Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Prytz
I think it is quite easy for GP to look up your lifetime base points. I thought it was 10 years as Diamond, but I guess not. Don't think they should make it too easy and dilute the perk.
I think it is 10 years + 1,000,000 base points.

They had to work it out manually for me when I asked last time - see above.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
10 Years is the easy part; not many can achieve the 1M base points in their lifetime. 1M points equate to spending almost USD 200K.

You can buy a ferrari!!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Prytz
I think it is quite easy for GP to look up your lifetime base points. I thought it was 10 years as Diamond, but I guess not. Don't think they should make it too easy and dilute the perk.
The agent I spoke to last week told me that the requirement for lifetime diamond is 10 yrs as a diamond, but did not mention anything about a point requirement also.

I assume she just didn't know what she was talking about.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:00 pm

Hey guys, I just noticed I am a "Lifetime Diamond" now. When I asked the check-in receptionist for the perks, first of all he was immediately aware of the fact that I was a lifetime Diamond. He explained that I would always get the very best room in the house (ahead of all other Diamonds). No other benefits beyond that (but that is fine with me, Hyatt treats me well, would not expect anything more).

When I asked him why I am a Lifetime Diamond member, he mentioned ten years of successive Diamond status as condition #1 and a very high base point number (he did not know the level) as condition #2.

Anyways, nice to know I won't fall through the top Elite cracks anymore (like I unfortunately did with Starwood this year ...).
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Hey guys, I just noticed I am a "Lifetime Diamond" now. When I asked the check-in receptionist for the perks, first of all he was immediately aware of the fact that I was a lifetime Diamond. He explained that I would always get the very best room in the house (ahead of all other Diamonds). No other benefits beyond that (but that is fine with me, Hyatt treats me well, would not expect anything more).

When I asked him why I am a Lifetime Diamond member, he mentioned ten years of successive Diamond status as condition #1 and a very high base point number (he did not know the level) as condition #2.

Anyways, nice to know I won't fall through the top Elite cracks anymore (like I unfortunately did with Starwood this year ...).

1. Congrats on the new Lifetime Diamond. ^^^^ Did you get notification from Hyatt about your new Lifetime Diamond status or did you just see it on your GP acct online.
2. Do you mind my asking how many total Lifetime Points you have (found in your Acct Summary online)? Just curious how many TOTAL points a Lifetime Diamond amasses before crossing 1M BASE points.
3. How come you don't post more in this Forum? You're the expert obviously, we need your expert input here!!! You can probably answer all our questions!!! ^^^
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Base points question

I have a question about Base points. This is what shows up in my acct for a one night stay at the Fair Lawn HP - 665 points. I paid $133 for that night. Does this mean my base point towards life time Dia gained 665 points for this one stay? Or is it only 133?

I wish someone from Hyatt can post the T&C for life time Dia. There are many threads and msgs on this board but they all seem to be hear say from CSRs or front desk personnel (many conflicting statements). The T&C will help end all speculations surrounding this topic.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have a question about Base points. This is what shows up in my acct for a one night stay at the Fair Lawn HP - 665 points. I paid $133 for that night. Does this mean my base point towards life time Dia gained 665 points for this one stay? Or is it only 133?

I wish someone from Hyatt can post the T&C for life time Dia. There are many threads and msgs on this board but they all seem to be hear say from CSRs or front desk personnel (many conflicting statements). The T&C will help end all speculations surrounding this topic.
On your example its 665. Base points means what you spend for eligible charges multiplied by 5 points per dollar. Base points does not include any bonus (for example if you have "elite" status, the extra points you get above 5 points per eligible dollars; or, if you are taking advantage of a promotion such as a "G1 - 1000 point bonus" (etc.), any of those bonus points).

You can see your lifetime total points (meaning base + bonus) online when logged onto your Gold Passport account. To see how many BASE points alone you have, and thus be able to track your progress towards 1 million base points, you need to call Gold Passport. They can quickly let you know how many you have.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card

Congrats, that's awesome! I am around 800,000 base points and counting!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by thesilb
On your example its 665. Base points means what you spend for eligible charges multiplied by 5 points per dollar.
Thanks for the clearification. I decided to call and i am only at 362K

Still a long way to go.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Congrats to CalFlyer. ^

I was just going to ask how points from Hyatt meetings are figured into the equation, but I see on my GP statement these are coded as "Bonus" and, I assume, not part of the lifetime calculation. Too bad. I get at least 100k of those types of bonus points every year.

I wonder if Hyatt gives out any "discretionary" Lifetime Diamond memberships to high-revenue meeting or travel planners?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
1. Congrats on the new Lifetime Diamond. ^^^^ Did you get notification from Hyatt about your new Lifetime Diamond status or did you just see it on your GP acct online.
2. Do you mind my asking how many total Lifetime Points you have (found in your Acct Summary online)? Just curious how many TOTAL points a Lifetime Diamond amasses before crossing 1M BASE points.
3. How come you don't post more in this Forum? You're the expert obviously, we need your expert input here!!! You can probably answer all our questions!!! ^^^

1. No notification. A phone reservation agent once greeted me with "Lifetime Diamond", but I did not react. But then I read it on a reservation confirmation, and asked the receptionist about it.

2. Interesting question. Checking, my lifetime points must have been around 1.4M at time of passing the 1M base points threshold

3. I think some of you are better experts than I am. But then again, over the years I have learnt a lot about the back office processes at Hyatt. Many staff members know me very well, and they like to talk.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I'm almost positive that it's been confirmed by GP Concierge on Flyertalk that the requirements for Lifetime Diamond are as follows:

1) US$200k spent (=1M base points)
and
2) 10 years as GP member (not 10 years as a Diamond as is often incorrectly believed)

From my calculations, I should just about hit Lifetime Diamond as I'm on my deathbed at about 80 years old. Hopefully that deathbed will be in a nice Hyatt so I can die happy as a Lifetime Diamond getting my perks.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:47 am

2. Interesting question. Checking, my lifetime points must have been around 1.4M at time of passing the 1M base points threshold.
Wow, sounds like you need to work on those "G" bonuses.

J/K, thanks for the info, I've always been curious how many bonus points a Lifetime Diamond racks up. I guess it varies by region too. If you travel in Europe, as you probably do, the room rates are higher (with less "G" bonuses) so you'd get more base points and less bonus points than somebody in the USA, and vice-versa it seems.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:16 pm

Wow, sounds like you need to work on those "G" bonuses.
Yeah, in my hotels they usually do not have any promos (fully booked, high priced). Was surprised myself to only see 40% on average.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From my calculations, I should just about hit Lifetime Diamond as I'm on my deathbed at about 80 years old. Hopefully that deathbed will be in a nice Hyatt so I can die happy as a Lifetime Diamond getting my perks.
By that time there will be an army of lifetime diamonds so you'll probably have to fight even for your deathbed upgrade (the real bummer is that you won't be able to call GP CS afterwards to complain and collect a few extra points).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.