Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed that Hyatt SFO's Stillwater Cafe participates in restaurant.com discount program.
If for whatever reason (and in SF I can't really think of too many) you want to eat at the hotel, this can save you quite a few $.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by azepine00
Just noticed that Hyatt SFO's Stillwater Cafe participates in restaurant.com discount program.
If for whatever reason (and in SF I can't really think of too many) you want to eat at the hotel, this can save you quite a few $.
Thank you, azepine00. *Visions of a very nice Sunday brunch for peanuts.*

A very good deal, as is. I wonder if restaurant.com will have a Father's Day discount promo like they did pre-Mother's Day. (Had to be purchased by the day after Mother's Day, but good for however long they're good for.) Probably outta time. That deal was on for weeks. Though as others have noted, there are pretty frequent similar restaurant.com promos.

I wonder if there are any mechanics for still receiving GP points while using the certificate, or if the meal must be purchased separately.

Scalini's is in on it, too.

Last edited by Firewind; Jun 1, 2009 at 8:13 pm Reason: Looked at the restaurant.com site
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
First Stay as a Diamond first time to a RC and Kickoff of TNBT.
Enjoying the RC $3 beers.
Good quality canapes. I'm low carbing now. Put a dent in the cheese station.
Yes, 3 types of cold cooked fish. Cold roast beef as well
Pre-arrival upgrade to RC King.
Bigtime coffee machine in the lounge.
Veggie and dips station.
Honor bar.View OK.
$18 parking was a surprise
Assigned room next to elevator. Requested move. Done.
Went downstairs.
Scalini closed on Wed? Guess so.
Knuckles...lots of male road warrior types lining the bar. Not exactly wajat I'm looking for...
-Scho

Last edited by schoflyer; Sep 30, 2009 at 10:27 pm
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Did you meet Pat and her dog Huskie?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
It's a wonderful dog, but they told me it's been banned from the RC .
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
As it should be, it never should have been in the RC to start with.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Although I love dogs, I have two myself, but I was shocked to see that Hyatt SFO let her bring the dog into the RC.

Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:55 am

For reference, in case someone needs it; all info current at time of posting and subject to change, of course:

RC on 9th floor, keyed access; hours:
Bfast (coffee/tea, cereal, hot oatmeal, assorted pastries & muffins, yogurt, deli meats and cheese, fruit, juices, milk): M-F 6:30-9:30 AM, Sat-Sun 7-10 AM
Cereal & coffee avail starting @ 5:30 AM (according to card they handed me)

Mid-Day (fruit, coffee, tea, juice, water, soft drinks - Pepsi products, cookies): M-F 11 AM-5 PM, Sat-Sun 11:30 AM-5 PM

Eve Hors d'oeuvres & honor bar: Daily 5-8 PM
Desserts: 8-9 PM

RC will be closed Thanksgiving (11/26/09) and the next day. May also be closed other days during holiday season, so call ahead for latest info if it's important.

Self-parking in covered multi-story garage: $2 first hr, $1.50 ea additional hr, $18/day flat rate for registered guests. Limited on-street parking (free) is about 1 block away on Burlway Rd. (next street closest to hotel); street is pretty dark and lonely at night -- poor lighting. There's a 20-min loading zone next to the side entrance (between hotel and parking garage) if you want to run in and checkin/dump luggage in room before parking on the street. There's also a Park&Fly rate which inc. parking.

If using AAA BREAKF rate, certs good in Swiftwater cafe for American breakfast buffet up until 9 AM, or can be used for up to $10 credit ea in the nearby to-go deli. And, BTW, there's a self-service microwave avail by the deli if you need to warm something after hours.

Rooms have small empty mini-refrigerators.

If you're catching an early AM flight, you may miss out on coffee or bfast (the deli and cafe don't open that early -- call for hrs). Also check the op hrs & times of the airport shuttle. The shuttle is shared with several other area hotels, so it can take longer than expected to reach the airport, and it may be full by the time it reaches you. Plan ahead.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Great Post...The only area that I differ with you on is the airport shuttle. It only shares with the Marriott and is VERY efficient. Runs every 10 minutes during morning rush and I have always been able to get a seat. I think this shuttle is the best hotel shuttle in the area, IMO...
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Great Post...The only area that I differ with you on is the airport shuttle. It only shares with the Marriott and is VERY efficient. Runs every 10 minutes during morning rush and I have always been able to get a seat. I think this shuttle is the best hotel shuttle in the area, IMO...
Could be. In our case, we were trying to get an early AM (4ish) shuttle, and at that time it ran only every 30 mins. The 1st one was packed (tour group?) and running late, because the next one arrived right behind it, which we caught. Lots of flight crews, too. All that, and no coffee...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL MM, Hyatt Glob (LT), Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold (LT)
Originally Posted by Cygnet
RC will be closed Thanksgiving (11/26/09) and the next day. May also be closed other days during holiday season, so call ahead for latest info if it's important.
Minor correction: RC is open tonight, 11/27. (I didn't think to ask whether this was a change in plans.)
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:50 am

Consolation prizes

Don't remember if I've said so before, but, as most of my stays here are around holidays, I've often encountered the closed Regency Club lounge. I've never been disappointed with the in-lieu-of certificates for a - generous - appetizer and a beer (or suchlike) in Knuckles, and the breakfast buffet. Just bringing this to the table in case they close it for the week after Christmas this year. Though mrdebit's report is an indication that they might not.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL MM, Hyatt Glob (LT), Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold (LT)
And a correction (clarification) on my correction: It was closed for breakfast on the day after Thanksgiving (11/27), but opened in the afternoon/evening (when I went in). I just asked about Christmas and was told by the concierge that, although she was not sure, she expected it would be like Thanksgiving: closing after breakfast on the 24th and reopening for drinks, etc on the afternoon of the 26th.

Sorry for the incomplete info.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent Customer Service

Enjoyed my stay here, 1 nt during week in between Christmas & New Years for SFO flight the next morning. Very nice front desk agent who commented on all the Hyatt certs (thanks to Costco) she'd been seeing. My husband was dropping me off, but stayed so we could eat dinner together. Front desk gave him free parking plus stamped my key packet for 20% food discount. Only place open was Knuckles, but she said we could ask them to let us order from Scalini's menu. Assigned to a room close to RC but not too close. Nice, new decor plus comfy bed & pillows. Good T-Mobile connection which as a Diamond, did not show up on the bill

RC food offerings were better than most I'd say. Some type of event going on at the hotel which involved lots of kids. 10-12 older teens enjoying themselves in RC in the evening; when the RC host asked them to leave because their parents weren't present and they didn't, manager was called to come & do it. Much appreciated.

Check-out line was too long so I used the kiosk (glad I gave FD the Hyatt certs the night before); no 1W bonus posted so will have to call. Airport shuttle comes frequently and is very efficient. I've always liked this Hyatt and it's even better now.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Staying here right now after DL paid me and Mrs. DLAtlPdx $400 each to stay in 60 degree SF for another day rather than return to 20 degree Atl, and gave us a free room here. Boy, that was a tough call. As for the lodging, RC is top of line, pretty darn impressive food spread included assorted meats, cheeses and veggies and al fresco seating overlooking SF bay. RC floor has its own fitness center that the protelariat can't use, though not its not any different than one on ground floor. Rooms surprisingly have old-school TVs, no flat screen, but many face out over bay (we got atrium view).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.