 bedroom for $100 a day. I'm being anti-Airbnb lately. I've been staying at the IC COEX and Parnas the previous years but simply too bored with the COEX mall, with kids, we sometimes don't leave the mall area, especially when the weather is bad. I tried the courtyard at Seoul botanical garden recently since I had to be near Gimpo and that might be my new go to area for awhile, their suite was very nice and the park in front was great, especially for the price.
Old May 15, 2024, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Staycations are very popular for whenever Koreans get free time and this hotel has multiple pools for kids to use. They sell a lot of packages with Club access too.
Can I ask why staycations are so popular amongst Koreans in this thread?

Last edited by suiteptravels; May 20, 2024 at 1:47 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.