Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by flyforsports
Just went and checked. Joined Hyatt Gold Passport in February of 1990 and have had some sort of status since and Diamond during at least 10 of the years though not consecutively. I have 1,354,952 lifetime points earned. It seems as if I must have passed the 1 million base points after a 17-day stay at the Grand Hyatt in New York during the U.S. Open tennis last year. My next stay after that was when I checked into the San Diego Andaz and was welcomed as "lifetime Diamond." But I'm just not sure how to figure out how the 1,354,952 lifetime points earned breaks down.
We know that one million base points are revenue based from eligible spending in the hotels and not promotional points or stays when requesting air miles
To do this takes some considerable spending as previously shared in this thread!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Just went and checked. Joined Hyatt Gold Passport in February of 1990 and have had some sort of status since and Diamond during at least 10 of the years though not consecutively. I have 1,354,952 lifetime points earned. It seems as if I must have passed the 1 million base points after a 17-day stay at the Grand Hyatt in New York during the U.S. Open tennis last year. My next stay after that was when I checked into the San Diego Andaz and was welcomed as "lifetime Diamond." But I'm just not sure how to figure out how the 1,354,952 lifetime points earned breaks down.
You can do a sort of the data by point type. As others have stated, you also can cut-and-paste the data into Excel and do an auto-sum of the sorted data to see what the "base" category totals.

I also am curious: please post the results. ^
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
We know that one million base points are revenue based from eligible spending in the hotels and not promotional points or stays when requesting air miles
To do this takes some considerable spending as previously shared in this thread!
Well, luckily most of the spending was not mine! I have a couple of newspaper sports departments to thank. Just wish more Hyatts accepted pets.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
You can do a sort of the data by point type. As others have stated, you also can cut-and-paste the data into Excel and do an auto-sum of the sorted data to see what the "base" category totals.

I also am curious: please post the results. ^
I'll try to figure out how to do that this weekend. I'm a total idiot about figuring this sort of numbers-based stuff out! And, this is probably going to embarrass me in front of many wiser people but I have never used Excel. I'll go off in my corner now and see if I can sort all this out.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 6:38 pm

It seems as if, out of my 1.342 million lifetime points, 1,000,727 are base points. Not totally vouching for the absolute accuracy, but I think it's pretty close. Not sure whether that's something to be proud of or not
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
It seems as if, out of my 1.342 million lifetime points, 1,000,727 are base points. Not totally vouching for the absolute accuracy, but I think it's pretty close. Not sure whether that's something to be proud of or not
Well, I think it's something to be proud of. Well done! Enjoy your lifetime benefits! ^
Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
You should be proud for sure - that's USD $200,000 minimum spend at Hyatt
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Unfortunately we will have to wait till Monday to get further clarification from a long time GP manager.
The training and support from Hyatt Gold Passport is very weak typically on weekends accept for booking basic reservations by phone
We can have the official and final word on the subject we all want to be aware of ^
Thanks for your patience
Calling for clarification? Ugh. Here's a quick way to shut down what is (was) possibly a nice feature. Though since I already made it to lifetime, I suppose the less the merrier...too bad for others though. This could just be manually checked without the need for GP management intervention by someone who has a card (A) inquiring of a GP agent their lifetime base points balance (which any agent can tell you within 30 seconds) and (B) comparing that to what you derive using the Excel method.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by thesilb
Calling for clarification? Ugh. Here's a quick way to shut down what is (was) possibly a nice feature. Though since I already made it to lifetime, I suppose the less the merrier...too bad for others though. This could just be manually checked without the need for GP management intervention by someone who has a card (A) inquiring of a GP agent their lifetime base points balance (which any agent can tell you within 30 seconds) and (B) comparing that to what you derive using the Excel method.
Unfortunately there are very few secrets here in social media @:-)
Like it or not we live in the most transparent world than ever before
Many of the corporate folks from every Hotel Company and airline read our thoughts on a daily basis even if they aren't responding..........
Some of the negative or positive changes came as a result of all of us posting right here on FT or other public forum..........
Just my own thoughts.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Its less secrets that items overlooked or not prioritized by programs to address. Once items are heavily used or raised to high management attention they do get shut down. So I agree with the last poster that its unfortunate for others that this gets elevated. Perhaps they meant CC spends to be in base points like AA does. But if not, raising it up to high level will certainly kill it.

Unfortunately there are very few secrets here in social media @:-)
Like it or not we live in the most transparent world than ever before
Many of the corporate folks from every Hotel Company and airline read our thoughts on a daily basis even if they aren't responding..........
Some of the negative or positive changes came as a result of all of us posting right here on FT or other public forum..........
Just my own thoughts.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Its less secrets that items overlooked or not prioritized by programs to address. Once items are heavily used or raised to high management attention they do get shut down. So I agree with the last poster that its unfortunate for others that this gets elevated. Perhaps they meant CC spends to be in base points like AA does. But if not, raising it up to high level will certainly kill it.
In the spirit of community I am happy to not pursue it further on any level
I believe none the less the message is already out there and fully transparent
based on the previous posts.........
Cheers
Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by thesilb
Got my lifetime Diamond card in the mail today with a nice note from Jeff Zidell. ^

Thanks Hyatt for 10 great years & looking forward to a lifetime more of memories!
Congratulations! And also great news that Mr. Zidell is still there!

Was beginning to wonder, given the apparent turn that the program has taken this season. (I know, likely due to credit card free rooms backlog, but still...)
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb., SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Plat for life
Lifetime Diamond from Hyatt card purchases?

I see in the latest issue of Inside Flyer that "Hyatt offers lifetime Diamond status , requiring 10 consecutive years as a Gold passport member at any status level, plus one million base points." Can I get that by racking up points through credit card purchases, or do I have to actually stay there?

Since I reached lifetime Plat with AA, I'm looking for other programs that can give me lifetime status.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Virchow
I see in the latest issue of Inside Flyer that "Hyatt offers lifetime Diamond status , requiring 10 consecutive years as a Gold passport member at any status level, plus one million base points." Can I get that by racking up points through credit card purchases, or do I have to actually stay there?

Since I reached lifetime Plat with AA, I'm looking for other programs that can give me lifetime status.

No (of course not)
Old Apr 30, 2011, 1:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Virchow

1 million base points can only be earned by staying at Hyatts (and paying for the room and eligible charges). You earn 5 points per eligible charge - so to make it easy, you have to spend $200,000 at Hyatts (excluding ineligible charges like taxes, tips, valet parking, etc). Lifetime Diamond is very difficult to get to and to my knowledge, only a few of the forum members have achieved it.

For example, I have slightly over 1,000,000 total lifetime points but only 300,000 or so in base points since status bonus and other bonus points do not count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.