Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 16, 19, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I have no issue with the lounge offerings (that said, I'm on an expense account and love to eat mom and pop Asian places, so...), but I am loyal to this property. I just tilt the lamp slightly to fit my larger iPad plug into the lamp outlet. I sleep with all lights off, yet my device charges, so I'm not sure what you're encountering (a faulty lamp among the hundreds they have, can't blame the property for that? a bad wiring in one room? something normal that you haven't yet figured out? who knows...). I typically travel with a small three inch cable extension device that creates a 4:1 outlet if I have many devices like when I need a GoPro on trip, so I'm prepared with a place that has only one outlet in my preferred location within the room.

Doesn't the out-swinging bathroom door swing into a wall (the one with mirror) so when fully open one can't hit it?

I don't find too much to dislike about this property (ok, expensive self-park fee for those that don't want to park 1-2 blocks away in the limited number of side street spots)?
Old Apr 18, 19, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by beltway View Post
No.

Test was performed using the switch (or dimmer, for bedside lamps) on the lamp itself, not a wall switch. The condition was present in both bedside lamps as well as the lamp on the dresser.

It's admirable that so many people are loyal to this property (for reasons that elude me), but even if the lamp outlets had worked properly, having
  • only one per bedside
  • configured so that common adapters (e.g., for iPads) won't fit
is not acceptable in 2019 for a Hyatt Regency. Sleep Inn, maybe.
I agree that the lamp outlets are not convenient for using with wall warts. They just don't fit. I end up using something else. This is not the only Hyatt with that issue.

-David
Old Apr 22, 19, 12:42 pm

I usually unplug the lamp and plug my phone into the wall in its place.
shuuy likes this.
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I usually unplug the lamp and plug my phone into the wall in its place.
IIRC, the outlets for both bedside lamps were behind the bedside tables & thus hard to get at. I ended up using the outlet next to the dresser instead; didn't do a top-to-bottom search, but that was the only readily accessible always-on outlet I saw during a quick one-night stay.
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:45 am

staying here now, lounge offerings at dinner are actually decent, last night had roast chicken with asparagus that was very tasty. i know that I am supposed to visit restaurants in the area but after a long day of travel decent food in the lounge is sometimes exactly what i want. There are also two gyms here, weird, one on the 9th which has a much smaller layout and another on the lobby level which is much more comprehensive. The one on the 9th is only slightly better than what you would see at a Hyatt Place while the one on the lobby level is much closer to a complete gym.

No complaints about the plugs although i do know what you are talking about not being able to fit larger ones. There are more plugs by the couch in my room so i use those for my larger plug ins.

Also important to note, they proactively tried to get me into a suite but it was only on the second floor and i much rather prefer staying on the club floor.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Old Aug 25, 19, 7:56 pm

There's an app for the shuttle locations (live) ...

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 26, 19 at 6:18 pm
Old Aug 26, 19, 2:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
IIRC, the outlets for both bedside lamps were behind the bedside tables & thus hard to get at. I ended up using the outlet next to the dresser instead; didn't do a top-to-bottom search, but that was the only readily accessible always-on outlet I saw during a quick one-night stay.
Properties with inadequate receptacles should just change their alarm clocks to Cubie, which includes some outlets. Actually, they all should.

Search this Thread